After recall OTA stuck on 2.1.0

Snowbolster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx 350
Country flag
After my "great" experience with the dealership taking 10 days to deal with the recall that they told me will take 2 days at most, they did some manual software updating.

My version is now stuck on 2.1.0 and won't update further, which is extremely annoying since before the recall I already had 2.3 version.

I really don't want to go to the dealership unless the car has life threatening recall or issue since they proved themselves to be abysmal.

Can someone shed some light to why this OTA updated problems are caused?

In my head it should be like a phone version update, even if you reset it to earlier version it will still should update to latest version immediately, but for some reason the Ford software for updates is not doing that.

I just want to get my Blue cruise already.
Sponsored

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
What is your current SYNC version? Power-Up only shows the latest installed on any given module, not the latest software version of your car.

I could say mine is stuck on 2.3 since Feb 8th, but so are a couple of thousand other MMEs. We are all waiting for the official OTAs to start rolling out.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
After my "great" experience with the dealership taking 10 days to deal with the recall that they told me will take 2 days at most, they did some manual software updating.

My version is now stuck on 2.1.0 and won't update further, which is extremely annoying since before the recall I already had 2.3 version.

I really don't want to go to the dealership unless the car has life threatening recall or issue since they proved themselves to be abysmal.

Can someone shed some light to why this OTA updated problems are caused?

In my head it should be like a phone version update, even if you reset it to earlier version it will still should update to latest version immediately, but for some reason the Ford software for updates is not doing that.

I just want to get my Blue cruise already.
You are probably still on 2.3.0. Did you lose any features? Do you have the horizontal volume bar? The version number is a known bug. It will say 2.1.0 even though you are actually up to date on latest.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Did you just get the 21P22 update? Mine had previously OTA updates to 2.1.0 and then to 2.3.0 a couple of weeks later, but after getting the 21P22 update at the dealer, the displayed version reverted to 2.1.0, but none of the newer features went away. My car is currently in at the dealer to get the BC update, it has already been there three days.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Donā€™t worry youā€™re good. Those numbers are not software versions. If you have the new games and the option for the expanded CarPlay, you're as up to date as you can be.

OP
OP
Snowbolster

Snowbolster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx 350
Country flag
What is your current SYNC version? Power-Up only shows the latest installed on any given module, not the latest software version of your car.

I could say mine is stuck on 2.3 since Feb 8th, but so are a couple of thousand other MMEs. We are all waiting for the official OTAs to start rolling out.
Its on 212xx version so very old

OP
OP
Snowbolster

Snowbolster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx 350
Country flag
You are probably still on 2.3.0. Did you lose any features? Do you have the horizontal volume bar? The version number is a known bug. It will say 2.1.0 even though you are actually up to date on latest.
That's interesting, I actually didn't lose any features nor the new "games and sketch"

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
That's interesting, I actually didn't lose any features nor the new "games and sketch"
There is a known bug with 2.3.0 where it will display 2.1.0 in the system update screen. That is most likely what is happening.
Either that or you did get 2.1.0 after 2.3.0, which is possible. Updates can be received ā€œout of orderā€, they are not necessarily sequential.

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Then technically the newest Power-Up you have is 2.3.0 but you car is reporting 2.1.0. That is a know bug.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
So if you are showing 2.1.0 and actually have 2.3.0 you aren't "stuck" any more than the rest of us normies who have been waiting for the "coming soon" blue cruise updates.
Sponsored