Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I really wish I had not read that. I can't unsee the elephants now. :(
I thought this was only in the manual. I even checked my pictures:
Ford Mustang Mach-E 2021 Mach-E User Owners Manual Now Available! IMG_6199

I don't see any elephants.

Then I was reading about the Mach E made entirely by women
Ford Mustang Mach-E 2021 Mach-E User Owners Manual Now Available! GAZ_161ff75259ee47498a3e6b1b59369b53

Oh. Those elephants.

darren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback, Mach-E
Country flag
The Manual states that we "need to" break in. What does it means? Don't do the 4.8 sec splint before the 300 miles?

Also, normally for the disc brake, we have a 200 miles break in period where we are supposed to go easy on the brake. Maybe the regen make this unnecessary.

Anyone going to floor it the moment you leave the dealer lot? ?

BREAKING-IN
You need to break in new tires for approximately 300 mi (480 km). During this time, your vehicle may exhibit some unusual driving characteristics.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
The Manual states that we "need to" break in. What does it means? Don't do the 4.8 sec splint before the 300 miles?

Also, normally for the disc brake, we have a 200 miles break in period where we are supposed to go easy on the brake. Maybe the regen make this unnecessary.

BREAKING-IN
You need to break in new tires for approximately 300 mi (480 km). During this time, your vehicle may exhibit some unusual driving characteristics.
I think they mean until you get 300 miles on it, your vehicle will always want to be in unbridled mode. ;)

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag

BREAKING-IN
When I got the Bolt, it drove a little squirrely for a while (especially on grooved pavement)--it is possible this is what they are talking about.

Perhaps its something with the hard rubber compound of the LRR tires that needs to wear down after a few hundred miles.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

BREAKING-IN
Fortunately this is just for the rubber and hard accelerations right away won’t harm the mechanics. The unusual driving characteristics just increase the chance of jumping a curb as you fly out of your first Cars & Coffee.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Fortunately this is just for the rubber and hard accelerations right away won’t harm the mechanics. The unusual driving characteristics just increase the chance of jumping a curb as you fly out of your first Cars & Coffee.
giphy.gif

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I was thinking of this

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Anyone know how to get the US and Canadian URLs for the online owner's manual?

@makooy found the European manual in various languages. I tried modifying it for US English but it is still the European specifications. (It shows Traffic Sign Recognition instead of Speed Sign Recognition, and has other features we don't have here such as Wrong Way Alert.)

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...id=7437&languageCode=EN&countryCode=USA&div=f

The FordPass app is showing me the US English web manual, but I don't know how to see the URL that it is accessing this from. I'd like to be able to access it from my PC, too.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Anyone know how to get the US and Canadian URLs for the online owner's manual?

@makooy found the European manual in various languages. I tried modifying it for US English but it is still the European specifications. (It shows Traffic Sign Recognition instead of Speed Sign Recognition, and has other features we don't have here such as Wrong Way Alert.)

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...id=7437&languageCode=EN&countryCode=USA&div=f

The FordPass app is showing me the US English web manual, but I don't know how to see the URL that it is accessing this from. I'd like to be able to access it from my PC, too.
I assume you mean rather than using the files in the first post?
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/2021-mach-e-user-manual-now-available.2052/

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag