• Lane change for BC
  • add sentry mode for cameras
  • Electric only Ford Pass app
  • terrain sensitive range "bubble" on nav screen

Hardware Changes
  • lose some weight
  • LFP battery
  • Add heat pump
  • 245 width tires (225 is optically too narrow)
  • Change suspension dampening (offer magnaride on all models)
  • Add recovery tow points front and back
  • Add receiver hitch and tow rating
  • Add 2 inches to rear wiper
  • More powerful subwoofer
Lose weight and LFP are mutually exclusive. LFP may be easier to manage, but they perform worse, which is why Tesla only uses them for their standard range model.

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Work on reducing the chip count. Some functions could be off- loaded to inactive cycle chip functions.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I think your time frame for start of 2023 models is too optimistic. I think there are a lot of orders left to be built. I don't see 2023 models being built until January.
Not really, as most manufacturers begin production in November or December of the year prior to the model year so that they can deliver mid-January. Since the order banks for 2022 models are closed, Ford has plenty of time to schedule out 2022 model year production and prepare for 2023 production in December. 🤷‍♂️🐩

Reactions: ARK

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Since it’s speculation…. I think they’ll make Grabber Purple a color. Bring back the brighter, more fun colors.
I definitely was not a fan of the palette when I bought my car. Grabber Blue is still tooo pastel for me and the “whites” aren’t. I’m still in favor of a deep sapphire blue metallic and a pure white. Some sort of green and a bright yellow would also be cool color additions. Too many shades of gray currently. 🤷‍♂️🤪🐩

Last edited:

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
,I think it is much more likely that Ford continues to engineer ways to reduce parts and weight…. strictly under the hood stuff.
Don’t you dare make my frunk smaller.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Some sort of green and a bright yellow would also be cool color additions. 🤷‍♂️🤪🐩
I’m going to call this another vote for Groovy Green and Grabber Lime
Ford Mustang Mach-E 2023 Mustang Mach-E speculation 56411585-6C6C-41C4-AA3A-259F23DE54F8

PL281

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select (Build week 9/26/22)
Country flag
I got in right before the order bank closed - I chatted with Ford this Morning and they confirmed the order is in the system.

My question is for those that ordered 21s and got filpped into 22s when did that happen in otherwords is it possible that given that my order was right at the end that they will run out of 22 production slots and flip it into a 23.

The next model year is usually (at least in the past) at the dealerships before the end of the current calendar year

J-orange

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Mustang GT vert, 2022 MME Premium eAWD ER
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Not really, as most manufacturers begin production in November or December of the year prior to the model year so that they can deliver mid-January. Since the order banks for 2022 models are closed, Ford has plenty of time to schedule out 2022 model year production and prepare for 2023 production in December. 🤷‍♂️🐩
Knowing that its a parts shortage not a sheer number of throughput issue. The lines could be idling waiting for parts to make MY 2022. Job 1 for 2023 might require tool changes and training. It's a crapshoot at this point.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Knowing that its a parts shortage not a sheer number of throughput issue. The lines could be idling waiting for parts to make MY 2022. Job 1 for 2023 might require tool changes and training. It's a crapshoot at this point.
If there is a parts shortage, Ford won’t divert from that kind of schedule. They already proved they won’t. MY 2021 cars were partially built and put on production hold. MY 2022 cars went int production, and a number of 2022s were delivered before the on hold 2021s were completed. 🤷‍♂️🐩

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Lose weight and LFP are mutually exclusive. LFP may be easier to manage, but they perform worse, which is why Tesla only uses them for their standard range model.
The power density per KG is a problem for LFP but is closing. CATL, BYD and other Chinese makers claim to be nearing ternary parity so I'm hopeful the weight penalty is negligible by 23. I hope this isn't one of those things that's perpetually 5 years away.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I got in right before the order bank closed - I chatted with Ford this Morning and they confirmed the order is in the system.

My question is for those that ordered 21s and got filpped into 22s when did that happen in otherwords is it possible that given that my order was right at the end that they will run out of 22 production slots and flip it into a 23.

The next model year is usually (at least in the past) at the dealerships before the end of the current calendar year
2021s were converted to 2022s in late September, with orders confirmed in early October.

HOWEVER, keep in mind that some of those orders were placed much earlier in 2021. Mine was placed on 5/29, then converted to a 2022, and still has not been delivered.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
2021s were converted to 2022s in late September, with orders confirmed in early October.

HOWEVER, keep in mind that some of those orders were placed much earlier in 2021. Mine was placed on 5/29, then converted to a 2022, and still has not been delivered.
The last paragraph boggles my mind. Seeing peeps who ordered a 2022 in December get theirs and Rick is still waiting. WTH Ford? 🤬🐩