mdpmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium RWD SR Grabber Blue
Country flag
I upgraded to Android 13 on Pixel 6 Pro earlier today. Saw your update re: 8/20 version, upgraded to that version and my app still has notifications allowed as well.

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
J1 '21 Premium Ex RWD (Rapid Red)
Country flag
I upgraded to Android 13 on Pixel 6 Pro earlier today. Saw your update re: 8/20 version, upgraded to that version and my app still has notifications allowed as well.
Ok, as long as it works. Github or Play Store?

mdpmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium RWD SR Grabber Blue
Country flag

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Over the next few weeks/months I'm planning some enhancements to the widget's OTA information. Among them will be generating specific notifications when an OTA appears so you know when and what you should do. In order to do this I need to crowd source help from users here.

Version 2022.08.23 displays a new piece of info in the OTA View screen labeled "Alert Status". Why? I (finally) received the 22S41/22S29 recall OTA update last week and when looking through the log files noticed some relationship between the JSON values and what I had to do (turn the car on for a while, hit "Update Now" on the center display, etc), but didn't completely document it. For example, it appears that when "Alert Status" contains "UPDATE REMINDER", the update is ready but won't deploy until your scheduled time or until you select "Update Now".

I've attempted to document the various stages of OTA on the GitHub FAQ page but these have not been associated with what's actually happening in the car.

If anyone starts receiving an OTA update, I'd appreciate it if you would document the info contained in "Aggregate", "Detailed", and "Alert Status" in relationship to what occurred. For example, if you see Aggregate is "requested", does it stay that way until the car is on? Does it change to "request_delivery_queued" and/or "artifact_retrieval_in_progress" after you start the car? Once you've documented something, send me a DM with the info. Record as much details as possible.

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Uploaded version 2022.09.10 to GitHub and Play Store. But just in case people skim the change log (or get it from the Play Store), I've disabled trying to pull the OTA info. It will still display the last info that was stored prior to the API changing.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Uploaded version 2022.09.10 to GitHub and Play Store. But just in case people skim the change log (or get it from the Play Store), I've disabled trying to pull the OTA info. It will still display the last info that was stored prior to the API changing.
So I have not updated my widget in a very long time. Is the log-in issue solved so I can still connect with the new version? I am satisfied with how it has been working, which is why I didn't bother updating it.

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So I have not updated my widget in a very long time. Is the log-in issue solved so I can still connect with the new version? I am satisfied with how it has been working, which is why I didn't bother updating it.
In late June (?) there was an issue with log-in Ford changed the API. That's been fixed for two months, so you should be able to update without problems. However, if you're happy with everything the only issue with older versions is they'll be trying (and failing) to read the OTA info. I don't know if that will somehow anger the server gods.

Xweb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E Premium eAWD
Country flag
My widget has last refreshed 14 days ago. Any idea why it is not auto refreshing? I have it set to 30 mins. Anything I should look for?

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
My widget has last refreshed 14 days ago. Any idea why it is not auto refreshing? I have it set to 30 mins. Anything I should look for?
I was having the same issue and switched to the app on the Play Store. Works fine now.

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Have you tried logging in again? It might have lost the authentication token. If that's not the problem, grab a logfile and post it under a new issue on GitHub.

Last edited:

Xweb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E Premium eAWD
Country flag
Have you tried logging in again? It might have lost the authentication token. If that's not the problem, grab a logfile and post it under a new issue on GitHub.
That fixed it. Thanks.
Sponsored