Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I have my Continental WINTERCONTACT TS 860 S tires in hand and have an installation appointment in a few weeks. Winter comes early here. Will advise.
Sponsored

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
I was on 1010tires.com and they show winter-2. So according to them 17" would fit. I find that hard to believe.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I have my Continental WINTERCONTACT TS 860 S tires in hand and have an installation appointment in a few weeks. Winter comes early here. Will advise.
I remember trick or treating thru more than a foot of snow outside of Anchorage back in the 80s. I don't know if that's still a thing nowadays.

OttawaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD SR, F150 XLT Special Edition
Occupation
Busy!
Country flag
I was on 1010tires.com and they show winter-2. So according to them 17" would fit. I find that hard to believe.

Hard to believe as well!!!

After lots of thinking this over, I've decided to keep the Premium wheels for Summer and get 18" for winter. It was getting a little too pricey for me to move to 20" + tires + winter tires... I have better use for my money!

And I went to the least expensive wheels for winter... Steel wheels from Costco 99$ each!. Tried them on they fit nicely (but don't see how 17" would fit around the front brakes). And yes they are ok for the car 1950lbs capacity each

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Hard to believe as well!!!

After lots of thinking this over, I've decided to keep the Premium wheels for Summer and get 18" for winter. It was getting a little too pricey for me to move to 20" + tires + winter tires... I have better use for my money!

And I went to the least expensive wheels for winter... Steel wheels from Costco 99$ each!. Tried them on they fit nicely (but don't see how 17" would fit around the front brakes). And yes they are ok for the car 1950lbs capacity each
Got a link you can share for those wheels, please. Thanks!

OttawaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Busy!
Country flag
Got a link you can share for those wheels, please. Thanks!

Wished I could share something, it's on a side Costco.ca webpage and I can't seem to be able to get a link directly to the wheels

But here's some info.

First they are only available in 18".
Costco.ca item number 1200024
Part# X48518

I saw some on CanadaWheels (not sure if they are from the same company or not, but they were 126$ each...
https://www.canadawheels.ca/steel-acier-wheels/premium-black-w52460?currentselectedvehicle=206444

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Wished I could share something, it's on a side Costco.ca webpage and I can't seem to be able to get a link directly to the wheels

But here's some info.

First they are only available in 18".
Costco.ca item number 1200024
Part# X48518

I saw some on CanadaWheels (not sure if they are from the same company or not, but they were 126$ each...
https://www.canadawheels.ca/steel-acier-wheels/premium-black-w52460?currentselectedvehicle=206444
Gives me an idea what to look for. The linked one is 18 x 7.5 so what size tire do you put on it? Sorry for all the questions. Thank you for you help.

cloud9

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bullitt, 19Edge ST, 21 Explorer ST ,21 MMEGTPE
Country flag
Has anyone bought a second set of wheels for their GT? I bought a set of Blizzak 245/45/20s and plan to just mount on the stock wheels unless I can find a good alternate wheel for winter tires. Not crazy about spending $5k+ for an extra set of stock wheels. Back in the day I remember the 2012 Boss 302 LS wheels only cost about $200 a copy. I guess inflation is real ?

OttawaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Busy!
Country flag

cloud9

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Are they suitable for the weight capacity? I know in the 19 and 18 they "shouldn't be mounted on the MME
No idea. I asked my dealer to order the set that would fit and that's what they ordered. It's an SUV tire, so I sure hope so.......having the dealer double check.

Last edited:

OttawaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Busy!
Country flag
No idea. I asked my dealer to order the set the would fit and that's what they ordered. It's an SUV tire, so I sure hope so.......

Better double check, not sure what the stock GT's are but on the Premium they are 103 and Select has 104 load ratings, and the Blizzaks in those sizes are not higher then 98 I think. Sucks, I'm a big fan of Blizzak, I now need to go to something else!

cloud9

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Better double check, not sure what the stock GT's are but on the Premium they are 103 and Select has 104 load ratings, and the Blizzaks in those sizes are not higher then 98 I think. Sucks, I'm a big fan of Blizzak, I now need to go to something else!
Thanks. I'm double checking with them.

cloud9

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Good news, they told me they are rated at 103 and match the load rating printed inside the door.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Winter tires 1630336162301