1.7.1 Poll

Have you Received 1.7.1? And, is your car enrolled in any Early Access/Beta programs?

• 1.7.1 Received, Car is Enrolled in OTA Beta Only

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
My car (1st Edition) was 'scheduled' for build 12/7 but didn't actually finish building until 12/16 (IIRC). In any case, I don't have 1.7.1 yet either. I typically do not get the OTA's on release day ... but usually within a couple of weeks. So hopefully soon. I'm looking forward to having the Apple Maps turn cues showing up on the driver info display.

And ... maybe someday we'll get BlueCruise. Ford said it would come out in 3rd calendar quarter ... maybe they are using the Mayan Calendar.
Ford OTA folks think the world ended in 2012 I guess??

(this post violates the simple rules I set down for the thread comments so I will write myself a ticket or something)
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I checked. It says system is up to date with most recent being Ford Power-Up 1.6.0.
I am guessing I don't need the other ones?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
This forum has over 7,000 members, many frustrated with inadequate communication. That's not an insignificant percentage of total Mach-E owners. While I don't expect @Ford Motor Company to primarily communicate via a forum, how difficult would it be for them to communicate via a monthly newsletter and include pending updates?

I wonder if the hiring of Doug Field and other recent hires has impacted rollouts of OTAs, i.e. we want to see what you're doing?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
the number of people answering with "I'm in Early Access" as part of the answer is a good demonstration of how the forum visitors are not representative of the general owner population. that was not something I was expecting this poll to show, but it definitely does (at least so far with 122 responses, over 1/3 of which say they are in Early Access)...

I feel better about all of my statements about the forum not representing real life now, something I believed strongly in my gut anyway.

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I just got a confirmation my contact at Ford that the 1.7.1 rollout is currently targeted to cars that are in Early Access, or the OTA beta program. It has not gone full release yet.

They made it sound like they are doing waves of releases to cars in those programs, which explains why only a few people are getting it. My guess is they are making some minor tweaks to the process after each release and seeing how it goes.

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
I still don't understand wehy this is so important to some members. It's a car not a video game...

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I just got a confirmation my contact at Ford that the 1.7.1 rollout is currently targeted to cars that are in Early Access, or the OTA beta program. It has not gone full release yet.

They made it sound like they are doing waves of releases to cars in those programs, which explains why only a few people are getting it. My guess is they are making some minor tweaks to the process after each release and seeing how it goes.
This doesn't jive with this poll's current results, but ok. Interesting.

TOBG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mustang GT, 2021 Mach-E Premium RWD ER
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I got my car on 2/28. I have recived all of the updates and I am currently on 1.6.0. I received 1.6.0 at the end of July.

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
Because every time someone else drives my car, I have to reprogram the radio. The previous posted workarounds no longer work on my car.
And you think OTA 1.7.1 will address whatever radio issue you are suffering from? How do you know it will?
Sponsored