MNAce

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
It’s fun to dream and chat about the GT version. More down to Earth - for me ... anyone else disappointed the Select edition doesn’t offer the longer range battery option? Stepping up to the Route 1 version is a hefty $
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
It’s fun to dream and chat about the GT version. More down to Earth - for me ... anyone else disappointed the Select edition doesn’t offer the longer range battery option? Stepping up to the Route 1 version is a hefty $
At first, yes. However, after thinking about it it isn't so bad - the difference in price is $8000 and the ER markup on other trims is $5000. For that $3000 you get the panoramic roof, copilot parking, memory seats, etc.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
It seems like forever to wait till whenever 2021 for the GT.
Especially if the Model Y really starts deliveries in just weeks or even just a couple of months. Ford will be a full year behind with a similar spec product and, by 2021, we should know more about whether the Rivian truly will be priced lower than originally announced (as has been hinted at).

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Actually I called Tesla locally and they told me any new Y orders were likley to be pushed end of year at best and even a copy just to to see in the showroom was unlikely before May-June. And Polestar 2 is nowhere to be found. We might as well go into deep sleep and wake up mid 21 and see what may finally become available, if then.. Still I think the GT wait seems to be the most rewarding so far. maybe the lower model kinks will be somewhat worked out by the time the GT rolls off the line.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
how do you unsubscribe form all thread notices by default? I unchecked all those in preferences but still get email notifications on every post. so annoying...

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
how do you unsubscribe form all thread notices by default? I unchecked all those in preferences but still get email notifications on every post. so annoying...
To unsubscribe for the ones you are already subscribed to, go to forums->watched->managed watched threads->disable email notifications. Unfortunately you still need to overtly uncheck the "and receive email notifications" when you post responses in the future.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
To unsubscribe for the ones you are already subscribed to, go to forums->watched->managed watched threads->disable email notifications. Unfortunately you still need to overtly uncheck the "and receive email notifications" when you post responses in the future.
Didn't work. Still get emails. Everything is unchecked

RidetheLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1968 Mustang, 2007 Mustang GT
Country flag
At first, yes. However, after thinking about it it isn't so bad - the difference in price is $8000 and the ER markup on other trims is $5000. For that $3000 you get the panoramic roof, copilot parking, memory seats, etc.
Yup! I don't plan to do cross country driving and I live in a drive climate, so the extended range battery and AWD "costs" will be rolled in to options for mine. I'm mostly interested in the 360 camera.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I periodically check the tech specs link near the bottom of this page to see if Ford's changed anything. They've recently posted an update that removes the expected availability dates.

First version, 20191119

Revision 1, 20191220: added Top Speed

Revision 2, 20200430: removed Availability, removed Top Speed

Removing top speed in the latest version was probably done in error... as in, I'm guessing the editor started from the 11/19 version instead of the 12/20 one. But removal of Availability is obviously intentional. Ford will need to see how things go as they and their suppliers begin to repopulate facilities.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I periodically check the tech specs link near the bottom of this page to see if Ford's changed anything. They've recently posted an update that removes the expected availability dates.

First version, 20191119

Revision 1, 20191220: added Top Speed

Revision 2, 20200430: removed Availability, removed Top Speed

Removing top speed in the latest version was probably done in error... as in, I'm guessing the editor started from the 11/19 version instead of the 12/20 one. But removal of Availability is obviously intentional. Ford will need to see how things go as they and their suppliers begin to repopulate facilities.
And, as someone pointed out already, there is the question of whether they are revising the date for those who have already reserved or for new reservations that are farther down the queue. We shall see once more definitive information arrives.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I'm starting to wonder if the GT will be sold as a 2022 model if its release date slips from spring to summer 2021.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I just noticed something that has me a bit concerned. I understood that the First Edition had all of the Premium features, plus a few additions (based on the FE configuration page that can no longer be accessed).

However, I just noticed the Tech Specs (current version) does not list the B&O Sound System by Bang & Olufsen with 10-Speakers in the package of Interior Features. That sound system is only listed for the Premium. Is this an error in the Tech Specs page?

I do see it listed in specs from alternate information sources such as evspecifications:
https://www.evspecifications.com/en/model/3047e6

Anyone have a definitive answer (maybe @hybrid2bev)?