Will my Mach e ever get here? How do I find out info?

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
We are in very similar situations! Both took over an order so we don't get the emails. Both in central Florida! My ship date is also 10/8 so i am guessing our cars are on the same train. Who is your dealer?

The tracker says 11/16 to 11/22 for me, but somebody posted that because of the chip shortage, they aren't shipping as many cars and they are getting place 2 weeks early
Autonation Sanford.

Also seeing an ETA End Date of 11/22 - not sure what that means.
Sponsored

OP
OP

ScottMcCool

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Premium AWD ER MME
Country flag
Autonation Sanford.

Also seeing an ETA End Date of 11/22 - not sure what that means.
I just sent you a message. I'm also waiting for a car to autonation Sanford at the same day. I sent you my vin. I want to make sure they didn't sell us the same car

OP
OP

ScottMcCool

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Premium AWD ER MME
Country flag
I just sent you a message. I'm also waiting for a car to autonation Sanford at the same day. I sent you my vin. I want to make sure they didn't sell us the same car
We talked on a separate thread. They sold us the same car

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Whaaaat? How?

Is it a cancelled order they double booked?
We're not entirely clear. I got an e-mail from the GM of the dealership saying they gave me a wrong VIN and I should receive the correct VIN within a week. How likely are there two red Mach-E Premiums with the same config available? I am concerned I've been bait and switch. There was a GT scheduled for production soon on their board - with a $10K markup.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
We're not entirely clear. I got an e-mail from the GM of the dealership saying they gave me a wrong VIN and I should receive the correct VIN within a week. How likely are there two red Mach-E Premiums with the same config available? I am concerned I've been bait and switch. There was a GT scheduled for production soon on their board - with a $10K markup.
It wouldn’t be the first time there was a bait and switch at a dealership, however, I can’t possibly see what the motivation would be to drag people along for 10 months.

Where is the switch? Literally no car available to switch to.

Simplest theory is the first. They gave someone the wrong VIN.

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Whaaaat? How?

Is it a cancelled order they double booked?
That wouldn't be the first time either. I vaguely recall reading about something similar a while back at a different dealer.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
It wouldn’t be the first time there was a bait and switch at a dealership, however, I can’t possibly see what the motivation would be to drag people along for 10 months.

Where is the switch? Literally no car available to switch to.

Simplest theory is the first. They gave someone the wrong VIN.
The VIN they gave to Scott is probably accurate. He's been waiting for 7+ months.

I just popped by yesterday night before close to look at the GT (sold) and was convinced to put a deposit on a red premium AWD Ext with MSRP ($57K plus markup... yes I agreed to markup but we spoke about my ID.4 trade so it balances out with the tax savings). They said it was on chip hold. With an ETA within 1-2 month. Then today after an e-mail they said they would provide a VIN within a week.

What I would hate if they were planning to sell me Scott's car with the markup - screwing Scott. I would NOT do that.

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
The mixup could be due to nothing more than sloppiness. The likelihood of having two rapid red premium with the same config might be higher than one expects: back in Feb. when I test drove a rapid red Premium AWD EX with light interior at a dealer, dealer salesperson said the next two customer orders they had coming in happened to be exactly the same. That said VINs are available a couple of months before a vehicle is even built, so the "providing the correct VIN within a week" part sounds like stalling for time to me.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The VIN they gave to Scott is probably accurate. He's been waiting for 7+ months.

I just popped by yesterday night before close to look at the GT (sold) and was convinced to put a deposit on a red premium AWD Ext with MSRP ($57K plus markup... yes I agreed to markup but we spoke about my ID.4 trade so it balances out with the tax savings). They said it was on chip hold. With an ETA within 1-2 month. Then today after an e-mail they said they would provide a VIN within a week.

What I would hate if they were planning to sell me Scott's car with the markup - screwing Scott. I would NOT do that.
Ah, it could also just be simple salesperson ineptitude.

They see a car, that’s a cancelled order, coming in in their system and don’t know that it’s already resold. I’m not sure how their internal systems work with this Kinda thing. The manager or someone else should be able to figure it out.

Scenario 2: you are their plan B if the first person says no to the car at delivery (which seems to happen pretty often). This would suck though if true. We shall see if they come up with VIN #2.

As long as scheduled for production, would take 2 minutes for them to get it.

Carlos J. Marrero

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I am one of those who had a construction date for 9/7 and went to sleep waiting for a chip. Then they shipped it on 9/21 and to this day it is in a black hole. So are almost all of us who had a shipping date of 9/21.

OP
OP

ScottMcCool

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Premium AWD ER MME
Country flag

LOL, thanks! I appreciate that!

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Ah, it could also just be simple salesperson ineptitude.

They see a car, that’s a cancelled order, coming in in their system and don’t know that it’s already resold. I’m not sure how their internal systems work with this Kinda thing. The manager or someone else should be able to figure it out.

Scenario 2: you are their plan B if the first person says no to the car at delivery (which seems to happen pretty often). This would suck though if true. We shall see if they come up with VIN #2.

As long as scheduled for production, would take 2 minutes for them to get it.
Still no order number nor VIN even after back and forth e-mails. They are promising the info at the end of next week.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Still no order number nor VIN even after back and forth e-mails. They are promising the info at the end of next week.
As long as the correct info gets to you before the car gets there, you should be able to sleep better.

The longer it goes, the shadier it seems though. They may be scrambling behind the scenes trying to get you a different cancelled order in order to cover up their f up.

Getting an order number takes a few seconds. “Click” poof and you have an order number.

The VIN is also a click away, as long as production is scheduled. None of these things require a week.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
As long as the correct info gets to you before the car gets there, you should be able to sleep better.

The longer it goes, the shadier it seems though. They may be scrambling behind the scenes trying to get you a different cancelled order in order to cover up their f up.

Getting an order number takes a few seconds. “Click” poof and you have an order number.

The VIN is also a click away, as long as production is scheduled. None of these things require a week.
Two weeks later and the dealer never sent an order number nor VIN as loosely promised for the cancelled order (I was supposed to trade in my ID.4 for it - I've since traded that for a Model Y that I found on Tesla's site)

I requested a refund and they reversed my credit card charge without fuss (it has since posted).

I'm fine with waiting until summer 2022 for the Mach-Es (whatever arrives first I buy) since I ditched the problematic ID.4.
Sponsored