Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GTPE - Bronco - Mustang Dark Horse
Occupation
Photographer
Country flag
Mine locked up with a white screen did a reset and it worked. No notification it just installed mid day.
Sponsored

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
This update seems to make it so if you have lane keeping off, but activate cruise control, it'll automatically turn on lane keeping, thus allowing BCHF to activate. I was thinking this would be nice if they ever recenter the spedo with lane keeping off, but when you deactivate CC, it doesn't also remember that you had lane keeping deactivated, so you'd still have to turn it off everytime. Still one less button press, but would be nice if it remembered.

HoosierMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Anyone else lose PAAK after this update? I don't know if I lost PAAK due to this update or the FordPass update. Nothing else has changed with my phone. I had a rough go with PAAK but it's been great for the past several months until about two days ago. Tried resetting and adding it back but couldn't get a new key to download to FordPass properly. Had to reinstall FordPass, waited for the car to shut down, reset keys again, added a key and do another phone restart to get it to connect to Bluetooth. Can't image most consumers would be this persistent. Hopefully just a random issue happening to me.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Anyone else lose PAAK after this update? I don't know if I lost PAAK due to this update or the FordPass update. Nothing else has changed with my phone. I had a rough go with PAAK but it's been great for the past several months until about two days ago. Tried resetting and adding it back but couldn't get a new key to download to FordPass properly. Had to reinstall FordPass, waited for the car to shut down, reset keys again, added a key and do another phone restart to get it to connect to Bluetooth. Can't image most consumers would be this persistent. Hopefully just a random issue happening to me.
After this update my PaaK stopped working. What I did: Restarted the phone, opened FP, tried again. No dice. I then sent an unlock command to the car from FP, took a little but it triggered. Locked car up and tried using PaaK to unlock the car, not the FP command, and it worked.

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
I just received 6.14.0 this afternoon. I'm not in EA. My car is a Job 1 2022 Premium.

DCC233

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 California Route 1 / 2021 Tesla MY
Country flag
Anyone with 2021 job 1 cars getting this now? I know late last year a few job 1 cars got updates beyond 6.8.0 and then looks like everything paused. I ask as I have job 1 2021 and no updates after 6.8.0 other than regular priority updates
2021 CR1, non-EA, and it was just pushed to me this afternoon.

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
Anyone with 2021 job 1 cars getting this now? I know late last year a few job 1 cars got updates beyond 6.8.0 and then looks like everything paused. I ask as I have job 1 2021 and no updates after 6.8.0 other than regular priority updates
I got it today. Job 1 owners rejoice! I finally have a frunk button on the Sync screen! @Jimrpa @Kamuelaflyer

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I got it today. Job 1 owners rejoice! I finally have a frunk button on the Sync screen! @Jimrpa @Kamuelaflyer
I got the release via door code update a few days ago. It was in the latest priority update about battery management or something because of course it was. Anyway, I tried it once to make sure it worked. Since then Iā€™ve been using the manual release? Nope, not a glutton for punishment or reminiscing about the good old days, it was this thread:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/how-to-fix-a-stuck-frunk-hood.32697/

Well, itā€™s really that that plus thereā€™s only one dealer on the island and since theyā€™re refusing to do work theyā€™re required to do (Safety Recalls) theyā€™re sure as sh!t not going to work on a stuck frunk hood. Orchid Isle Ford sucks, is putting it mildly. Theyā€™re only exceeded by Ford Motor Company who is also turning a blind eye on their own obligations and their lame dealer.

Jerrytball

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Is there a way to see what updates your car has received in the past?

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Is there a way to see what updates your car has received in the past?
No. You have to manually track the OTA updates. However, you can see all the software modules versions in FDRS. Search the forum thread titles for FDRS to learn more, but it is a service tool that some people have to update their cars. The dealer uses it to do updates.

Jerrytball

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
No. You have to manually track the OTA updates. However, you can see all the software modules versions in FDRS. Search the forum thread titles for FDRS to learn more, but it is a service tool that some people have to update their cars. The dealer uses it to do updates.
Oh yes, my 2019 gas powered mustang would not give a certain update and I pulled into Ford and they plugged in and updated just like that. I think it was a reverse camera or something. Thank you.

On a sidenote, I had asked something in another forum thread about EA. I thought it was Electrify America but it meant early access. I just happened to run across that just now looking under frequently asked questions about updates so I signed up for whatever thatā€™s worth.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Oh yes, my 2019 gas powered mustang would not give a certain update and I pulled into Ford and they plugged in and updated just like that. I think it was a reverse camera or something. Thank you.

On a sidenote, I had asked something in another forum thread about EA. I thought it was Electrify America but it meant early access. I just happened to run across that just now looking under frequently asked questions about updates so I signed up for whatever thatā€™s worth.
I am in the EA program and sometimes I get updates before non-EA people, but more often than not, my updates are later than others who are not in EA. Ford sometimes picks some EA members to do an early test along with a survey, which is protected by a NDA. So we can't post about those updates until they come out to everyone. Most updates are not like that.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I am in the EA program and sometimes I get updates before non-EA people, but more often than not, my updates are later than others who are not in EA. Ford sometimes picks some EA members to do an early test along with a survey, which is protected by a NDA. So we can't post about those updates until they come out to everyone. Most updates are not like that.
Correct. Think of EA as (at least a two) tiered system. Thereā€™s EA and thereā€™s (what I think of as) EA VIP. EA VIP is (as far as I know) unofficial and unpublished, but if you think about it logically, it makes sense. If youā€™re deploying something to consumers that could either be dangerous, or somehow inhibit a vehicleā€™s functionality, youā€™re going to want to trickle it out very slowly at first and do everything you can to ensure that itā€™s not going to cause harm. Then you trickle it out some more. There certainly have been instances when it appeared that people not in EA were getting updates that people who are in EA didnā€™t get (in advance or at the same time). I have no idea why that is but, as usual, there are lots of amusing conspiracy theories šŸ˜€

UnforAll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E 4x Premium IB; '13 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Occupation
Grad Student
Country flag
6.14.0 installed today (29 March). 2021 early Job 1; non EA program. Have not received 6.13

6.x poll updated
Sponsored