Space Ghost GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GLE 450, space white GT received 11/04/22
Occupation
Nerd
Country flag
I'm not poo pooing on anything. I understand why people want it, and I hope that Ford adds it. But since it doesn't exist now, I'm trying to help point out options to get as close to that functionality as possible. I think it's weird that people poo poo on that help.
It’s hilarious when people help with #NotThatHard. That’s not help, that’s not genuine, that’s being cute with insults when others asked for a simple feature. So stop with the victim games of the “oh just asking questions” crowd. It’s unbelievably tiring and no one buys it.
Sponsored

nor3bo

First Name
Jacques
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Prem 4X
Country flag
Dog in Car.png

Tesla has had pet mode since February 2019. Elon Musk pushed it out in response a twitter request.

Why has Ford been so slow putting this in the Mach E? There have been tons of requests for it.

Does Jim Farly hate dogs?

...and Ferry mode, or some such mode to turn off the tilt sensors..

moparguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Miata, Mach E Select, Fusion
Country flag
Pet mode? we need a functional frunk button first!

MachE1977

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Tesla Model 3/ 2020 Mazda Miata Club
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Everyone wants pet mode until it malfunctions and the pet ends up dying. You want to know why Ford doesn’t implement Pet mode? Maybe it’s because Ford doesn’t have a Cult who would make excuses on why it malfunctioned and why it’s the owners fault….. like the other brand.

Last edited:

timunger0222

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-e Premium RWD
Occupation
RN
Country flag
I too wait. Pet mode is very important to me. The unknowledgeable salesman from where I purchased my Ruby, assured me pet mode would be coming with future updates. Two years later, I still wait. During the first few months of ownership, our little pup was traumatized by the new cars interior motion alarm that was not functioning properly because of a mismatch between the PAAK and the dongle, so the "Turn off motion detector" was not sticking. Now she doesn't want to go anyplace with us. Our next EV will have it at delivery, or the deal is off. It's that important. Our BMW i3 had it, so we know the luxury and miss it.

Tim

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Everyone wants pet mode until is malfunctions and the pet ends up dying. You want to know why Ford doesn’t implement Pet mode? Maybe it’s because Ford doesn’t have a Cult who would make excuses on why it malfunctioned and why it’s the owners fault….. like the other brand.
And now we’ve come to the “ford can’t trust its customers” excuse. This is the same reason why Ford is never going to allow owners to turn their interior motion sensors off. Some lawyer tells them “don’t allow that, somebody could leave a kid in the car” etc. which results in people having to use duct tape to stop the damned alarm from being triggered every time someone or a pet is in the car for any length of time, the car locks, and the sensors engage.

It’s tape, or disabling the walk away locks (a useful feature), or putting up with the damned alarms going off a few times a month. And it pisses me off that Ford requires me to make this choice because it cannot trust its customers.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
Everyone wants pet mode until it malfunctions and the pet ends up dying. You want to know why Ford doesn’t implement Pet mode? Maybe it’s because Ford doesn’t have a Cult who would make excuses on why it malfunctioned and why it’s the owners fault….. like the other brand.
This, it’s very apparent that tesla couldn’t care less about exposing themselves to all kinds of liability.
As someone pointed out, there’s a way to keep he vehicle running already. The only thing missing is accurate feedback to the app.

Sarah Davis

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150, 2017 CMax
Occupation
Internet Assistant
Country flag
lol mmmkay the biggest component of pet mode is to put on the giant screen that the car is in a pet mode. So…… do gooders don’t smash your windows and call the S.W.A.T team while you’re running an errand. #ThisIsNotHard
This sounds like a great feature that would be a simple programming or chip function.

Sarah Davis

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150, 2017 CMax
Occupation
Internet Assistant
Country flag
Even though hubby's M3 has that notice on the screen, I still made up a sign and laminated it to put in the dash because people are dumb! On one side, it's for the A/C running and the other side says the heat is running. Added our phone number to call in case of emergency. Don't use it very often, but it lives in the car in case we ever need it.

Screenshot 2023-01-29 at 1.13.27 PM.png
This is amazing!

Divebc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach e AWD Premium
Country flag
My dog is with me every day. This in turn kept setting off the alarm (yes even when turning off the motion sensors. After a month of that I ended up using forscan and turned off the alarm completely. I no longer have to worry about the dog setting off the alarm when it's cool out and the car is off . When it's warm out I leave the car on with the AC running. I also turned on secure idle so that regardless if the car is running someone can't pop a window and drive off (something I expect most people forget about when saying to just leave the car running. There is nothing stopping someone from driving off with a stock configured car at that point)

This works but is no substitute to having a reliable easy way for the people who don't want to mess around with the car. Or want to know it's secure while the pet is safe. Maybe one day we will get this feature.

NJDevFan30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium ER, '19 Highlander Hybrid
Country flag
I'm not requesting it. Turn off 30 minute timer, leave car running, lock door with 7/8 9/0 on external keypad. #ThisIsNotHard
Anyone know if Ford has disabled locking the car while running? It won't lock with my fob or using 7/8 9/0. Just me? Any ideas?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Anyone know if Ford has disabled locking the car while running? It won't lock with my fob or using 7/8 9/0. Just me? Any ideas?
Are you pushing 7/8 and 9/0 at the same time?

NJDevFan30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium ER, '19 Highlander Hybrid
Country flag
Are you pushing 7/8 and 9/0 at the same time?
Yes. Verified it works with the car off.

I know it used to be able to lock with the car on. I had the dog in the car today and couldn't get it to look with the car and A/C on.
Sponsored