Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
My car sitting in the garage connected to my WiFi does not get updates.So in order to get an update, I need to go to my dealer and get the latest updates? Last update was 3.5.2 on November 30th when I picked up my car.
That's probably because your car is up to date. Those people getting PowerUp 3.6.x are probably in the Early Access Program. I'm in the EAP and I haven't received it yet.

The PowerUps don't accelerate as fast as the Mach E. You have to be more patient with them.
Sponsored

nipper_CZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E
Country flag
I can be the third person in Rick's list of people who would be interested in the mod you suggest. It would be good if we could set the on and off temperatures manually, like you can on your home thermostat. I might not pick a 10 degree swing.

However, I am not convinced it would use less energy to heat the car from 60 to 70, compared with maintaining the temperature at 66 or 68 F. Or even maintaining it at 70 F. It does not take much to maintain it once the temperature is reached, but it would be running full blast to get it from 60 to 70.
It's even down to -4°F here, and believe me, then the heater is de facto running full blast, because it's still heating the icy air, and the circulation can't be turned on because of the fogging of the windows.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
It's even down to -4°F here, and believe me, then the heater is de facto running full blast, because it's still heating the icy air, and the circulation can't be turned on because of the fogging of the windows.
I am sure you have tried this, but what if you cracked the window while recirculate is turned on? Would that work better or will the windows still fog? Another forum member reported if you use the dash vent, recirculate does not turn off. I have not tried it myself.

Your situation sounds a lot like our forum members who live in the northern part of North America, where it frequently drops below 0 F. Sounds like a very hard climate to live in.

Lucky luke

First Name
Luc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select RWD
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Perhaps a stupid question, but I did not find the answer on this forum.
I haven't received any OTA updates on my mme build 01/22. Automatic updates is on, scheduling is set.
The car is connected to home wifi but goes in sleep after some minutes so has no longer an active connection. Can that be the reason for not getting updates? How can I avoid this? Car is parked outside. Do I have to leave the car ON all the time? What about the LVB, can I expect battery problems?

Last edited:

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I know A/C doesn't work very well when it is cold out, but have you tried running it with E-Heat turned on and recirculate turned on? I tried it this week and it did remove fogging even with the temps in the upper 30s F. Of course my fogging is minor compared with yours.

Another forum member posted that recirculate will stay on if you have the climate control set to dash vent only. I confirmed it works and it significantly reduces E-Heat usage. With A/C, E-Heat and recirculate on, and the temp set on 67, I got the same efficiency as I get on the same trip in the summer. Outside temps varied from 36 to 42 on the 145 mile drive. I tried turning off A/C and the windows started fogging. So leaving it on really helps even when cold outside.

shark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
How do OTA updates not suffer from 12V power drop that requires a power supply if using FDRS? Does it divert power from the main drive battery or what? And if so, why can't FDRS just use the same feature?

JimG

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That's probably because your car is up to date. Those people getting PowerUp 3.6.x are probably in the Early Access Program. I'm in the EAP and I haven't received it yet.

The PowerUps don't accelerate as fast as the Mach E. You have to be more patient with them.
Thanks, Mark.

Arjan

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Country flag
It looks like European cars are getting 3.5.2.1 now, i did not find that version in the wikipage, so it must be an European edition somehow.

Just Lurking

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
Not sure if this is the right place to share, but after being pretty annoyed to have bought a '22 GT on December 31st with expired maps and (presumably) old software, I received 3.5.2 and updated BC maps yesterday, and today I received 3.5.3. Maybe 3.5.4 tomorrow, then onwards to 3.6.x and then 4.1.x? One can hope!

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Having not received an OTA update since October and being stuck on 3.5.4, despite being in the Early Access Program, I broke down and called the Connected Services Department. 833-389-0848.

The rep agreed this was odd. First, she checked on her end and confirmed that I hadn’t received an update since October, and no failed updates since.

Next, she had me confirm I had automatic updates enabled and an update schedule set. She also made sure this wasn’t set for midnight, which can cause problems.

Finally, she asked about four “preconditions” to help receive updates:
1. Drive car at least 30mins each day to help ensure the 12v battery has adequate charge.
2. Plug the car in at night to keep it charged up.
3. Engage the parking brake.
4. Turn Off the headlights (not automatic mode).

I had never heard of Items 3 or 4 before, and it frankly sounds pretty damned silly, but she gave me a case number and asked me to try this for 7-10 business days to see if it helps.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Having not received an OTA update since October and being stuck on 3.5.4, despite being in the Early Access Program, I broke down and called the Connected Services Department. 833-389-0848.

The rep agreed this was odd. First, she checked on her end and confirmed that I hadn’t received an update since October, and no failed updates since.

Next, she had me confirm I had automatic updates enabled and an update schedule set. She also made sure this wasn’t set for midnight, which can cause problems.

1. Drive car at least 30mins each day to help ensure the 12v battery has adequate charge.

I had never heard of Items 3 or 4 before, and it frankly sounds pretty damned silly, but she gave me a case number and asked me to try this for 7-10 business days to see if it helps.
I have heard of #3 on this forum. I think the car needs to know it is secure and won't roll for some updates. That's my theory.

Tom L

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Clarity
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am sure you have tried this, but what if you cracked the window while recirculate is turned on? Would that work better or will the windows still fog? Another forum member reported if you use the dash vent, recirculate does not turn off. I have not tried it myself.

Your situation sounds a lot like our forum members who live in the northern part of North America, where it frequently drops below 0 F. Sounds like a very hard climate to live in.
You can s-s-s-say that again! Brrr.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag

I just wonder if this is if an update is already queued for you, which you can check the status of on Ford.com, or if this can help to have an update queued for you. That’s really the big question.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I just wonder if this is if an update is already queued for you, which you can check the status of on Ford.com, or if this can help to have an update queued for you. That’s really the big question.
It’s not queued - I checked Ford.com.
Sponsored