05/23/22 Build Week Chat

Ccarbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E CA Rte 1 AWD (2022)
Country flag
I received word this morning that my car arrived at El Mirage on Sunday and was offloaded Monday morning. The dealer says it typically takes 4-5 days for delivery once it arrives in El Mirage. So, it looks as though Ford's delivery estimate of Aug 1-7 is correct. Your car must be in the 2nd batch of railcars that left Holbrook.
Hey I got the same update! We must have the same person tracking for us :). Mine has to be delivered to Tucson, so it might take a little longer to get a truck filled up to come down here. I wouldn't be disappointed if it showed up at the end of this week though!
Sponsored

RonOinAZ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 DMG Premium 4X
Country flag
Hey I got the same update! We must have the same person tracking for us :). Mine has to be delivered to Tucson, so it might take a little longer to get a truck filled up to come down here. I wouldn't be disappointed if it showed up at the end of this week though!
Excellent news! I'm not sure how long dealer prep will take so I don't know yet if I should be planning for late this week or early next week. I'm having the dealer's vendor install Xpel ceramic tint on the windows so that will add a delay. In any case, the next week should be interesting for both of us!

jason330i

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium RWD
Country flag
Are you telling me we don’t have the new robust part. Mine was built on 5/27🤦🏽‍♀️
Maybe not.

Oh well, I am going to look on the bright side.

At the very least, us 5/25 to 5/28 builds got the new software since no recall.

And there is now a TSB for the HVBJB issue so every service dept ‘should’ have clear instructions on what to do.

TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Ford Flex. 2022 MME premium RWD ER o 1/26/22
Occupation
RN
Country flag
Maybe not.

And there is now a TSB for the HVBJB issue so every service dept ‘should’ have clear instructions on what to do.
Yeah, that’s something.😏

Reign of Ravens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E Premium, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
Seems like in Hawaii, maybe elsewhere too, the dealer gets a list some time at the end of the week indicating what's due in next week. My car wasn't on the list last week, so even though Ford's website still indicates a delivery some time this week, it's not going to happen. (Then again, they're so disorganized that I guess I wouldn't be surprised if they call me tomorrow and say it's here.) Still not sure if it's even on the boat crossing the ocean at this point - if it's sitting in a rail yard somewhere or just sitting at the dock, it could still be a month away.

There's going to be a price fight and they claim to not know anything about price protection. Not looking forward to it. And I have to say, while I am looking forward to the car, obtaining a Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid (which was intended as a back-up, but came first) has really taken some of the excitement out of it for me. Not comparable cars, I know (although I'll do a write-up on this forum because a surprising number of other parents are on here asking how the Mach-E is as a family vehicle), but they're at a similar price point and the Pacifica has some features that the Mach-E does not.

Ccarbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E CA Rte 1 AWD (2022)
Country flag
Excellent news! I'm not sure how long dealer prep will take so I don't know yet if I should be planning for late this week or early next week. I'm having the dealer's vendor install Xpel ceramic tint on the windows so that will add a delay. In any case, the next week should be interesting for both of us!
I just got word from the dealership that it'll arrive today. Anything for you?

RonOinAZ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 DMG Premium 4X
Country flag
I just got word from the dealership that it'll arrive today. Anything for you?
Oh good. That's not too long of a wait for it to get to Tucson. I just got back from looking at mine. It's still a little dirty from the train ride but it survived the trip. They'd already tinted the windows and next will need to detail it. I think I'll be picking it up tomorrow. They brought it around front and parked it next to a Lightning. Nice Lineup!
Ford Mustang Mach-E 05/23/22 Build Week Chat 1659655889302

Godawgs

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E4X Ordered
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
So my delivery date range is no longer showing on Ford’s website, anyone ever have that? My dealer, who is as adamant it was going to show up in the originally scheduled window says it’s due this week, but I chatted with ford and they say the date has been pushed back again to as late as the 8th. If that’s the day it shows up it’ll make almost a month that it’s been sitting at the rail yard less than 2 hours away.

Baron

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Nissan Armada, Nissan Pathfinder
Country flag
Seems like in Hawaii, maybe elsewhere too, the dealer gets a list some time at the end of the week indicating what's due in next week. My car wasn't on the list last week, so even though Ford's website still indicates a delivery some time this week, it's not going to happen. (Then again, they're so disorganized that I guess I wouldn't be surprised if they call me tomorrow and say it's here.) Still not sure if it's even on the boat crossing the ocean at this point - if it's sitting in a rail yard somewhere or just sitting at the dock, it could still be a month away.

There's going to be a price fight and they claim to not know anything about price protection. Not looking forward to it. And I have to say, while I am looking forward to the car, obtaining a Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid (which was intended as a back-up, but came first) has really taken some of the excitement out of it for me. Not comparable cars, I know (although I'll do a write-up on this forum because a surprising number of other parents are on here asking how the Mach-E is as a family vehicle), but they're at a similar price point and the Pacifica has some features that the Mach-E does not.
Here to spark some excitement. After owning a hybrid and owned an electric car for 5 years and now the mustang for two weeks. I would never buy a hybrid again let alone an ice car. The mach-e is so fast and fun to drive. Makes all other cars just seem outdated. Anyway, my two cents.

BayAreaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD SR - Ordered 10/3
Country flag
It's here and every bit as beautiful as I dreamed! Ice Blue Silver Metallic definitely lighter than I thought it would be, but in a good way. Predominantly silver, with a hint of blue.

Ford Options plan, 36 months with 2.7% interest and 44% residual.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 05/23/22 Build Week Chat IMG_8968

Ford Mustang Mach-E 05/23/22 Build Week Chat IMG_8967

Ford Mustang Mach-E 05/23/22 Build Week Chat IMG_8970

SinaiKD

First Name
Dwain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT
Country flag
My car arrived a week early. I got the call on a Tuesday but I couldn't pick it up until Saturday. I got there as soon as the dealership opened and it was parked and charging with a hang tag with my name on it! Despite worrying for several months that I was going to get screwed by the dealership, I got the car for the 2021 price (I ordered in Nov '21) and got a good rate on the Ford Options plan. No sneaky add on's. This is my first new car since 1993. I've always bought almost new used cars. But I wanted an EV and I wanted a small SUV and the Ford Options plan made it happen. It didn't hurt that my last car was a 2007 blue Mustang. Which I drove for 13 years. So far I love Blueberry! It's a little bouncier than I'm used to but maybe that's just the difference in driving an SUV vs. a coupe. But all else so far I love. Fingers crossed I don't have any issues. I've had a pretty shitty year so far, I just finished 6 rounds of chemo for a cancer recurrence that I thought I had beat. (I had a 10 yr remission). I got the No Evidence of Cancer news and Your Mach-E is here news the same week.

Looking GREAT!!!!

Rudedog

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD Ext Range (DMG)
Country flag
Maybe not.

Is there any way to know if our Mach E got the new HVBJB part? Mine was built on 5/25-26 which was right on the cusp, I think. It would be very reassuring to know that I didn't have to worry about the hardware failure despite the software update.

Reign of Ravens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E Premium, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
Nice to see so many deliveries occurring and overall smoothly... heard from my dealer today, mine isn't on the list for this coming week. Ford's website still says delivery from 8/1-8/7. I'm also not sure where it is. If it's currently on the boat then it could be here after this week. If it's still sitting at the dock then it could still be another 3-4 weeks. And if it's not even at the dock then it could still be 4+ weeks... as long as it's here within the next two months I'm fine.
Sponsored