Why the Mustang Mach E is better than the Tesla Model Y

All Hat No Cattle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Genesis GV-80 , 2017 Edge Titanium
Country flag
OK, your turn. Stop pretending you don't know the advantages of an electric car, or gar, if you prefer:

Quietness
Smoothness (no tranny!)
Acceleration
Scheduled maintenance cost and frequency
Unscheduled maintenance cost and frequency
Reliability (In my 7 years of EV driving so far, my single failure was an AC compressor)
High altitude performance
Emissions where driven
Emissions cradle to grave (in all but coal dominated electric service)
Fuel cost per mile
Alan, that is a great list. But I do believe that your bottom listing, "Fuel cost per mile" deserves to be at the top of the list, certainly more important to many people than Quietness, High altitude performance, etc.

I monitor this forum, the F150 forums, the Edge forum, and mucho financial news. It does not appear, to me anyway, that it is common knowledge that BEV's demolish ICE's when it comes to MPG.

Demolish. When it is plain to me that a BEV like the MME can get 4 times the MPG that our '17 Edge gets, never mind my F150, I consider that to be a big deal.

I believe that a lot of other people will come to that same conclusion, when they learn about it. For some reason, I have not seen that emphasized enough.

Let's face it, when people look at a window sticker they look at the price, the safety ratings and the EPA MPG ratings, and not always in that order.

When the MME and F150 Lightning are produced in large enough numbers that dealers have them sitting on the showroom floor, next to ICE models, then we will see what people really want.

How can you compare this:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Why the Mustang Mach E is better than the Tesla Model Y Capture.JPG

To this:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Why the Mustang Mach E is better than the Tesla Model Y Capture1.JPG

Today, Costco gas is $3.10 for regular, and my standard electric rate is $.11/kwh.

So, 4.2 gallons X $3.10=$13.02 per 100 miles. And, 34 KWH x $.11= $3.74 per 100 miles.

And if I only charge at night I can get a $.05/KWH rate., so...

Show me an ICE that can match that.:)

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Alan, that is a great list. But I do believe that your bottom listing, "Fuel cost per mile" deserves to be at the top of the list, certainly more important to many people than Quietness, High altitude performance, etc.

I monitor this forum, the F150 forums, the Edge forum, and mucho financial news. It does not appear, to me anyway, that it is common knowledge that BEV's demolish ICE's when it comes to MPG.

Demolish. When it is plain to me that a BEV like the MME can get 4 times the MPG that our '17 Edge gets, never mind my F150, I consider that to be a big deal.

I believe that a lot of other people will come to that same conclusion, when they learn about it. For some reason, I have not seen that emphasized enough.

Let's face it, when people look at a window sticker they look at the price, the safety ratings and the EPA MPG ratings, and not always in that order.

When the MME and F150 Lightning are produced in large enough numbers that dealers have them sitting on the showroom floor, next to ICE models, then we will see what people really want.

How can you compare this:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Why the Mustang Mach E is better than the Tesla Model Y Capture1.JPG

To this:

Today, Costco gas is $3.10 for regular, and my standard electric rate is $.11/kwh.

So, 4.2 gallons X $3.10=$13.02 per 100 miles. And, 34 KWH x $.11= $3.74 per 100 miles.

And if I only charge at night I can get a $.05/KWH rate., so...

Show me an ICE that can match that.:)
Is 11 cents your supply rate? Are you including taxes and transmission costs?

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Ha, I wonder if there will be any new cars at all in the $20s in a few years. Maybe time for Yugo to come back? Or the electric Adobe (E-dobe)?

At least the panel gaps were good on this.

All Hat No Cattle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Genesis GV-80 , 2017 Edge Titanium
Country flag
Is 11 cents your supply rate? Are you including taxes and transmission costs?
It does not really matter what the taxes, etc. actually are on the .11 rate (really .10282).

If you have a BEV you pay the 5 cent rate most of the year.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Why the Mustang Mach E is better than the Tesla Model Y 1620353973949

https://www.nvenergy.com/account-se...s/electric-vehicle/standard-rates-residential

So really, I would pay $1.70 per 100 miles at my lowest available BEV rate. Compared to the $13.02 per 100 miles for the gasser Edge in Post #1321 above.

The ICE people do not realize how much the efficiency of a BEV is over an ICE. When that becomes common knowledge, don't get caught in the stampede.

Come on guys, $1.70 for fuel to go 100 miles compared to $13.02 to go the same distance? A 7 to 1 ratio? Yikes.

That is phenomenal!!! Sadly, most people in the country do not yet have a clue. Sigh. :)

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Tesla just raised the Y's price by $500. Again. It now starts at $51,490. Kudos to Tesla I guess?

TheCats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Y5Z
Country flag
Re-read what I wrote. I prefer my Tesla and used it as an example because it has a uniform, easy process. Some EV charging networks are annoying and failure-prone. They require opening a phone app, scanning a barcode, entering the charger number, responding to a texted code, updating payment information, etc. Tesla makes the process simpler, since the car handles communication and authentication. Other EVs are close to having the same simplicity, at least with some charging networks.

And not every gas station has a 15 second payment process. There are plenty that require paying at a central kiosk or going inside the convenience store, which typically involves waiting in line.
That imagined "7 minutes" for a perfect fuel stop is almost never achieved in real life.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Re-read what I wrote. I prefer my Tesla and used it as an example because it has a uniform, easy process. Some EV charging networks are annoying and failure-prone. They require opening a phone app, scanning a barcode, entering the charger number, responding to a texted code, updating payment information, etc. Tesla makes the process simpler, since the car handles communication and authentication. Other EVs are close to having the same simplicity, at least with some charging networks.

And not every gas station has a 15 second payment process. There are plenty that require paying at a central kiosk or going inside the convenience store, which typically involves waiting in line.
That imagined "7 minutes" for a perfect fuel stop is almost never achieved in real life.
Average dwell time at a freeway rest stop is between 10-12 minutes. Refuelling on a road trip is different than filling up on the way home from work. I don't understand the idea that road trippers gas and go on a 500-700 mile road trip in 5 minutes or less.

UW2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Test drove ID.4 Friday. Test drove the Model Y on Sunday, but only for comparison, fully expecting to go with ID.4. On a whim, test drove the MME on Monday, just to check on it, expecting the difference wouldn’t justify the higher price. Wrong! It exceeded both. Ordered the MME on Tuesday, due to it being the best of the three, plus all the reasons stated above.
Wow, now that is a review I can believe cause you put your money before mouthing off.

UW2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag