Earlofsandwich

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select AWD
Country flag
Does anyone know what this update does to the bms? I am wondering how hit helps with updates in the future
Sponsored

hack-e

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Prem AWD ER MME
Occupation
Robotics Engineer
Country flag

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Same here with a job 2 2021 GT. Hopefully this and 6.14.0 are coming our way soon.
There are other possible updates between this one and 6.14. Whether they’re numbered or revamped into PU is another question.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
There are other possible updates between this one and 6.14. Whether they’re numbered or revamped into PU is another question.
Shortly after this one there will be a Ford rollup 6.PU OTA that will install everything while managing your 12V soc like a top. Hoping this is an update to the 12V BMS logic in general and not just for updates. Not too much feed back yet? I may not get it for months if ever but this is one of the first that interests me.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Shortly after this one there will be a Ford rollup 6.PU OTA that will install everything while managing your 12V soc like a top. Hoping this is an update to the 12V BMS logic in general and not just for updates. Not too much feed back yet? I may not get it for months if ever but this is one of the first that interests me.
There are two 2 more possible Priority Updates between this one and 6.14. Which should make it around 4 updates to enable BC 1.4. YMMV.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
There are two 2 more possible Priority Updates between this one and 6.14. Which should make it around 4 updates to enable BC 1.4. YMMV.
Since you and I have so many "mapped" highways we should both be sitting on the edge of our seats. It think BCHF is a whole lot more important than the 12V BMS and whether the thing will boot or not. ;) I will have to ask Alexa 😂

OP
OP

thenew3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X7, BMW X3, MME Premium 4X
Country flag
I've had this update for 8 days now, I've noticed since this update, my 12v battery SOC has been in the 80-90% range every morning. Prior to the update, 12v SOC would be in the 30-50% range in the morning (depending on how many days it's sat in the driveway).

Just Lurking

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
Shortly after this one there will be a Ford rollup 6.PU OTA that will install everything while managing your 12V soc like a top.
Is that your speculation or do you have some inside info?

Sounds like you have some inside information? I was hoping that FTDI-FX was the last update before 7.0.2 (or whatever it ends up being.) :/

Also, FTDI-FX appears to have been restricted to 2021MY so far. I suppose those (just based on age) are most likely to have problematic 12V batteries so I do get the logic to start with them.

There was some scuttlebutt that BC 1.4 was scheduled for March, then delayed to April. But if there really are two more PU beyond FTDI-FX (which itself hasn't started rolling out to MY22 / MY23 cars yet), then April is looking sadly optimistic.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
I just got this update. I have been unplugging my dash cam when it is in the garage, but now it sounds like I may not have to do that anymore.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
was hoping that FTDI-FX was the last update before 7.0.2 (or whatever it ends up being.) :/
Not every car needs every update before the BC 1.4 switch flipping update. 2021 job 1s need a specific group of updates, as do 2021 job 2s and 2022s. Wash, rinse, repeat. Most of the updates required are common to all model years though. That’s actually not new when comparing it to the previous numbered updates in this series.

On the bright side, early access cars are not necessarily getting all these updates first. This particular update, for example, was spotted “in the wild” well before my car got it.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
Keep us posted on that. Seriously. Please.
I left my dash cam plugged in overnight, the charge was 85% last night and is 59% this morning. I'm not sure this is a sufficient charge for OTAs to install. I expected more...
Sponsored