Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Acuras (MDX, TL), 2022 Mach E GTPE
Occupation
Shepherd
Country flag
I seem to have made some progress. I just did Ford chat and they had a railcar # (CNA 712764) for me out of Muncie (Kansas City, Kansas). Last location was Ramp 6R (Richards-Gebaur). The train must be loading because it is still in Muncie as far as I can tell from the Union Pacific automated phone status system. Hopefully the rest of you are moving too!

I can't believe this didn't occur to me before but if we bail at this point (which I never seriously considering doing anyway), Ford gets a two-fer: (1) they charge the dealer the current post-price-increase price and (2) the dealer is happy because they can add $10K ADM. Hang in there!
Sponsored

ponEpwr

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTPE, F-150
Country flag
I seem to have made some progress. I just did Ford chat and they had a railcar # (CNA 712764) for me out of Muncie (Kansas City, Kansas). Last location was Ramp 6R (Richards-Gebaur). The train must be loading because it is still in Muncie as far as I can tell from the Union Pacific automated phone status system. Hopefully the rest of you are moving too!

I can't believe this didn't occur to me before but if we bail at this point (which I never seriously considering doing anyway), Ford gets a two-fer: (1) they charge the dealer the current post-price-increase price and (2) the dealer is happy because they can add $10K ADM. Hang in there!
Good deal.

And yes on your second subject, the dealer has little to no incentive to work with you. It's a tough position to be in but just be patient and don't be afraid to leave until they get the pricing protection sorted out.

I was close to letting the dealer know I would be running this issue up the ladder if they couldn't figure it out. Thankfully they did, because I'm not sure anyone higher up cares either lol.

jimitoast

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Shepherd
Country flag
Man. Crickets from this forum for a long time. I thought I would share some news:

Good news: my GTPE is at the San Antonio rail yard and should be at my dealer in the next few days. You would THINK that would ensure that I easily will have my car by July 4 weekend but...

Bad news: https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...e-battery-main-contactors-may-overheat.18681/

I am hearing July but not holding my breath. If they wait long enough, I lose a $2,500 incentive from the state of Texas (not through Ford). You just can't make this sh!t up...

First-world problems, I know but that somehow doesn't make me any less annoyed.

ycking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mach-E AWD Premium, 22' BMW X5 45e
Country flag
Man. Crickets from this forum for a long time. I thought I would share some news:

Good news: my GTPE is at the San Antonio rail yard and should be at my dealer in the next few days. You would THINK that would ensure that I easily will have my car by July 4 weekend but...

Bad news: https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...e-battery-main-contactors-may-overheat.18681/

I am hearing July but not holding my breath. If they wait long enough, I lose a $2,500 incentive from the state of Texas (not through Ford). You just can't make this sh!t up...

First-world problems, I know but that somehow doesn't make me any less annoyed.
[/QUOTE
First time buying a Ford here and maybe the last time. Worst experience so far. My car has not arrived yet but it may arrive 7/10 according to ETA but since there is recall no idea when we can actually take delivery. And then hopefully dealer experience goes well with all the price protection.

jimitoast

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Shepherd
Country flag
First time buying a Ford here and maybe the last time. Worst experience so far. My car has not arrived yet but it may arrive 7/10 according to ETA but since there is recall no idea when we can actually take delivery. And then hopefully dealer experience goes well with all the price protection.
Fingers cross for you. The dealer experience is always a wild-card. I am definitely concerned about that too.

jimitoast

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Shepherd
Country flag
and the roller-coaster ride continues:

Good news: https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/contactor-recall-fix-22s41-now-available-at-dealers.19137/

Bad news: i texted my salesman to make plans for purchase and the poor guy recently had a heart-attack. Yes, seriously. Makes my 1 year wait for a car seem pretty trivial.I am starting to feel like I am in some weird reality show. I left a voicemail and email for the Director of Sales but have no idea how this will go now as we had established some expectations about no add-ons and x-plan and now, who knows....

After a year (as of July 5) of trials and tribulations, I am starting to wonder if some higher power is teling me to run for the hills...

jimitoast

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Shepherd
Country flag
Picked up my car 7/1/22. Finally! Dealer experience was a pleasant surprise. Northside Ford in San Antonio. X-plan with price protection to follow ~45 days from now (they will cut me a check when Ford pays them - got that in writing). Very happy with the car so far though I haven't really pushed it yet. No major gripes at all. First GTPE that this dealdership has delivered and I haven't seen any other GT's at all in San Antonio (but I don't get out much LOL). I plan to install my Chargepoint Flex tomorrow. If anyone else is still waiting, I hope you get some satisfaction soon!

