2022 Mach-E changes?

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I know some insiders at Ford, and they have provided some pretty specific info on changes to the 2022 model:
  1. Some refinements
  2. Bug fixes
  3. Minor changes here and there
I think it's pretty exciting...I might end up waiting for the 2022 model...
But by then you will only be several months away from a 2023 model ?
Sponsored

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
I know some insiders at Ford, and they have provided some pretty specific info on changes to the 2022 model:
  1. Some refinements
  2. Bug fixes
  3. Minor changes here and there
I think it's pretty exciting...I might end up waiting for the 2022 model...
Very minor changes. 99% likely rolled out to the 2021.

americanflannel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
I do not write menu descriptions for a living
Country flag
I would think about trading in the future for ventilated seats (Active cooling) and a heat pump. Living in VA we get cold enough and hot enough that those things would help my grumbling in half the year (with the exception of the one week of spring and fall we get)

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
One thing Ford should do is make the Pano Roof an option on all trims. A pano roof without a sunshield in Florida does not bode well. The sunshine alone will make the cabin HOT regardless of the coatings applied and excessive use of HVAC . . IMHO.
Florida suns been no problem over the last month of ownership. It's completely different reflectivity than Our F150s Panoramic full glass sunroof.

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
Any rumors of changes coming for 2022 MY?
I would love to see a Electric GT coupe. Another winner for me would be whoever develops an electric two seater the size of the Mazda that is an convertible. Not sure how they could put a big enough battery in a car that size to give it any decent range.

burtonhen

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SW Mach-e Select AWD
Country flag
Serious guess:
-No real changes for 2022 models except fixing build defects like the pano roof.
-New colors
-Maybe a faster tablet screen since that's a drop-in option
I’d hope given how long a lead time there is on deliveries currently that they could handle fixing some build defects before the model year change. But maybe that’s just me hoping mine will have a passable roof...

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I took a 3 year loan so I’m not sure there’s much that would get me to trade on a 22. A 23 might be a different story, especially if important functional improvements like ventilated seats with tilt, a heat pump, and maybe faster charging/better mileage in cold weather were available.

duneii

First Name
Siri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chrysler Pacifica Plug-in '18, Mach E LR AWD-order
Country flag
My bet for MY 2022 is Ford listens to customers and makes dual key fobs standard across the product range... And thus pleasing 100% of MY 2022 MME owners. ?

.... And annoying 50% of MY 2021 owners. ?

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Any rumors of changes coming for 2022 MY?
Yes. People will find new reasons to complain that a mid-price car is not perfect. Then people will complain that this is not a mid-price car. Then, the people who complain that the car is not perfect will be offended when someone who has a Tesla says they like their Tesla a little bit better than they like the Mach-E. Then people who buy the 2022 will complain that the price is higher than the 2021. Then people who bought the 2021 will complain that the price for the 2022 did not increase enough. In short, this forum will continue to evolve from where it started (the Mach-E is perfect and better than the Model Y on every dimension) to more complaints about every issue that any single Mach-E owner has experienced as though they experienced it themselves whether or not they actually own a Mach-E or not to the next point where the majority of Mach-E owners conclude the car is great but not perfect, that the Model Y is better than the Mach-E for some people and that the Mach-E is better than the Model Y for some people. And, the ultimate maturity for the forum might be the point where the majority of participants love the Mach-E, recognize it will improve over time, and are happy they chose to buy one at the point in time they chose for their purchase but understand there will probably be a car they will like better sometime in the next few years. I bought my Mach-E in February. I love it. It is not perfect. I did not expect it to be. I expect Mach-E design and execution to improve over time. I expect other EVs to become better than the current Mach-E over time and hope the Mach-E will bounce back to again become a leader. In short, I hope for ongoing EV improvement. As I said elsewhere, I enjoyed my Nissan Leaf, loved my Bolt, and very much appreciate how much better my Mach-E is than my Bolt was. I also look forward to my next EV. Will it be a Mach-E? It depends on Ford's decisions and my preferences. Enjoy the ride!

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
One thing Ford should do is make the Pano Roof an option on all trims. A pano roof without a sunshield in Florida does not bode well. The sunshine alone will make the cabin HOT regardless of the coatings applied and excessive use of HVAC . . IMHO.
Do you have a Mach-E and have you experienced excessive heat due to the pano roof? If so, you have made a good case for an integrated cover.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Special 2nd Edition available for an additional $5500. Available only in Pantone 448C and two additional grays: Arsenic and Xanadu.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 2022 Mach-E changes? 1617844801191

"the FordPass developers should take Arsenic" - some of the people on here, probably.

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag
While we are voting/requesting
1)Real Exterior colors (not shades of black and white)
2) Grey interior available on all models
3) Better camera views available. expecially the view from side mirrors to be shown on screen on demand My '14 Honda Accord Hybrid has a great side view camera. Its really good at night better than looking at the mirror
4)2 FOBs
5) Panorma roof option only. (for the last 20 years I have had sunroofs/moonroofs NEVER opened)

Awmustang

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Ecoboost Performance Pack, Ordered 24 i4 xDrive
Country flag
My wishlist for changes (probably MY2023 or later realistically):
  • Wider tires on Non-GT trim, perhaps in combination with Magneride, call it a handling package
  • Cooled seats
  • Power steering column w/ memory (I'd take this instead of the power fold mirrors)
  • Heated rear seats
  • Much better instrumentation - battery temp, current charging rate while charging, how much time left in current charge to make next charger/destination -- I mean in my current Mustang I can see the exact inlet temperature, cylinder head temperature and more. I think Mustang owners are the type to geek out over that information so give me a screen where I can see it all.
Sponsored