First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Technical Software Analyst
I noticed at home this morning my Xfinity App told me that a new SYNC joined the network with Strong Wifi. Ever since then all of my connected features have been non-functional. I've never encountered anything like this before and wondering if this is another scheduled Dealer visit situation or something I can try myself.

So far..

• FordPass app shows old information on Charge % and Range (Says Updated 11 hours ago)
  • FordPass remote Start, Lock, unlock, etc non-functional.
  • Inside the vehicle the Connected Services menu is empty
  • No Icon at the top of the screen that typically indicates a connected vehicle
  • Nav shows No Weather or Traffic Data.
  • blank when you refresh. Won't even connect to Wifi. Avail networks are blank on refresh.

I have restarted the Sync a few times and no luck. Is there a fuse I can pull? If so which ones and where?

Ford Mustang Mach-E All connected services are gone IMG_8032
Ford Mustang Mach-E All connected services are gone IMG_8033
Ford Mustang Mach-E All connected services are gone IMG_8034

Jlbern27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
My plug and charge didnt work this morning. I had to start the station from the ea app

OP
OP
Dysan911

Dysan911

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Alrighty!. Well I guess it's back to the Dealership. I found a post that said fuses 11 and 12 can be pulled and wait about 10mins. I took those out for about 30mins and put them back a moment ago and still nothing. You can see the WIFI symbol show up briefly and then it goes away. I was able to view avail Wifi Networks for a few secs and then they were all gone. So def some sort of internal modem is having issues. :(.

RogueLegend

First Name
Shadi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium AWD
I had this happen to me last Friday. Saturday, I called Ford support. They had me conduct a few restarts, including one that involved holding the steering wheel column buttons down for a full minute. We did everything except pull fuses. None of the steps worked.

On Monday, the issue remedied itself, including remote start. I almost took it to the dealership too.

I have a 23 Premium AWD Extended battery.

OP
OP
Dysan911

Dysan911

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
I had this happen to me last Friday. Saturday, I called Ford support. They had me conduct a few restarts, including one that involved holding the steering wheel column buttons down for a full minute. We did everything except pull fuses. None of the steps worked.

On Monday, the issue remedied itself, including remote start. I almost took it to the dealership too.

I have a 23 Premium AWD Extended battery.

I tried one last-ditch effort thing. At the bottom of the fuse panel there appears to be a black power connector. I unplugged it and you could hear some stuff power off and restart when I plugged it back in. It worked!. I first noticed the WIFI symbol was back and then within a few mins the little Connected Services icon. All items under Connected services were back and now the app is updated and everything working.

Im not sure what Fuse should have done the same thing but I pulled a 3 prong fuse that's marked 11 & 12. It did NOTHING. A lot of people mentioned in threads I found to pull the negative cable from the battery and let the vehicle sit. I guess whatever I pulled had a similar effect.

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
I tried one last-ditch effort thing. At the bottom of the fuse panel there appears to be a black power connector. I unplugged it and you could hear some stuff power off and restart when I plugged it back in. It worked!. I first noticed the WIFI symbol was back and then within a few mins the little Connected Services icon. All items under Connected services were back and now the app is updated and everything working.

Im not sure what Fuse should have done the same thing but I pulled a 3 prong fuse that's marked 11 & 12. It did NOTHING. A lot of people mentioned in threads I found to pull the negative cable from the battery and let the vehicle sit. I guess whatever I pulled had a similar effect.
Which fuse box, and what black power connector? I've disconnected the negative terminal on my 12 volt battery for up to 4 hours previously and have not been able to perform a 12 volt reset to get my connected services going again. This would be tremendously helpful, thank you.

OP
OP
Dysan911

Dysan911

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Which fuse box, and what black power connector? I've disconnected the negative terminal on my 12 volt battery for up to 4 hours previously and have not been able to perform a 12 volt reset to get my connected services going again. This would be tremendously helpful, thank you.

I think technically Fuse 21-22 are part of the Gateway Module and might be one to try first but if that doesn't work then Here is the Power cable I pulled for a sec which restarted a lot of components that got me up and running..

Below: When you remove the access panel in the Passenger Foot Well.
Ford Mustang Mach-E All connected services are gone IMG_8038

The Lower wire bundle that has the tan piece of tape and you can see one of the big Red wires on the far right. There is a release tab on the bottom of this connector. Just pull it and everything will shutdown. Plug it back in and give it a few mins for all the modules to boot up, etc. HOpe this works for you!
Ford Mustang Mach-E All connected services are gone IMG_8039

dyandell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mach E GT
I just bought a Mach E about three weeks ago and I have been having this problem. The only differences is Connected Services works intermittently. I do not have my home charging set up yet (hopefully today) so I have been going to a fast charger once or twice a week when my SoC gets too low to get the battery back up on its charge level with the wall charger. It seems like Connected Services stops working when I plug it in. I have noticed a couple of times it works prior to getting to the charger and then when I plug in, go to watch YouTube, Connected Services stops working. Anywhere from a couple of hours to a couple of days later it will start working again.

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think technically Fuse 21-22 are part of the Gateway Module and might be one to try first but if that doesn't work then Here is the Power cable I pulled for a sec which restarted a lot of components that got me up and running..

Below: When you remove the access panel in the Passenger Foot Well.

The Lower wire bundle that has the tan piece of tape and you can see one of the big Red wires on the far right. There is a release tab on the bottom of this connector. Just pull it and everything will shutdown. Plug it back in and give it a few mins for all the modules to boot up, etc. HOpe this works for you!
Hey there,

Just wanted to share that your advice here helped me fix this today. You did what Ford support could not. Thank you!

OP
OP
Dysan911

Dysan911

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Hey there,

Just wanted to share that your advice here helped me fix this today. You did what Ford support could not. Thank you!
Oh man that is awesome! Glad that trick resolved yours as well. I was just waiting for someone to post that unplugging that connector would cause the car to catch fire or spontaneously explode or something lol. :p

By chance did your auto wipers kick on when you unplugged yours? I think I had mine in the Auto Rain Sense position and when I unplugged that connector it probably powered off that module among a bunch of others.

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Oh man that is awesome! Glad that trick resolved yours as well. I was just waiting for someone to post that unplugging that connector would cause the car to catch fire or spontaneously explode or something lol. :p

By chance did your auto wipers kick on when you unplugged yours? I think I had mine in the Auto Rain Sense position and when I unplugged that connector it probably powered off that module among a bunch of others.
Here's the steps I took.

• Turned the car off.
  • Opened up the passenger footwell fuse box.
  • Disconnected the small harness you described, as well as all others. I left the fuses in.
  • I opened up the frunk and disconnected the 12v negative cable from terminal.
  • I waited ten minutes.
  • Reconnect all connections in fuse box
  • Reconnect 12v
  • Start car.
  • Turn off and turn back on connectivity menu options.
  • Open up FordPass and verify connectivity.

I did not have to reset FordPass, PaaK, uninstall/reinstall the app, or remove/add the car to FordPass.

No strange behaviors when restarting the car, thankfully.
Sponsored