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Picked up my car 7/1/22. Finally! Dealer experience was a pleasant surprise. Northside Ford in San Antonio. X-plan with price protection to follow ~45 days from now (they will cut me a check when Ford pays them - got that in writing). Very happy with the car so far though I haven't really pushed it yet. No major gripes at all. First GTPE that this dealdership has delivered and I haven't seen any other GT's at all in San Antonio (but I don't get out much LOL). I plan to install my Chargepoint Flex tomorrow. If anyone else is still waiting, I hope you get some satisfaction soon!
Awesome!

ycking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Congrats!

Was your car part of the recall?
My arrive at the dealer but can’t take delivery until they can apply the recall fix.

jimitoast

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Shepherd
Country flag
Congrats!

Was your car part of the recall?
My arrive at the dealer but can’t take delivery until they can apply the recall fix.
Thanks! My car was part of the recall. I sent a text to my Salesman the day the recall was announced and then was corresponding via email with the Sales Director the day the recall fix was announced (Salesman was out of office after a heart attack!). They got the fix installed pretty quickly and we scheduled a time to sign the paperwork on Friday just after lunch. Everything was pretty smooth. It turned out that my Salesman's heart attack was very minor (though I am sure super scary) and he was there when I signed the paperwork. Nice people and very professional. Thank goodness for that. I was probably lucky that they don't sell many Mach-E's in San Antonio so they were able to install the fix quickly.

ycking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks! My car was part of the recall. I sent a text to my Salesman the day the recall was announced and then was corresponding via email with the Sales Director the day the recall fix was announced (Salesman was out of office after a heart attack!). They got the fix installed pretty quickly and we scheduled a time to sign the paperwork on Friday just after lunch. Everything was pretty smooth. It turned out that my Salesman's heart attack was very minor (though I am sure super scary) and he was there when I signed the paperwork. Nice people and very professional. Thank goodness for that. I was probably lucky that they don't sell many Mach-E's in San Antonio so they were able to install the fix quickly.
That’s good to hear and went to smoothly for you. My dealer currently indicating they still waiting for Ford to provide a fix. Not sure if there anything I can provide to speed it up.

jimitoast

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Shepherd
Country flag
That’s good to hear and went to smoothly for you. My dealer currently indicating they still waiting for Ford to provide a fix. Not sure if there anything I can provide to speed it up.
I sent the actual dealer memo to the Sales Director so that he had proof that the fix was available. You might try that. Just click the picture in the first post here: https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...oftware-22s41-now-available-at-dealers.19137/

and save it somewhere to attach to a text or email or click one of the links to download the file.

ycking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

ycking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was finally able to take delivery last week Wednesday after sending them over the recall memo. Few notes far as my experience from dealer (Nor cal dealer):

1) They did provide the $750 for 2021 to 2022 model change. I had print out of the email.
2) They did not provide the $2000 price protection at the time of the sale but said will write a check after ford provides them refund. Their explanation is that they are not sure how much refund is for your car, I told them it was $2000 because if you compare the original MSRP versus current MSRP that it is a difference of $2000. I had a print out how to apply price protection from these forums but they didn't want to look at that.
3) They did not provide incentives for options when I placed the order last year. Instead it was $2000 with 3.90% APR.
4) They did apply X-Plan

Last edited:

jimitoast

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Shepherd
Country flag
I was finally able to take delivery last week Wednesday after sending them over the recall memo. Few notes far as my experience from dealer (Nor cal dealer):

1) They did provide the $750 for 2021 to 2022 model change. I had print out of the email.
2) They did not provide the $2000 price protection at the time of the sale but said will write a check after ford provides them refund. Their explanation is that they are not sure how much refund is for your car, I told them it was $2000 because if you compare the original MSRP versus current MSRP that it is a difference of $2000. I had a print out how to apply price protection from these forums but they didn't want to look at that.
3) They did not provide incentives for options when I placed the order last year. Instead it was $2000 with 3.90% APR.
4) They did apply X-Plan
Happy for you! I am loving mine so far. Looks like we may both have taken delivery just in time. It sounds like the recall fix could be changing: https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ll-for-you-recall-of-the-recall.19486/page-10

Hopefully they are planning to replace the hardware vs a problem with the software fix that we received. Either way, we get to enjoy our vehicles while they sort it out. For now, I am choosing to believe that is a good thing.
Sponsored

Last edited: