Reaction score
Website
sorice.com
Vehicles
2023 GTPE, Rapid Red
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
Finally doing some highway driving with my 2 week old MME. I have not had any wind noise from pano roof, but I am noticing some from what seems like the windows - or maybe the door? Hard to tell.

Granted, I'm only hearing it pick up in intensity at about 75 - 80 MPH, and it's not that loud. Below that it is amazingly quiet.

Just curious if anyone has any ideas (or has tried) to do something to help dampen it. I may try putting some temporary tape over the door where it meets the body, where the windows meet the door frame, etc. (and get in from the passenger side :^) to try and isolate it.

I know it's a nit-picky problem, but I like to experiment and was wondering if anyone else has done any tinkering.
Sponsored

ebeponyan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Finally doing some highway driving with my 2 week old MME. I have not had any wind noise from pano roof, but I am noticing some from what seems like the windows - or maybe the door? Hard to tell.

Granted, I'm only hearing it pick up in intensity at about 75 - 80 MPH, and it's not that loud. Below that it is amazingly quiet.

Just curious if anyone has any ideas (or has tried) to do something to help dampen it. I may try putting some temporary tape over the door where it meets the body, where the windows meet the door frame, etc. (and get in from the passenger side :^) to try and isolate it.

I know it's a nit-picky problem, but I like to experiment and was wondering if anyone else has done any tinkering.
I don't mean to sound dismissive, but there is a point at which you're just going to have to reckon with air resistance at higher speeds (both from a noise and an efficiency standpoint) meeting the stout front end of the Mach-E. Especially since that noise isn't being met by the roaring chorus of a combustion engine. That said, I'll second your own suggestion of systematically taping over gaps to identify sources of noise. If you go through that process, I'm sure this forum would enjoy hearing about the results.

praxiscat

First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Which model. The Premiums should have less wind noise than the California Rt. 1 and Selects for example because of the fact the premiums have acoustic glass on the drivers and passenger doors. That acoustic glass can make a big difference. It is a big reason I ordered a premium versus the Rt 1.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
it pick up in intensity at about 75 - 80 MPH, and it's not that loud. Below that it is amazingly quiet.

Just curious if anyone has any ideas (or has tried) to do something to help dampen it.
The audible decibels decrease along with reduction of the rate of rotation of the driven wheels, until your Mustang Mach-E's forward velocity falls below roughly 8 meters per second. At that point, you may notice pedestrian warning tones and, if you are still on the freeway, many mad motorists.

Which model.
Premium, according to Sal's profile.

FFPM03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT, 14 F150, 2018 Explorer
Country flag
I have a Select and what sounds like wind noise by the drivers side door. It sounds like a bad seal on a door or the window is slightly cracked. I plan to take it to the dealer as it's quite noticeable, keep us informed on what you find.

OP
OP
SoriceConsulting

SoriceConsulting

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sorice.com
Vehicles
2023 GTPE, Rapid Red
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
I hear it as well, but, as I said, not really noticeable until about 75-80 MPH. At what speed do you find t noticeable? I have Premium model.
Sponsored