2022 cyber orange stolen from my driveway (FOUND) [⚠️ ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
Ouch ... so sorry. Can your phone tell you where it is (the "Vehicle" category along the bottom will give you an address if they haven't reset the car and kicked your phone out.)

OP
OP
NachoCheez

NachoCheez

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium, 21 Tesla Y
Occupation
Sports Medicine
Country flag
Ouch ... so sorry. Can your phone tell you where it is (the "Vehicle" category along the bottom will give you an address if they haven't reset the car and kicked your phone out.)
They locked me out before I noticed the car was gone.

jay1122

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E select AWD
Country flag
you should file a report with police in case it gets involved in criminal activities. Then file a claim with insurance and get the $$. Then move on with life. Very rarely do someone gets stolen car back in good condition. It is probably by a professional thief ring.

OP
OP
NachoCheez

NachoCheez

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sports Medicine
Country flag
you should file a report with police in case it gets involved in criminal activities. Then file a claim with insurance and get the $$. Then move on with life. One rarely gets stolen car back in good condition.
Already did those. Hoping someone will notice, there's not many cybers out there.

DugthePug Dad

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Fxxxxxg thieves.

What city?

stealthytolkien

First Name
Pinak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
That would have been smart for me to mentioned that.

OAKLAND, CA
You didn’t have to because it has gotten that level of bad there unfortunately that most of us guessed it right away. We keep hearing this city’s name in the news, what, weekly?

OP
OP
NachoCheez

NachoCheez

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sports Medicine
Country flag
You didn’t have to because it has gotten that level of bad there unfortunately that most of us guessed it right away. We keep hearing in the news, what, weekly?
Our other car got it's window smashed last weekend. I thought it was weird they didn't try to break the MME window too, but I think it's because they knew they'd come back. This is my last Oakland straw. I'm done here

randomvoice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
Our other car got it's window smashed last weekend. I thought it was weird they didn't try to break the MME window too, but I think it's because they knew they'd come back. This is my last Oakland straw. I'm done here
You need to get that insurance money and move bruh. I wouldn't risk getting any new car again if criminals were so balsy that they pulled this shit twice already.

DugthePug Dad

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Come over the hill to the Tri Valley if you can. It’s nice and relatively safe out here.

How would it even be possible to do this without a key? Were they able to clone your key or something?

This makes me angry…

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
Do you use Paak or the fob? I’m assuming they just use a relay device with a nearby fob but would be interesting to know if they might have gotten it with paak.
On the plus side, at least you didn’t get robbed on the way to work. That seems to be the new thing in Oakland.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Come over the hill to the Tri Valley if you can. It’s nice and relatively safe out here.

How would it even be possible to do this without a key? Were they able to clone your key or something?

This makes me angry…
I was wondering the same… how were they able to steal and if they clocked the OPs phone out they are familiar with MachEs systems

OP
OP
NachoCheez

NachoCheez

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sports Medicine
Country flag
Do you use Paak or the fob? I’m assuming they just use a relay device with a nearby fob but would be interesting to know if they might have gotten it with paak.
On the plus side, at least you didn’t get robbed on the way to work. That seems to be the new thing in Oakland.
Both. I think the key was close enough to the car. Then they master reset it and took off. Why doesn't Ford use 2FA?

stealthytolkien

First Name
Pinak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
What the hell happened to the Bay Area?
Sponsored