Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Rapid Red Mach E Awd SR
Occupation
Food Inspector
Country flag
Ford seems slow to release the OTA. Would love to know how many cars they push the update to at any given time.

Last edited:

737flyer

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW X 5, 2021 Mach E-Premium RWD Job 2
Occupation
Retired Airline Pilot
Country flag
Anybody still getting this update? My last update was a month ago. 3.5.4.2.

DaMeatMan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Range Battery
Country flag
So I got 3.6.1 several weeks ago, and I never really thought much about it because heating has never been much of an issue for me. But the other day I drove about 100km and I was able to do something that was never possible before.

I drove about 100km from Toronto to Kitchener, ON 🇨🇦 the cold with THE HVAC OFF and only used seat warmers and my windshield never fogged up!! So I'm wondering if this update did something to route some outside fresh over the inside of the windshield (even when hvac is off) using passive flow from the moving vehicle or something?? 🤔

I have never ever been able to drive at Temps below 10c without the hvac on to keep the windshield from fogging up, but this time I happened to forget to turn it on and I drove 100km achieving about the same efficiency that I get in the summer about 5km/kwh which is about 3miles/kwhr for the Americans in the room, which would work out to about 270 miles of total range in about 5c temperatures with a 21 job 1 MME 4X with 235/19 Michelin CrossClimate2's and i only mention this because theybhave a much higher rolling resistance than the stock tires.

Oh and for the newer folks in the room who are pissed that FORD and the GOM "stole their range" with low figures displayed on the dash at 100% charge now that winter is rolling around, let me just point out that the vehicle estimated 350km at 100% charge that day (which is about 100km short) of what i would have actually achieved based on my round trip efficiency. Which should go to show you that this estimate on the dash is nothing more than just a drumroll pls... 🥁 AN ESTIMATE lol 😆 and what you get in the real world has allot to do with how you drive, how much energy you use with the HVAC, precondition, etc... that round trip left me with about 56% or 57% battery left on arrival if I recall correctly to drive about 200km, and on the way out in the morning feom Kitchener to Toronto I had preconditioned the cabin with a departure time, and i had the HVAC on set to AUTO low at 18c and i got about 4.4km/kwhr. On the return trip I had no preconditioning and no HVAC and used only seat heat and I was comfortable with jacket on and achieved even better efficiency at 5.1KM/kwhr.

So anyway if this is the result of the update, and I'm able to do this throughout the winter i would be EXTREMELY HAPPY! I ussually keep the heat low anyway at about 18c and I prefer not to turn the cabin into a toaster by wastefully dumping all my energy into the cabin rather than out onto the road, and i just wear my jacket and turn on seat heat when needed. But even keeping the hvac low at 18c it uses allot of energy and it has always been a necessary evil in the winter to keep the windshield defogged, until now! So I'm hoping to replicate this again, but wondering if you folks with this latest update can confirm same observations?

Screenshot_20221204-082901_FordPass.jpg

Screenshot_20221204-082917_FordPass.jpg

Screenshot_20221204-075953_FordPass.jpg

Ajax

First Name
Ajax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue 4x Extended
Country flag
Anybody still getting this update? My last update was a month ago. 3.5.4.2.
I'm in the same boat and still on 3.5.4.2 (June 2021 build date). I don't have the heat issues that some folks reported, but I'd like to get it before things drop too far below 0 here. Thankfully it doesn't look like my area will see that for a few weeks, so I'll try to wait out the OTA as opposed to getting CSP 22B28, but if it's not in by January I'll probably take it in for that CSB.

737flyer

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Airline Pilot
Country flag
I'm in the same boat and still on 3.5.4.2 (June 2021 build date). I don't have the heat issues that some folks reported, but I'd like to get it before things drop too far below 0 here. Thankfully it doesn't look like my area will see that for a few weeks, so I'll try to wait out the OTA as opposed to getting CSP 22B28, but if it's not in by January I'll probably take it in for that CSB.
I made an appointment at the dealership for January in case I don’t get the update. I like doing the update’s myself but when I do them on FDRS the recall messages remain.

737flyer

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Airline Pilot
Country flag
Has anyone received 3.6.1 OTA in the last couple of weeks. I wonder Ford has stopped sending it out.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Has anyone received 3.6.1 OTA in the last couple of weeks. I wonder Ford has stopped sending it out.
Still waiting for it.

Boselka

First Name
Jason & Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vibedigital.marketing
Vehicles
'16 CMaxEnergi|'17 FocusElectric|'21 Mustang MachE
Occupation
Website Design, Development, and Digital Marketing
Country flag
Quick question for the group, we did receive on our Mach-E the 3.6.1 on 11/17 about the HVAC Heat improvements, but yesterday we received our vehicle health report and it says there is an open field service action of 22B28. Which if we go look up on Fords website via our VIN it does NOT say that we have that open field service action. I am guessing the email is incorrect, but wanted input, as next Thursday we are about to embark on a series of road trips that are probably going to amount to about 3,000 miles in 2 weeks of driving. What are your thoughts?

737flyer

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Airline Pilot
Country flag
Quick question for the group, we did receive on our Mach-E the 3.6.1 on 11/17 about the HVAC Heat improvements, but yesterday we received our vehicle health report and it says there is an open field service action of 22B28. Which if we go look up on Fords website via our VIN it does NOT say that we have that open field service action. I am guessing the email is incorrect, but wanted input, as next Thursday we are about to embark on a series of road trips that are probably going to amount to about 3,000 miles in 2 weeks of driving. What are your thoughts?
The health report is not correct. Probably using old data. If the Ford website shows no recalls your good.

Boselka

First Name
Jason & Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vibedigital.marketing
Vehicles
'16 CMaxEnergi|'17 FocusElectric|'21 Mustang MachE
Occupation
Website Design, Development, and Digital Marketing
Country flag

SaintPaulMustangMach-E_GT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT
Occupation
IT Manager
Country flag
Guys how do you find the actual software version my car is running?
This hide and seek is childish.
I live in Minnesota and the heat sucks.
I love hearing people talk about bundling up at 10c and not using the electric heat. Our low last week was -24c so let's not hear whining about shorts weather. How do I check my version and give feedback about non-tropical temperatures?
Sponsored