jeffvick2005

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 TSX, 2017 Civic, MACHE GT grabber blue
Occupation
CPA
Country flag
That’s a good question and I don’t think many know the answer. Dealer allocation is a big factor. I’ve always assumed more options get built first. More options = more profit. Look at Tesla, Rivian, etc. higher trims and options go first, but they also need capital faster than Ford so that probably has less of a factor here.
There’s probably half a dozen factors and some you just can’t control.
A co-worker and I ordered a GT the same day - March 30th. She added options (bluecruise and glass roof), I did not. I ordered online and she ordered directly through a dealer. I have a production date of Sept 19th and she is till waiting - will probably be rolled over. You would think hers would have gone first with the options, but order priority must have more to do with the dealer - hers is a different dealer than the one I "tagged" with my online order.
Sponsored

Jax_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT (Build in progress)
Country flag
A co-worker and I ordered a GT the same day - March 30th. She added options (bluecruise and glass roof), I did not. I ordered online and she ordered directly through a dealer. I have a production date of Sept 19th and she is till waiting - will probably be rolled over. You would think hers would have gone first with the options, but order priority must have more to do with the dealer - hers is a different dealer than the one I "tagged" with my online order.
Were the colors the same too? I don't think they paint every color every week (at least that's what Toyota said when a family member had a Tacoma on order a few years ago). Now, I would expect build dates a few weeks apart and not as big of a gap as yours may end up being.

I think this is pretty good evidence that, at least with the MME, dealer allocation is the largest factor.

Gunrunner

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT and 2022 Mustang Mach E Premium
Occupation
Education
Country flag
Thoughts on the 18-24 week estimate to receive it per Ford website..

Pipe Dream or Possible Reality?
I ordered my 22 on January 8th and it arrived on July 13 which was just over 26 weeks. Now I did need change my order putting in the park assist kit and summer tires to get it to move but my dealership assisted me with that and I absolutely love the car. Very much worth the wait. Also, Ford is definitely ramping up production so I think lead times will shrink from here on out. Just my 2 cents.

Travman1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mazda 3
Country flag
Thoughts on the 18-24 week estimate to receive it per Ford website..

Pipe Dream or Possible Reality?
It's been rumored that Ford will be adding a second production line for the MME at the Cuautitlán possibly ramping up at the start of the 23MY. If so delivery times should be reduced. But until we see actual production numbers who knows.

Celtic4

First Name
Seamus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD SR, Kia Optima
Country flag
It's been rumored that Ford will be adding a second production line for the MME at the Cuautitlán possibly ramping up at the start of the 23MY. If so delivery times should be reduced. But until we see actual production numbers who knows.
Lets hope that turns out to be true. It would be great if the 18-24 weeks turned out to be true and I got my MME by next February. We will see. But not overly optimistic that it happen I must admit

OP
OP

DadwithaMach

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD Ext
Occupation
Help Desk Manager
Country flag
It be nice but for me I'll wait it out

We are down to 1 car family and my GF works from home and I work from home 3 days a week.. So it's not big deal dealing with this for about 1 year... Gives me more time to save and put a bigger downpayment on it

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
A second assembly line will not help if it's idle, waiting on parts.

jeffvick2005

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 TSX, 2017 Civic, MACHE GT grabber blue
Occupation
CPA
Country flag
Were the colors the same too? I don't think they paint every color every week (at least that's what Toyota said when a family member had a Tacoma on order a few years ago). Now, I would expect build dates a few weeks apart and not as big of a gap as yours may end up being.

I think this is pretty good evidence that, at least with the MME, dealer allocation is the largest factor.
Yep - both Grabber blue

Jax_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT (Build in progress)
Country flag
OP
OP

DadwithaMach

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD Ext
Occupation
Help Desk Manager
Country flag
So @DadwithaMach, looks like I was probably wrong here and dealer allocation plays the biggest factor.
Huh….. 🤔

I mean I get it if they are big sellers for Ford why not 🤷🏻‍♂️

Ill hold strong and wait it out either way, I’m no rush, more money saving for me to put towards it as bigger/hefty down payment

Anthropod

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F-150, on order 2022 Mach E Select AWD
Country flag
It'll be interesting if/when the 2023 switches over to LFP batteries.
I would love to know as well. If the standard range battery pack switched over to that, I would get that over the ER for my needs. I don’t need as much range and I like the advantages vs the disadvantage.
Sponsored