Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
Oh you too. Do you have the one that you can't release the hatch until you open one of the doors? Or hit the button to close, take one step toward the driver's side and it beeps and won't close? It's gotten to the point that I just laugh at the car's shenanigans.
Yeah that has been happening to me for a few months know. Super annoying. 50/50 chance the trunk will actually open when I get back to the car from the store. Most of the time to car sees me approaching them doesn't open the trunk unless I unlock the driver side door first. Then the trunk closing half way down then stopping 🤬.
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
it should also be a small thing to bring us early adopters up to parity. Kind of a slap, IMHO.
I think Mr Farley said Q1 in his comments about job 1 car frunks and that the update had been pushed back to get out the “range increase” update. We shall see what happens in the next 11 weeks but it is a bit telling that the update, if it was in fact ready, was pushed back even as they approached the two year mark. Something else will always come along.

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Nope, it's black all the time on/off or dark/light mode. For all I know it was intentional, it just seems like an odd change. Maybe it's to blend in the black on screen button with the black area on the inside edge of the volume/Multifunction knob 🤔.
Pretty strange. I wonder if they're trying to make it look like it's a real button rather than just an area of the touchscreen with a ring glued on around it.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
The only feature/bug I noticed is the power button is always black no matter what the interface type (dark or light) is set to. What's even more weird is when the dark interface is used. The power button doesn't even match that color either. You'll notice in the screenshots. I've seen other screenshots from people with the update as well and they don't appear to have that issue. Maybe there are some other hardware and software variances between the 2021 and 2022 that are impacting that. Also note, restarting Sync does not fix the problem, nor does manually toggling dark and light mode.

PXL_20230109_063715333.jpg

PXL_20230109_063631332.jpg
That's interesting. I can confirm that the Vol circle is the same color as the rest of the screen on my pre-4.1.2 UI. If anyone needs me to make any other comparisons to my pre-4.1.2 UI, I should still have plenty of time to do that.......................................

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
So here is something, the last two times I've charged since 412, I went to 90%, but then when I got in car it said 92%, I just stopped charging from my phone at 87%, then fordpass refreshed and it said 89%. Does this indicate the battery unlock from 2021 to 2022?
My car does this. After some discussions with Ford, they say it is due to outside temperature fluctuations causing the battery to update with a different SoC.

Mine usually will say 90% until I start driving, then will jump to 91 or 92, and then within a mile or so settle back to 90% and then go as normal.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Personally, I think 20 years from now all those 2021 Job 1’s stuck on 3.5.4.2 (like mine) are going to be worth more because they will be unicorns. Getting stuck in Guest profile 2-3 times per week will be seen as the DIY maintenance EV’s lack. Manual frunk button will be seen as a throw back feature that only a few select owners have. And let’s not forget that the ratcheting noise from the front half shafts will be the way people know you are making a turn, no fake sound required.

Bring on the residuals.
nah, the ones like mine stuck on 3.5.1 will be worth.... no... wait.... there are tens of thousands of us... never mind.

jdmrc93

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition in Grabber Blue
Occupation
IT Network Engineer
Country flag
I will say that 4.1.2 got to my car a few days ago. So far, I will say that Ford may have redeemed themselves. It seems that most of the bugs/issues I had before have been addressed. The interface is much faster and more responsive. The dial for using climate is a MASSIVE upgrade. PaaK oddly seems... better? Time will tell there. But overall, I am happy with this update so far!

Dan the Man

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
Yes, I’m in EA. My last OTA was 3.5.4.2 on October 26th (69 days ago 😎😂).
Is there a icon now to turn the heat on and off from the main menu
Is there an icon on the main menu to power off the heat? As of now you have to got the the heating screen and turn it off there or am I missing something?

nor3bo

First Name
Jacques
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Prem 4X
Country flag
Yeah that has been happening to me for a few months know. Super annoying. 50/50 chance the trunk will actually open when I get back to the car from the store. Most of the time to car sees me approaching them doesn't open the trunk unless I unlock the driver side door first. Then the trunk closing half way down then stopping 🤬.
That's me too, really annoying to say the least. I rally like the idea of a PaaK, but this implementation we have is just an awful experience.

Benny’66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1966 Mustang, 2021 Mach E GTPE
Occupation
Plant Manager
Country flag
I was stuck in 3.5.2 limbo since October and amazingly my GTPE just Power-Up’d to 3.6.2 20 minute ago. Crazy.

danielcb

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E 2022 ER AWD
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Any news of Candian Mach-E owners receiving this software update yet?

I'm ok with letting our friends south of the border to beta test things in production first (the only real test of a new software version is putting it into production), but hope it does not take too long to get it here as well.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I was stuck in 3.5.2 limbo since October and amazingly my GTPE just Power-Up’d to 3.6.2 20 minute ago. Crazy.
Interesting, hopefully this means they'll be getting us on 4.1.2 soon. I also have a 2021 Job 2 GTPE and have been on 3.6.2 for a while now, got it first day it was sent out, but it seemed to have blocked me from getting 4.1.2, as I don't have that update in FDRS and other 2021 Job 2s have had it available.

Would you mind sending me your VIN? Curious if yours shows the update available.
Sponsored