Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Taurus
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
Amazing how 2 years later, people still claim it's removed, when it isn't.
Only the windshield is removed, from a separate recall, and I was told it is a 50% chance they will break. At least they used that excuse when they’ve broken mine. 😬
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Only the windshield is removed, from a separate recall, and I was told it is a 50% chance they will break. At least they used that excuse when they’ve broken mine. 😬
Yes, only the windshield is removed, not the roof, yet people keep writing "have the roof done as part of the recall"...

No, it's nowhere near 50% breakage, more like 3%.

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT - Grabber Blue
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
Yes , i believe so, my concern is the impact to my premium if I do make a claim for something that seems "small". I have progressive.
Comprehensive claims don’t raise your rate. There is nothing you did wrong.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Comprehensive claims don’t raise your rate. There is nothing you did wrong.
Well...

I used to believe this. But, my insurance company has a 'no claims' discount. If you make ANY claim, you lose the discount for 3 years. It's like 3% as I recall, so I still make claims that meet my deductible, or in the case of glass where I have no deductible.

Also, if you make more than 3 claims in 3 years, per policy, they can choose to drop you.

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
Well...

I used to believe this. But, my insurance company has a 'no claims' discount. If you make ANY claim, you lose the discount for 3 years. It's like 3% as I recall, so I still make claims that meet my deductible, or in the case of glass where I have no deductible.

Also, if you make more than 3 claims in 3 years, per policy, they can choose to drop you.
I believe this differs by state and policy, but I don't know of a way to know in advance.

If your premium goes up by say $35/month for 3 years, was it better to make that $900 glass claim or pay it out of pocket?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I believe this differs by state and policy, but I don't know of a way to know in advance.

If your premium goes up by say $35/month for 3 years, was it better to make that $900 glass claim or pay it out of pocket?
I'm sure it differs, and by company.

$35 a month would be a lot more than 3%...

I claimed a tablet and a phone. My homeowners went up $60 a year for 3 years, i.e. $180. I received like $900. Easy decision.

Just had a roof damaged by hail. New roof, $31,000. Done.

New windshield for car, then truck (pre-EVs). Like $1,200 total.

Easy math.

OP
OP

Jweggy

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME PE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Thanks for all the feedback.

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
A lot of insurance companies have special add-ons for full glass coverage that doesn't rely on the deductible. I'm on ford insure with nationwide. I went full on deluxe coverage and changed to a $750 vanishing deductible that covered all but $3/mo between 2 vehicles. My deductible is currently at $550 on its way down to $250.

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT - Grabber Blue
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
Well...

Fancy shmancy insurance. I don’t get those kinda discounts. Especially with two teenage drivers. 😂

Cadastral208

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE
Country flag
Just had my roof and front grille plate replaced from rock damage from 18-wheeler.

-Roof $1397 and Antenna $90 not including paint. I was told the antenna’s are basically a one time use and the antenna wobbles if not replaced with new.

-$900 roof install which requires dropping the headliner

The front grille is crazy expensive tho!!
-Front grille GTPE $1970 part only. More than the roof glass!!

I would use insurance. That’s what you pay them for.
Good luck.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
I've never understood this mindset, but then again I don't use the cheap insurance companies like Progressive.

You buy insurance to cover losses. Thousands of dollars for a new roof is a loss.
It depends on how much they raise your premium. Let's say your deductible is $1000. And the roof cost $2000 to replace. So essentially the Insurance is paying 1k. But if they turn around and raise your premium by $500 a year. Then in 2 years you'll be even. And be negative after 2 years. It may not be worth the hassle or cost or making a "small" claim.

I have insurance mainly for big claims, catastrophic loss, or injury.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
It depends on how much they raise your premium. Let's say your deductible is $1000. And the roof cost $2000 to replace. So essentially the Insurance is paying 1k. But if they turn around and raise your premium by $500 a year. Then in 2 years you'll be even. And be negative after 2 years. It may not be worth the hassle or cost or making a "small" claim.

I have insurance mainly for big claims, catastrophic loss, or injury.
This is the kind of misinformation that has scared people out of making insurance claims.

Unless it’s the “last straw” and you have a horrible driving record, no insurance company is going to raise you $500/yr for a $1000 one time claim. It’s unlikely to change at all.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
This is the kind of misinformation that has scared people out of making insurance claims.

Unless it’s the “last straw” and you have a horrible driving record, no insurance company is going to raise you $500/yr for a $1000 one time claim. It’s unlikely to change at all.
Depends on where you're located and what kind of record you have. Also, I like to shop around every year to see if I can get a lower rate. And if there are claims on my record, then quotes are always higher. The house always wins. At a certain point, it's not worth claiming. Where that point is depends on the person and their records.

RagingDork

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT Dark Matter Grey
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’m in the Bay Area California. My body shop that I normally use quoted me 3500. My insurance covers it but I just wanted to know.

Jack Roberts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT
Country flag
Has anyone had to replace the glass roof ? My 21 MME GTPE roof cracked !
1f61e.png
. I am in northeast Massachusetts, so if anyone in the area has gone through this I would appreciate suggestions on where to take it as well as what you saw for price and labor to replace. Tried my local Ford dealership and they won’t fix it (labor) put they did tell me the retail cost for the OEM glass roof panel( PART# LJ8Z74500A18B ) is $1300.00!!! I did find it on a discount Ford supplier for a little cheaper, $981.00 . My biggest concern is that it is done correctly and what the labor will cost.

https://parts.lakelandford.com/p/Ford__Mustang-Mach-E/Sunroof-Glass/103416704/LJ8Z74500A18B.html

Thanks for your time and insight!!!
They had to reglue my GTPE when it got to the railhead once they got it completed they couldn’t get the camera aligned and had to send it to a specialty shop to get it too work. That was two years ago hopefully it’s better now because it took a month before they got it to me.