Am I the only one that thinks a THREE year renewal for BC is incredibly stupid?

jdmrc93

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition in Grabber Blue
Occupation
IT Network Engineer
Country flag
I've had my MME for a bit over 2 years now. My trial of BC (free for a year(?) for Job 1 cars) is about to expire. I went on the Ford Options 4 year plan, and am still up in the air about keeping it past another 2 years... The EV space is changing rapidly and I may consider trading it in.

WHY do I have to pre-pay for THREE years? Why can't we do this one year at a time? If I renew, I'm effectively paying $200+Tax for something that I may not even use... @Ford Motor Company

I have no problem paying for a BC subscription. I have a problem pre-paying for something that I may not use. And, according to the T's & C's, it is non-refundable or transferrable.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Am I the only one that thinks a THREE year renewal for BC is incredibly stupid? BC
Sponsored

WildBillTV

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
holeinonebox.com
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Incredibly stupid. I have a job 1 car as well. Just got BC about 4 months ago but haven't even used it yet. I can't find any highways/roads around me that BC actually works on and mine is going to expire soon.

I definitely will not be paying/renewing something that I haven't even be able to test yet.

Personally, I think they need to add more roads/highways to BC before they can start asking customers to pay/renew it.

OP
OP
jdmrc93

jdmrc93

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition in Grabber Blue
Occupation
IT Network Engineer
Country flag
Incredibly stupid. I have a job 1 car as well. Just got BC about 4 months ago but haven't even used it yet. I can't find any highways/roads around me that BC actually works on and mine is going to expire soon.

I definitely will not be paying/renewing something that I haven't even be able to test yet.

Personally, I think they need to add more roads/highways to BC before they can start asking customers to pay/renew it.
I'm surrounded by highways and use it quite frequently for road trips. So I can justify the cost, just not ONLY three years. I can justify it one year at a time.

Fremont Kid

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach e Premium AWD
Occupation
Retired IT
Country flag
We use BC when driving on the freeway, i.e. Interstate highways, but I don't find the hands-free feature worth the subscription cost. May just be that I grew up using cruise control with hands on the steering wheel. I even installed early systems myself, which could be problematic because they were dependent on other physical components, e.g. magnets glued to the drive shaft or electronics, e.g. voltage regulator which would increase speed when wipers were activated because more current flowed. Ahh, the not-so-good old early-stage technology days.
BC is sooo much better, but still not worth the subscription costs to me. Pardon the trip down memory lane. ;)

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag

I have the same year and trim as you. Lucky we didn’t get nailed for $600 as included later in MSRP.

Where I live in CT, I get little use of BC. I will stay with the interactive cruise control when my trial expires.

What Ford needs to do is charge monthly on options and lease contracts instead of for 3 years

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I'm surprised that you only got 1 year? We got 3 years when we took delivery of our 2021 GT.
First half 2021s didn't come with it, then when they finally got it, instead of paying for 3 years, they got a year free as an apology.

There are over 130,000 miles of roads.

If you just got it 4 months ago, then it's not expiring soon. You got a year free.

We use BC when driving on the freeway, i.e. Interstate highways, but I don't find the hands-free feature worth the subscription cost. May just be that I grew up using cruise control with hands on the steering wheel. I even installed early systems myself, which could be problematic because they were dependent on other physical components, e.g. magnets glued to the drive shaft or electronics, e.g. voltage regulator which would increase speed when wipers were activated because more current flowed. Ahh, the not-so-good old early-stage technology days.
BC is sooo much better, but still not worth the subscription costs to me. Pardon the trip down memory lane. ;)
Just drove 2,960 miles, most of it handsfree. It's great!

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I've had my MME for a bit over 2 years now. My trial of BC (free for a year(?) for Job 1 cars) is about to expire. I went on the Ford Options 4 year plan, and am still up in the air about keeping it past another 2 years... The EV space is changing rapidly and I may consider trading it in.

WHY do I have to pre-pay for THREE years? Why can't we do this one year at a time? If I renew, I'm effectively paying $200+Tax for something that I may not even use... @Ford Motor Company

I have no problem paying for a BC subscription. I have a problem pre-paying for something that I may not use. And, according to the T's & C's, it is non-refundable or transferrable.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Am I the only one that thinks a THREE year renewal for BC is incredibly stupid? BC

Perhaps Ford is hoping/expecting you to buy another Ford product? If so, then I presume BC would be transferable to the new vehicle? Just guessing though.....not sure that is possible either.

At any rate, the $600 price point is pretty cheap compared to what I think other manufacturers are charging for their versions.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
There are over 130,000 miles of roads.

[/QUOTE]

Yes I'm sure there are in total, Unfortunately it is not anywhere near continuous in the PNW. There are lots of breaks every mile or two on the interstates I use it on.

I really like the feature, but...
  • would feel a lot better if my car got 1.2 (or even 1.1 :) )
  • the gaps in the maps (e.g. I-84,) were filled in

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
It would have been fine if BC was available when all '21 owners got their cars. The fact you can't get a refund if you trade-in/sell the vehicle definitely sucks. I bet they will change this eventually to a yearly subscription or even monthly.