Wow... did I get lucky!

DocOfClocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Mach-E Premium AWD, CR-V Hybrid
Country flag
Ordered a Rapid Red, Premium, AWD ER on March 4th. Was pretty much resigned to waiting until end of summer or fall, at best, to get it. On Sunday, I noticed this exact model in the Ford inventory for my local dealer. E-mail my sales guy, who answered right back saying it was probably a service car, but he'd check on it Monday morning. Called me on Monday and said no, one of the sales reps had ordered it and decided not to buy it - and I could have it! Went to the dealer Tuesday morning, inspected it, and they brought it to my house today (Tuesday).

On inspection, I noticed that it had the well documented misalignment of the windshield with the roof - it was flush on the drivers side but below roof level on the passenger side. They called their service manager out and he agreed that it was a manufacturer's defect, and that they'd write it into my purchase agreement that I could bring the car back at any time in the first 36 months and have it replaced. He suggested that I not replace it immediately unless it really was bothering me, and then if it gets cracked by a rock impact or something I could get it replaced for free. So I decided to see if it would bother me or if I was noting any extra wind noise over the next few days.

I do want to note that the folks at Klaben Ford (NE Ohio) were great. Gave me X-plan, had Options all figured out, and didn't try to sell me anything beyond the vehicle. I told them that if they weren't careful they were going to give Ford dealers a good name.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Wow... did I get lucky! Mach-E_Day1
Sponsored

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
That's awesome news about the roof!

OP
OP
DocOfClocks

DocOfClocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Mach-E Premium AWD, CR-V Hybrid
Country flag
That's awesome news about the roof!
Yeah, they were pretty certain that the defect was not in the roof, but in how the windshield was mounted, since you could feel the difference along the windshield pillars in how high the windshield was sitting. But yeah, they never left me with any doubt that they would make it right.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Congrats. The RR looks very good in that pic.

RedStormREHS

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Camry Hybrid / Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Health Inspector
Country flag
Super nice deal!! This was my configuration. Your windshield/pano roof alignment looks nearly identical to MME I walked from. In hindsight, probably should've accepted and had service/sales write the defects in a "Due Bill" form required in CA. My car was built 1/30. Your Ford dealer is a keeper!

RedStormREHS

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Camry Hybrid / Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Health Inspector
Country flag
I placed a reservation for a GT. Looks like you will be able to configure with 3 roof types! Pano glass, black & body color sheet metal. I'll do the body color sheet metal! Love the Rapid Red. Dealer said that Dearborn "may" be able to work with my reservation. Have no idea. Converting to an order hopefully soon.
Sponsored