Wire Access door issues plastic door falls open.

leeman

First Name
Leith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Hey folks I'm having an issue with the little access door that holds the two wires to automatically open the front trunk. It's been falling out and I'm having to put it back in multiple times does anybody experience this before and is there a way to make it not fall out as often without a trip to the dealer? As you know going to the dealer can be a hit and miss and sometimes make things worse so I wondered if somebody out there had a good hack to keep this little piece of plastic on the front bumper from falling out all the time? Thank you for your feedback.
Sponsored

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
I haven't seen a quick fix yet, but since your car is still likely under warranty I wouldn't pass up the opportunity to take in in for an hour and potentially have a new door ordered for you.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Scotch tape? Seriously though I did see a thread on this; although, it may have been on a different forum. You may find something with a search. His started popping open after a trip to the car wash.

RosarioM

First Name
Rosario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT
Country flag
I had this issue today. I was about to enter a car wash when the attendant stopped me and said there’s a piece of plastic hanging from your car. I got out and sure enough it was hanging on one clip. I pushed it back in but now I’m worried it will fall out again. I didn’t bump into it and can’t imagine doing anything that would loosen it. Is anyone else having this issue?

Brutakus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Select AWD Comfort/Tech Package
Country flag
I had that issue since a few days after getting my car. It came off in a touchless carwash because the clip on the top of it had one side of its supports snapped from the factory.
It's been backordered until like just a week ago (no joke)
Your dealer will have to order it and paint it since it comes unpainted from Ford. Mine is being covered under warranty but you probably will indeed need to deal with your dealer.

I assume this is what you're referring to?
https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/body/bumpers/cover-13289857-1
Sponsored