kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
J1 '21 Premium Ex RWD (Rapid Red)
Country flag
Uploaded version 2024.02.18-10 to GitHub and Play Store. A single tap on the widget's plug icon will display the remaining kWh in the HVB. Now I don't have to break out my OBDII every time I want to read this.
Sponsored

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Any Australian Mach-E owners using the widget? I just got info for the VINs there and it's pretty close to the North American VINs, but wondering if it's working OK anyway.

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was thinking about adding support for languages besides English, and from the stats on Google Play it looks like the top four countries for installs are the US (65%), Canada (6%), Germany (6%), and Norway (%4). Unfortunately since I don't speak French, German, or Norwegian, it would be Google Translate to start and then corrections from user submissions.

Anyone with insights or opinions? Is it worth the time?

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I was thinking about adding support for languages besides English, and from the stats on Google Play it looks like the top four countries for installs are the US (65%), Canada (6%), Germany (6%), and Norway (%4). Unfortunately since I don't speak French, German, or Norwegian, it would be Google Translate to start and then corrections from user submissions.

Based on my discussions with European members in 2023 re: Euro trunk cargo ring parts for the Mach E, I understand that this car's greatest penetration in Europe then was Norway, then Germany, then Great Britain, with smaller to very small market presence in France, BeNeLux, Spain, Sweden, Poland and a smatter in other Euro countries. Norway exceeded the others by far.

Of course the above rankings do not reflect factors like population density... Norway might have had a large EV (and therefore Mach E) market share yet its population and therefore its relative market is tiny compared to, say, France or Germany.

Things might not have changed much in 2024 so far. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Papapoil

First Name
Stéphane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach E Select RWD Grabber Blue
Country flag

Definitely worth the time. Would be glad to help with the French 👍

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Definitely worth the time. Would be glad to help with the French 👍
Thanks. I need to do some work to consolidate the existing strings into a single resource file, then go from there with translations (I think).

SoriceConsulting

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sorice.com
Vehicles
2023 GTPE, Rapid Red
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
Any rumors about when Ford will release the public API so we can get the lock and start functions (and maybe more goodies)?

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks. I need to do some work to consolidate the existing strings into a single resource file, then go from there with translations (I think).
@Papapoil has tweaked the Google Translations of most messages, so I hope to push out the French localization in the next few days. Anyone game to review German and Norwegian translations?

Edit: also Spanish and Portuguese?

Last edited:

alangant

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE Rapid Red (ordered 10/22/21)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My 2022 GTPE has been at a dealer for over 3 weeks for the HVBJB recall. If the 12V battery info in this screenshot from the widget is correct, it looks like the dealer may have killed the life of the 12V battery (1%????)
Ford Mustang Mach-E Android Widget for Mach-E [Less Complex] Screenshot_20240324_165921_One UI Home

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My 2022 GTPE has been at a dealer for over 3 weeks for the HVBJB recall. If the 12V battery info in this screenshot from the widget is correct, it looks like the dealer may have killed the life of the 12V battery (1%????)
Ford Mustang Mach-E Android Widget for Mach-E [Less Complex] Screenshot_20240324_165921_One UI Home
The values reported are probably "correct" and (unfortunately) meaningless. I'd been meaning to post a question about this elsewhere on the forums; maybe @Mach-Lee has some insights.

My observations of the values reported from Ford's servers -- and confirmed with my OBDII reader -- is the LV battery voltage and SoC have no correlation. I've seen my battery at 14.9V and 51% SoC, and also 12.3V and 78% SoC. To quote the Chebacca Defense, "that does not make sense".

My guess is if you check the SoC on your Ford Account Dashboard it will show the same (1%), and your battery is probably OK (11.9V isn't great, but not completely dead). If the car is actually using this value to figure out when it's OK to deploy an OTA update, God help us all.

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Uploaded version 2024.03.23-16 to GitHub and Play Store. This adds support for French, a little German, and the starting bits for Norwegian, Spanish, and Portuguese. A ton of thanks to @Papapoil for his work in translating!

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
The values reported are probably "correct" and (unfortunately) meaningless. I'd been meaning to post a question about this elsewhere on the forums; maybe @Mach-Lee has some insights.

My observations of the values reported from Ford's servers -- and confirmed with my OBDII reader -- is the LV battery voltage and SoC have no correlation. I've seen my battery at 14.9V and 51% SoC, and also 12.3V and 78% SoC. To quote the Chebacca Defense, "that does not make sense".
Normal, voltage varies depending on many factors including whether or not the charging system was switched on at the last update. Voltage and SoC are not the same thing. See 12V Battery FAQ "Can I determine the SoC based on the voltage?" and the one below it.

Last edited:

su-ch+mache

First Name
carl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ford-suv-freunde.com
Vehicles
Escape MY17, Puma MY20, Mach E MY22 AWD ER TP2
Occupation
retired buyer
Country flag

@kennelh count on me for the German part
Sponsored