SightUp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
ARNG
Country flag
I remember there being a thread about a year ago about upgrading wipers. What is the consensus on the best upgrades I can purchase, front and back, for my Mach E?
Sponsored

OP
OP

SightUp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
ARNG
Country flag

RedOctobrrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach E Select AWD
Country flag
For the rear, look up this: Bosch A401H

You cannot get a better fitting rear wiper. This is it. It goes all the way to the edge minus like 3mm.

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
For the rear, look up this: Bosch A401H

You cannot get a better fitting rear wiper. This is it. It goes all the way to the edge minus like 3mm.
So you'd go with the A401H 16" over the A380H 15"? I see where you say it goes to the edge but I've heard the 15" doesn't sit flat at the edge, does the A401H?

/Don't get that much rain out here so haven't changed ours yet

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I have a Trico 15-G on the rear and the original front blades on the front. No issues yet, almost 16 months, been through a couple of snow storms and one summer. I expect I will need to replace them all in the fall. 🤔🐩

RedOctobrrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach E Select AWD
Country flag
So you'd go with the A401H 16" over the A380H 15"? I see where you say it goes to the edge but I've heard the 15" doesn't sit flat at the edge, does the A401H?

/Don't get that much rain out here so haven't changed ours yet
Hey sorry missed this for some reason ... Can confirm the larger A401H installs super easily, has been used at highway speeds, and the blade makes contact throughout the entire range of motion from one end to the other, it sits flush up against the glass right up to the very edge. What I DON'T KNOW is how this added inch or two will work with snow/ice/slush. It wipes rain completely and the field of view through the wiped glass is a TON better than stock.

RedOctobrrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach E Select AWD
Country flag
Did you receive it yet? Install took like 2mins. Just be very careful when bringing the BLADELESS arm back down to the glass, it will want to snap back and hit the glass, bring it back gently. If you're concerned of accidentally letting it go mid-install and smacking the glass, put some cardboard behind while installing.

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
Hey sorry missed this for some reason ... Can confirm the larger A401H installs super easily, has been used at highway speeds, and the blade makes contact throughout the entire range of motion from one end to the other, it sits flush up against the glass right up to the very edge. What I DON'T KNOW is how this added inch or two will work with snow/ice/slush. It wipes rain completely and the field of view through the wiped glass is a TON better than stock.
Yeah. We dont get much snow in SoCal so I’ll have to give the 16’s a shot. Thanks!

su-ch+mache

First Name
carl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ford-suv-freunde.com
Vehicles
Escape MY17, Puma MY20, Mach E MY22 AWD ER TP2
Occupation
retired buyer
Country flag
Hi guys, I just did a comparion for a MME forum in Germany regarding the rear wipers
all wipers do fit on the rear, the only blade exceeding the glas is the Bosch A450H, all others are perfect

As for the frront wipers we have tested Bosch A225S (length 650/550), on this one the passerger side slightly touches the A pillar. It works but due to the length of the passenger blade not recommended.
Then we have the A636S and A051S with a length of 650 repectively 530 mm, these are packs with 2 wipers same length. Yesterday we found out the Bosch A638S (650/530) which is for VAG vehicles does also fit the MME. These blades are recommeded and work perfectly.

Vergleich.jpg

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Can confirm this one works great, installed it this weekend. Slide/pull original off and this one just pops in securely. Initially I was a bit concerned since the adapter is slightly different, but it works great.

su-ch+mache

First Name
carl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ford-suv-freunde.com
Vehicles
Escape MY17, Puma MY20, Mach E MY22 AWD ER TP2
Occupation
retired buyer
Country flag
if you wonder why one mentions A400H and the other user A401H
then have a look at thee pic below. When you take off the cap on the 400 then you get the 401. That's all they are the same wipers

400 vs 401.jpg
Sponsored