12v power outlet use cases?

MachEZRt1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME CRT1 AWD (Ordered), 21 MME SR Select
Country flag
Maybe a rear facing rechargeable 12v dash cam for the rear? That way it will record any motion from the back of the vehicle even if the car is on or off if it has motion / sound detection ?
Sponsored

SpringsMarty

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I too would love to know how to keep the cargo outlet hot all of the time. Back in the day, all Fords did this.

unhandled

First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Are there any gotchas concern about using the 12V outlets. I.e. Knowing the issue about LVB getting discharged.
I have an Ecoflow Power Station and Iā€™m wondering if charging it with the car would be a viable.

Finkerton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME FE
Country flag
Are there any gotchas concern about using the 12V outlets. I.e. Knowing the issue about LVB getting discharged.
I have an Ecoflow Power Station and Iā€™m wondering if charging it with the car would be a viable.
What issue are you talking about? You should be able to use them until you drain the HVB if you like.

unhandled

First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There was initially the LVB issue where the HVB was not maintaining the LVB correctly which was sorted out via a software update. I also saw people here being somewhat concerned with things polling the car that could drain the LVB and in a similar line of thought ODB2 adapters that could drain the LVB as well.

My current impression was the HVB should maintain the LVB but Iā€™d like to validate if there are any gotchas.

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
I plug an inverter into the 12v outlet, then plug the Ford charger into the inverter, and charge my car with that. Works a treat.

/this just in, reports are flying of odd spinning sounds from a cemetery in Bonn and from Westminster Abby
//Rudolph Clausius and Lord Kelvin, rip
///thermodynamics is for punks

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
So from what I am reading, it seems as if the USB-C port charges at the same rate as the USB-A port? Poo. ?
I get a fast charging notification on my Z Flip using the USB-C port, fwiw

unhandled

First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I plug an inverter into the 12v outlet, then plug the Ford charger into the inverter, and charge my car with that. Works a treat.

/this just in, reports are flying of odd spinning sounds from a cemetery in Bonn and from Westminster Abby
//Rudolph Clausius and Lord Kelvin, rip
///thermodynamics is for punks
Infinite power! āš” šŸ˜‚

Finkerton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME FE
Country flag
There was initially the LVB issue where the HVB was not maintaining the LVB correctly which was sorted out via a software update. I also saw people here being somewhat concerned with things polling the car that could drain the LVB and in a similar line of thought ODB2 adapters that could drain the LVB as well.

My current impression was the HVB should maintain the LVB but Iā€™d like to validate if there are any gotchas.
I was one of the people hit with that HVB bug. That was over a year ago :)

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I'm not sure - personally I don't own anything that I can plug into either of them, let alone both.

I have to say, I spent yesterday evening digging around the car looking for the 120V outlet I'm used to Fords having, and I'm really disappointed it isn't here. I guess I just assumed the Mach-E would have one. One of my biggest disappointments with the car so far.
its fairly easy and inexpensive to add a 12vdc->120vAC inverter pulling direct from 12v 'connection points'. best to limit to 1500 watts.

210623 testing w frunk teapot.jpg

SilverEmerald

First Name
SilverE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford Focus Electric
Country flag
I charge a Dometic battery off the rear outlet. The battery runs my Dometic cooler in the trunk....that is until Ford gives us cooling for groceries in the front trunk:)

emersonsdad

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME CA R1
Country flag
I will run my GMG Crockett pellet grill off the 12V in the trunk for tailgating.

Finkerton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME FE
Country flag
I will run my GMG Crockett pellet grill off the 12V in the trunk for tailgating.
Keep in mind both 12V outlets are 20A. That means 2A at 120V, or 240W, each. You can do quite a lot with that! And thereā€™s always the direct terminal optionā€¦

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
I use it for the radar detector (Valentine-1 + separate display console) and in-the-mirror dash camera, all thru the power extender.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 12v power outlet use cases? power

Ford Mustang Mach-E 12v power outlet use cases? Power extender

Last edited:

shadowsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD + Ext Range
Country flag
One small disappointment for me is the lack of high-speed USB for charging the phone. I think all of the USB (and wireless) charging is slow. Somewhere I have a USB adapter that plugs into the 12V socket, which should be faster. Obviously not as elegant as the Qi charger, but a good tradeoff if needed.
I have a galaxy s22+ and I charge it using a 45W USB/ cigarette lighter charger that I got from Amazon. When I plug it in the phone tells me it's "super fast charging "
Sponsored