Wireless CarPlay and Wired Charging Causes Phone to Lag / Freeze

MachEUser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
I was wondering if anyone has encountered an issue with their iPhone when it is charging via the USB C or USB ports and connected to the Sync system via Wireless CarPlay. I have noticed that the phone starts to lags /slow down significantly over a time to where you can't type or use any apps. Also it may just freeze or become unresponsive. Using an iPhone 12 Pro.

I have another car (Chrysler) where using the phone in a similar manner (wireless car play with wired charging) doesn't cause the same responsiveness issue which makes me think it is somewhat related to the iPhone interaction with the Ford Sync system. Maybe a conflict with wireless and wired CarPlay. The phone will automatically connect to wireless when you usually get inside the car.

While some may recommend not using wired charging, I find the wireless charging doesn't really add to the battery % on the phone but instead only maintains the battery at its % charge probably due to the lower amp it is providing.
Sponsored

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
Get a 12v usb adapter and connect thru the port under the armrest.

OP
OP

MachEUser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Can work around it but just wondering if this is happening to anyone else? If it is a software bug in sync, maybe it can be fixed.
Sponsored