4/11/22 build week chat

FarSide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar F-Type '70 Vet, Outback Onyx, '04 Wrangler
Country flag
Is Ford Chat gone for anyone else? It only gives me the option to call now
Chat probably blew up, I have not seen it in several days. I spoke to someone on the phone today and I asked about chat. They were not aware of any problems with Chat but that's about par for the course. Ford is pretty lackadaisical with everything; customer chat is down-- no problem.

Knowing the chat team well.... below is my reenactment of what they would have told you.

!! Congratulations you're in Transit !! How thrilling. You will be in your exhilarating ride soon !!! Give me 15 mins and I will find the information that you are looking for!!! GREAT NEWS!!! You are at Ramp XYZ in the middle of nowhere and your car has not moved in two weeks. You will be having 0-60 Thrills before you know it !!!

sorry, I'm losing my mind with this company :)
Sponsored

awaters

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT Black
Country flag
Chat probably blew up, I have not seen it in several days. I spoke to someone on the phone today and I asked about chat. They were not aware of any problems with Chat but that's about par for the course. Ford is pretty lackadaisical with everything; customer chat is down-- no problem.

Knowing the chat team well.... below is my reenactment of what they would have told you.

!! Congratulations you're in Transit !! How thrilling. You will be in your exhilarating ride soon !!! Give me 15 mins and I will find the information that you are looking for!!! GREAT NEWS!!! You are at Ramp XYZ in the middle of nowhere and your car has not moved in two weeks. You will be having 0-60 Thrills before you know it !!!

sorry, I'm losing my mind with this company :)
That's my favorite part about chat. You know they're talking shit, they know they're talking shit, but what can we do?

The best one was I started a chat to see what the deal was with my car on June 4th, as it was still sitting in the plant parking lot for its 6th week in production - which I could verify via GPS in the app. I tell her this and the response is, "congrats! Looks like eta to the dealer is June 5!" so ford is overnighting my car that hasn't even been marked built? Talk about lucky me.

kdigio86

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E [Premium]
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Just received a call from Vista Ford (Woodland Hills) and the rep said that the software patch for the recall will be implemented tomorrow AM and is hoping that by this time tomorrow I'm driving off the lot with my beautiful stallion! I'll (hopefully) update with pictures this time tomorrow. I'm still not going to believe it until I'm in the driver's seat, let's go!!!!

FarSide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Like some unlikely miracle, my dealer emailed me that my car arrived. It was freed from Newark with no indication from United Rental (I will find out how it was ultimately delivered later). I also received an email this morning from Ford instructing me to finalize the purchase. This was the first timely email ever from Ford. I will follow up with the dealer tomorrow and see what I can do to expedite delivery. My lower rate financing is only good until July 12th but I'm hopeful (see Kdigio86 above) that the patch is sooner vs. later. Now the dealer has to behave normally and we might be done soon with this thing 🤞

FarSide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just received a call from Vista Ford (Woodland Hills) and the rep said that the software patch for the recall will be implemented tomorrow AM and is hoping that by this time tomorrow I'm driving off the lot with my beautiful stallion! I'll (hopefully) update with pictures this time tomorrow. I'm still not going to believe it until I'm in the driver's seat, let's go!!!!
Wow, that's some very good and interesting news. I will let you all know what my dealer says tomorrow. It's going to be an interesting few weeks (hopefully not months) with car deliveries and the clearing of recalls.

PNWJustin

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium EAWD
Country flag
Fingers Crossed. My dealer has been TERRIBLE at follow up. I had to go there myself to originally see it was delivered.

I called today to let him know the recall software was available. He said he’d look into it.

I didn’t hear back, so I’ll call tomorrow and let him know I’d like to schedule my appointment for order completion and pickup.

kayzoqueen

First Name
Grace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mach-E GT, Jaguar F-Type, Jeep Rubicon
Country flag
OMG!

kayzoqueen

First Name
Grace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mach-E GT, Jaguar F-Type, Jeep Rubicon
Country flag
I honestly checked out after hearing about the recall but logging on it seems like there is a fix out already? @kdigio86 have you gotten any update on your car from Vista? My car should be arriving to DCH of thousand oaks hopefully very soon and that would be great if the fix is already out.

NewGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ready to order
Country flag
The news broke of the recall fix as I was heading out of town for a week-long road trip. Doh! Would've been nice to have the new car for this. Oh well, I talked to the dealer today and they'll have it ready for pickup on Tuesday when I return.

kdigio86

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
It is official, the stallion is in the stable! I cannot praise Vista Ford Woodland Hills enough, especially my rep, Andrew. They took amazing care of me and my wife. Forgive the not great photos as I'm far too excited to do a photo shoot, and the photos don't do it justice. I feel like I'm in a rocket ship. I hope the rest of you 4/11s get your rides soon!
Ford Mustang Mach-E 4/11/22 build week chat IMG_4243

Ford Mustang Mach-E 4/11/22 build week chat IMG_4244

Ford Mustang Mach-E 4/11/22 build week chat IMG_4245

Ford Mustang Mach-E 4/11/22 build week chat IMG_4246

Ford Mustang Mach-E 4/11/22 build week chat IMG_4247

Ford Mustang Mach-E 4/11/22 build week chat IMG_4248

PNWJustin

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium EAWD
Country flag
My dealer called this morning and told me my car was ready. Finally!! I drove in to the town it was in, and after working for hours with the GM, I finally completed the purchase.

They provided me original MSRP for the 9/27 order, and the $750 off customer incentive for the 2021 to 2022 orders.

I ending up not going with Ford Options, I think they were calculating the costs wrong…but it’s whatever, I wanted the car bad enough today, so I went through my bank.

kdigio86

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
I honestly checked out after hearing about the recall but logging on it seems like there is a fix out already? @kdigio86 have you gotten any update on your car from Vista? My car should be arriving to DCH of thousand oaks hopefully very soon and that would be great if the fix is already out.
Go get that car! Then share some pics, good luck!

FarSide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
OMG- what a rollercoaster of a finish but we are home! I will report out more later. I love the drive and I’m figuring things out. Unfortunately my Ford Pass is pending activation until an “Authorized user” approves my request (that does not sound promising before a long weekend trip). On a positive note, we all have vaccinated cars with no wear and tear on the HJ-Box, if wear and tear is even a factor? — also that lame dealer sticker is already off the car. Good luck everyone.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 4/11/22 build week chat F24DE6CC-7E8B-40FD-B6AA-F046547D813F
Ford Mustang Mach-E 4/11/22 build week chat D4A68B1A-44A8-45E0-9335-2CB0E61E7A8D