Would suck if u wait a year to get car then this happens: Switzerland plans to BAN electric cars from the roads during power shortages

All Hat No Cattle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Genesis GV-80 , 2017 Edge Titanium
Country flag

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Mach E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
Lol, I think they have their power priorities messed up, HD video and electric leaf blowers are banned before Crypto mining?
We have no idea what other items were/are in the emergency response plan. It's very possible/likely things like banning crypto mining and other usage is also in there, but didn't make the headline since it's not as sexy as bashing EVs

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
Has there been an emergency shortage of electricity that would have fallen within the level 3 escalation the article describes within the past 10 years?

I think we'd all be kind of shocked at the powers the government has in a true emergency, and many of them are probably necessary if it's an actual end of the world event. Just because emergency plans are in place doesn't mean they'll be triggered often, or ever
I think the DM should be more shocked if there were no emergency powers in place.

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Many angry people sued Daily Mail, but afaik they never lost. Daily Mail albeit being provocative has proven to be very reliable.
Reliable like supporting Hitler and his Brownshirts in the 1930's on his rise to power?

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
Seems to me, if things get to the point where banning electric car charging is necessary, not being able to drive to the shop is the least of your worries. Because, you know, freezing.

In other Daily Mail news, every single person who ate a tomato before 1900 is now DEAD! Ban tomatoes immediately! Protect the children!

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I think the DM should be more shocked if there were no emergency powers in place.
Do you know the problem with "emergency powers"? Eventually everything becomes an "emergency" and then they are just "powers". Most people would not want politicians to have that much power over us. I know I don't.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
Reliable like supporting Hitler and his Brownshirts in the 1930's on his rise to power?
Let's leave Volkswagen out of this.

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag