Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Is this working reliably with wireless for all of you? My wife has a pixel 3 and I have a pixel 4 and we're finding the wireless Android auto to be super finicky. Very often the phone will say AA is connected and in the phone list it will say AA is connected, but when you try to actually go to it it simply displays that screen saying to use USB or pick the phone from the list.

In the phone list, disconnecting AA and reconnecting it often doesn't help, although sometimes it seems to.
When the car first powers up, it does take maybe 30 seconds for wireless AA to connect to my pixel 5. Thereafter it has worked flawlessly for me, although I haven't driven for more than an hour and a half. I use a keyfob all the time, although I did configure PaaK.
Sponsored

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I'm running Android 10 on my Samsung Note 9 and I've never gotten Android Auto to connect anyone got any ideas?

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I haven't had any issues with Android Auto connecting, but for the first week there was a weird quirk where it would start my audiobook from the beginning when I would press play, instead of from where it left off. Not sure if there was an update, but hasn't happened the last two weeks ?‍♂

Finkerton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME FE
Country flag
Update after a few weeks...two things:

1) We got an update to fix the "discharges low voltage battery when plugged in" issue at the dealer. When we thought back to the week before getting that update, both my wife and I think we had way fewer problems.

2) The issue for us seems to not be the AA isn't _connecting_, it's that the car display isn't _showing it_. The phone will say it's connected...we'll even get audio from AA, and if we hold the assistant button we'll get Google Assistant helping us. But the screen on the ME just says to connect a phone or hit Phone List. The only way to reliably get it to actually show the phone's screen is by going into phone list and hitting Disconnect Android Audio and Connect Android Auto between 1 and 5 times. This definitely seems like an issue on the ME side, which gives me hope it will get better at some point.

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
My Pixel 5 connects to AA fine. My issue is wireless charging stops on my phone after about 15 minutes. I think it's a heat issue form running AA and wireless charging. Phone phone continues to charge perfectly when I don't use AA.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
My Pixel 5 connects to AA fine. My issue is wireless charging stops on my phone after about 15 minutes. I think it's a heat issue form running AA and wireless charging. Phone phone continues to charge perfectly when I don't use AA.
I wouldn't be surprised if it's a heat issue.. both wireless AA and wireless charging cause a phone to heat up. So your phone might be cutting off charging to control temps

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
I usually can get Android Auto to connect.. but my problem is that after 10-15 minutes it often gets glitchy. The display will start running at like 5 fps and the audio starts cutting out

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
hmmm, interesting thought about the heat being the issue. I have the same phone and similar issue with it only charging for a while. Otherwise AA has always worked flawlessly for me, although Paak is a hot mess.

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
I usually can get Android Auto to connect.. but my problem is that after 10-15 minutes it often gets glitchy. The display will start running at like 5 fps and the audio starts cutting out
Maybe also phone heating issue?

06VistaGT

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E, '06 Mustang GT, '06 Explorer, '15 CRV
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
Samsung galaxy s10 here. Wireless AA has worked flawlessly and wireless charging has been near flawless. Looking at the battery history on the phone, the charger basically covers the loss while actively running AA. Which is exactly what I was hoping for...

I appreciate that everyone's experience is a bit different. While BT and AA work perfectly for me, I still cannot activate my car and the Ford engineers seem stumped...

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag