Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE 2023.5
Occupation
Network Engineer
Country flag
How to interpret this? does this mean if I buy the first (and apparently older?) one, bluecruise is included (at least 3 years worth?) but only 90 days on the second one? I think these two are identical otherwise. does this also mean the first one has been sitting on their lot for months at this point?

Assuming these are otherwise identical and there weren't any revisions (other than the second one clearly shipped with updated software), I presume I should buy the one with the "free" blue cruise (and does that somehow account for their much larger discount on the price (despite what the window sticker says?

Or is the first one their demo unit? On the other hand, just noticed I get the mobile power cord on the "newer" one, which I thought they stopped including. I guess that accounts for the 500 higher msrp, even though the dealer is 1000 (nearly) less than the other one.

So, assuming we don't negotiate, I pay 1000 more, avoid the $2100 blue cruise charge, but have to buy the mobile power cord, and save a total of 1600 in the end (or more, if that can be interpreted as lifetime bluecruise). was pre-paid or lifetime bluecruise ever a thing? I know you can prepay for 3 years at purchase time, but I thought that was separate (and I would hope it would be 3 years + 90 days, otherwise use up the trial first, then subscribe).

I'm so confused. both cars are shadow black (if it doesn't say that somewhere in there).

Ford Mustang Mach-E Window sticker confusion 1693807908215

Ford Mustang Mach-E Window sticker confusion 1693807965874

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Such a small cost difference is not what I would base my decision on as it does not mean much. I think one is older than the other you should get the build dates for each. I would go with the newer/latest one if that difference is a lot but that is your choice.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Yes, that's the case. BC1.2 is included in the top one, but you only get a 90 day trial with the bottom one. I find it very interesting that in the top one there is no mention of a three year subscription to BC1.2. Prior to mid-2023 Mach Es with BC were being sold with a three year subscription, though it wasn't noted on the window sticker. (I think there's a case to be made that therefore BC isn't in fact a subscription product, but that's another issue.) Anyway, yes, I think you'd have BC for (at least three years) if you bought the top car. And therefore that's much better deal (assuming you want BC).

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes, that's the case. BC1.2 is included in the top one, but you only get a 90 day trial with the bottom one. I find it very interesting that in the top one there is no mention of a three year subscription to BC1.2. Prior to mid-2023 Mach Es with BC were being sold with a three year subscription, though it wasn't noted on the window sticker. (I think there's a case to be made that therefore BC isn't in fact a subscription product, but that's another issue.) Anyway, yes, I think you'd have BC for (at least three years) if you bought the top car. And therefore that's much better deal (assuming you want BC).
There are no BCHF roads around here therefore not a big selling point as it can not be used. If the 1.2 BCHF vehicle has the job 1 HVBJB in it that would be more of a concern for me. I would check what roads are available in my area for BCHF before I would base my decision on that. At the subscription cost not many are going to pay for Ford's R&D anyway.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I’m 99% sure it’s a 2023, therefore updated HVBJB. In Utah (where OP is from) there should be miles and miles of BCHF freeways, so ample usage opportunities. But, not everyone wants to use it, which is why I wrote:
(assuming you want BC).

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’m 99% sure it’s a 2023, therefore updated HVBJB. In Utah (where OP is from) there should be miles and miles of BCHF freeways, so ample usage opportunities. But, not everyone wants to use it, which is why I wrote:
you may be right? Definitely different build dates how different 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP

xxiii

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE 2023.5
Occupation
Network Engineer
Country flag
Such a small cost difference is not what I would base my decision on as it does not mean much. I think one is older than the other you should get the build dates for each. I would go with the newer/latest one if that difference is a lot but that is your choice.
I would normally go for the newest one (and I wonder what SOC its been at sitting on their lot this whole time and if they've been properly maintaining it (whatever that means for these when they just sit for months), but if they really were identical the free BC would be nice.

I found at the bottom of sticker (after posting/screenshots) that the dates are

5/24/23
8/25/23
(they also have a white bc included one with 6/1/23)

I also just noticed the newest one claims an 11 kw charger while the others list 10.5, so apparently there are non-software differences. Unless they're able to control that via software as well, in which case, why did they change it?
=====
They are both 2023 at the top of the window sticker (not shown, plus what I wrote above).

My daily commute (the primary route anyway) is all shown as BC on their map. About a 3rd of my backup route (when the main route has some issue) is not BC, even though its recently turned into a divided highway (hopefully it gets BCed soon).

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Get the older one. It’sa no brainier (assuming you like the color). BC on the newer one will cost you $2100 for three years.

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
I got a Ford Certified Used Permium that came with one year Blue Cruise and 250kWh of Electrified America charging thru 12-31-23. Good luck.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
The differences are because one is a 2023 and the other is a 2023.5. Go with the 2023.

The onboard charger is the same despite what the window stickers say. The theoretical maximum for the MME is actually 11.5kW (48A at 240V). Ford just can’t decide how they want to say that.
Sponsored