Alarm going off in garage

scubauke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e wanta be
Country flag
Have had the mach e since April. Recently the alarm has started to go off in my garage with nobody touching it, no cat jumping on it, nada. This has never happened before. It shows up as a notice on my ford pass app that someone has tried to unauthorized entry into the car. Any thoughts?
Sponsored

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Does your garage have a window? Are you leaving your car windows open? If you leave your car windows open it is very easy for changes in light (from a garage window) to trick the interior motion sensor.

OP
OP
scubauke

scubauke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e wanta be
Country flag
Does your garage have a window? Are you leaving your car windows open? If you leave your car windows open it is very easy for changes in light (from a garage window) to trick the interior motion sensor.
No windows open in car, some windows in garage, but frosted and has been the same since April. Good thought, but don't think that is causative.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
If the alert is for unauthorized entry then that's triggered when any door, the luggage compartment, or the hood is opened without using the key, remote control or keyless entry keypad (cited).

I would assume you have a faulty sensor. Time for a dealer visit.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
My car did this today..

I parked next to a curb, no cars anywhere around me as I always park away from people and had parked in an empty bank lot. I go to sit down at Wings N Things with full view of my car and all the sudden I get a FordPass alert saying "Alarm Triggered". Looked out the window, sure enough my turn signal lights were blinking so I got up to go look. Man the horn for the alarm is the whimpiest thing I've ever heard. As I started to walk towards the car the alarm shut off when I was about 15 maybe 20yrds away. However, my turn signal lights were still flashing and would not shut off. I punched in my door code and it seemed to reset the alarm.

100% no one or thing was around my car, I had full sight to it. Absolutely no idea why the alarm went off, first time its happened.

rgparham

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
acura mdx/rdx/4runner/ ford mach e awd premium
Country flag
This has happened to me once at 230 am in my garage with no windows. I say ghosts lol.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Mine did this regularly for about a week back in September. I leave the fob in the car and the windows down while parked in the garage. Alarm would go off when I walked through the garage. It stopped as suddenly as it started. I attributed it to updates, but I can’t prove anything.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
My car did this today..

I parked next to a curb, no cars anywhere around me as I always park away from people and had parked in an empty bank lot. I go to sit down at Wings N Things with full view of my car and all the sudden I get a FordPass alert saying "Alarm Triggered". Looked out the window, sure enough my turn signal lights were blinking so I got up to go look. Man the horn for the alarm is the whimpiest thing I've ever heard. As I started to walk towards the car the alarm shut off when I was about 15 maybe 20yrds away. However, my turn signal lights were still flashing and would not shut off. I punched in my door code and it seemed to reset the alarm.

100% no one or thing was around my car, I had full sight to it. Absolutely no idea why the alarm went off, first time its happened.
Hi Bill! This doesn't sound like an experience we want you to have with your Mach-E. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to see how I can assist you with this concern on my end!

ShaggySS

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD
Occupation
IT Nerd
Country flag
I have set this alarm off in this car more than all other cars I have owned in the past 20 years. Worst part is it’s always in my garage. Halfway tempted to disconnect the horn. Though maybe tape over the motion sensor would be easier. Anyone know where that is located?

Last edited:

Fat Mach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 GT350
Country flag
It might be mice. If it's in your garage just unlock it when you walk away.

shoopla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE, '16 Volvo S60 CrossCountry, '16 XC60
Occupation
Proj Engineer
Country flag
Mine did that a few times late last summer in my garage in the middle of the night. Turns out there was a lanternfly that got inside the car that was setting off the motion sensor. Haven't had it happen since he was "removed".

Ford Mustang Mach-E Alarm going off in garage 1685027516206

(not the actual one)
Sponsored