Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GTP, Audi Q7 TDI
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Longtime lurker. We just picked up our Mach E GTP from the dealer last week. On the second or third day, we received this 12v battery warning. It was parked in the driveway, but it hadn't been charged since we picked it up from the dealer. The car started fine and I drove it for a while, hoping to charge the 12v in case it was actually drained for some reason. The car was fine over the weekend. After Level 1 charging overnight and unplugging the car, I received the warning again this morning. I'm hoping it's nothing, but this is the second time since we picked up the car last Wednesday. I'm taking the car in to the dealer later this week to swap out the summer tires, so they said they would take a look at the battery.
Sponsored

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Metallic RWD, standard range
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Mine needed to be charged manually. I'm thinking they are getting installed with less than a full charge and draining some on the trip from Mexico....
12v issues happened early on, because some of the first shipments set awaiting transport and then had some type of recall that had to be done.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
12v issues happened early on, because some of the first shipments set awaiting transport and then had some type of recall that had to be done.
Mine went right from build to ship to delivery within less than a month and SoC was still estimated to be around 60% only

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
12 volt batteries can be bad from the mfg.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Metallic RWD, standard range
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Mine went right from build to ship to delivery within less than a month and SoC was still estimated to be around 60% only
I guess I should've clarified. the reason so many 12v issues came inthe first months was because of a software fault allowing the 12v battery to discharge. That was something they updated so wouldn't be likely to be the cause of issues in later cars.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
If you get this message (and the car wasn't at the detailer), I recommend that you charge the 12V battery yourself to restore its health. I just wrote a guide here: https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/how-to-recondition-service-your-12v-battery.11069/

If you get the message again after charging, then your car probably needs software updates or dealer service.
Yes, I recently got the "Stop Safely Now" message when trying to start my vehicle, and it wouldn't start, once again. The first time, I was able to charge the 12V enough to drive to the dealer. They applied two related module updates. The 2nd time, I had to get it towed and I then also received a 12V battery error. The dealer called me today and they are replacing the 12V battery in the next couple of days when they get one. I assume the battery just went dead from not charging for so long. I had put it on the charger this time around and it showed as 100% charged. :-\

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here's how they hooked up to tow me:

He put the padded straps in to the bottom control arms.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 12 volt battery fault notification IMG_20211102_121704

Ford Mustang Mach-E 12 volt battery fault notification IMG_20211102_121706

Ford Mustang Mach-E 12 volt battery fault notification IMG_20211102_121416

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
My GT is currently in the shop getting its PPF and Ceramic coat done. Dropped it off last night and they started on it at 8am today. I just got a 12v battery fault notification in FordPass.

I wonder if they are leaving the door open or something with the light on and maybe that notice triggers now anytime the power saver kicks in and shuts stuff off?

I've checked my 12v voltage pretty often with forscan and it seems like its been pretty well charged up.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
If you get this message (and the car wasn't at the detailer), I recommend that you charge the 12V battery yourself to restore its health.
I just had this message pop up again this morning (for the second time). I'm guessing it's being triggered by a voltage drop due to the cold weather that hit us this week. I was planning to add some access holes in the panel for the 12V battery this weekend anyway, so I'll put it on a charger for a few days and see what happens.

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just contacted my dealer service department since they still have my Mach-E (since Wednesday). It needs a 12V battery...and they are trying to track one down, telling me they're currently 2-3 MONTHS out!! :eek:???

OP
OP
Cjpayne

Cjpayne

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Ford Mach E GT. 69 Mustang Convertible, 15 MKX
Occupation
General Manager in manufacturing
Country flag
I just contacted my dealer service department since they still have my Mach-E (since Wednesday). It needs a 12V battery...and they are trying to track one down, telling me they're currently 2-3 MONTHS out!! :eek:???
Yikes! Hope you get better news soon.

MachEGTPilot

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F350 DRW, 2020 Escape Hybrid, 2021 MachE GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Same thing here, Just had the car detailed and ceramic coated. Got about 50 alerts that a door or the hood or the frunk had been opened. I bet they are draining the 12V opening and closing the doors so many times while it is being detailed.

Planning on charging it before we pick it up tomorrow...

Bob W

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E (ordered)
Occupation
Comms Manager
Country flag
I've been awaiting delivery of my Mach E ordered in May, and was just alerted that it has arrived at the dealer in Longmont, CO, but the 12 V battery is showing a fault and they are trying to find a replacement, and was warned it may take weeks. Meanwhile they have the car and promised to keep it out of the elements. Looks like this may be a software problem? I'm seeing others on this thread who also are unable to get a replacement 12 V battery. I know supply chain issues are plaguing everyone right now, but it boggles the mind that my delivery is being held by a 12 V battery. Anyone know a source that I can explore to help the dealer resolve this issue faster?

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I've been awaiting delivery of my Mach E ordered in May, and was just alerted that it has arrived at the dealer in Longmont, CO, but the 12 V battery is showing a fault and they are trying to find a replacement, and was warned it may take weeks. Meanwhile they have the car and promised to keep it out of the elements. Looks like this may be a software problem? I'm seeing others on this thread who also are unable to get a replacement 12 V battery. I know supply chain issues are plaguing everyone right now, but it boggles the mind that my delivery is being held by a 12 V battery. Anyone know a source that I can explore to help the dealer resolve this issue faster?
Ask them if they tried charging the 12V with a 12V battery charger. Sometimes charging them for a day or two straight will mostly fix it so you could take delivery and replace the battery later if it’s still an issue. See link in my previous post.

If the battery has a bad cell and won’t take a charge at all, then you’ll have to wait.

Ask them to make sure the main battery is showing above 25% charge, if not then they need to plug it in and charge that too. 12V battery isn’t maintained below about 15% SoC.
Sponsored