Electrical Engineer
Country flag

DJJeffT

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Grabber Blue (hers) & FE Carbonized Grey (his)
Country flag
Thanks to @DevSecOps for sharing the various assets with me. Here's the result of today's prototyping:

Screenshot.png

I need to tweak the proportions of things a little more, and add the door indicators.
Love the look of this! Nicely done.

jbotelho15

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Android Widget for Mach-E [Less Complex] Screenshot_20220125-141514_One UI Home
Ford Mustang Mach-E Android Widget for Mach-E [Less Complex] Screenshot_20220125-141433_Mach-E Info

What's this mean with the OTA? When I sit in the car it always says up to date but it isn't I do not have the sketch feature or any of the latest cool things that everyone else has, as far as I know there's nothing new from day one.

Bookworm214

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Premium Mach-Ex
Occupation
Retired Truck Driver
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Android Widget for Mach-E [Less Complex] Screenshot_20220125-141433_Mach-E Info

What's this mean with the OTA? When I sit in the car it always says up to date but it isn't I do not have the sketch feature or any of the latest cool things that everyone else has, as far as I know there's nothing new from day one.
Looks like yours is ready for an update sometime in the next week. I saw that a couple of weeks ago but mine failed seemingly because mine is one with multiple failures waiting on a fix from Ford.

Bookworm214

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Premium Mach-Ex
Occupation
Retired Truck Driver
Country flag
Thanks to @DevSecOps for sharing the various assets with me. Here's the result of today's prototyping:

I need to tweak the proportions of things a little more, and add the door indicators.
Any way to resize the widget? Mine is only a 4x3 size which makes the font difficult for my old eyes to read.

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
J1 '21 Premium Ex RWD (Rapid Red)
Country flag
For the brave (or... stupid) bleeding-edge users, I've just pushed the update using @DevSecOps's assets and layout. It's not identical to his (for example, I haven't used his so not sure what functionality I might be missing), but I think it's pretty close.

Plus, you know, things break, so upgrade today at your own peril.

One change I made is how it indicates open doors/frunk/trunk. Whatever is open will highlight in red. Open wIndows are indicated the same way as on his app (i.e., use an icon next to car image).

The three icons on the lower left should launch the app Settings, FordPass, and the ChargePoint Home app (if you have it). Anyone who uses a different charging app, feel free to DM me with info about it and I'll try to add some integration for them also.

The placement of all the elements in the widget was a challenge. They're pretty much all exactly positioned, and while it looks great on my phone, I have no idea what it will look like on other phones. If it doesn't look close to the image in the instructions, DM a screenshot to me.

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
J1 '21 Premium Ex RWD (Rapid Red)
Country flag
Any way to resize the widget? Mine is only a 4x3 size which makes the font difficult for my old eyes to read.
I made new widget 5x4, but because of how all the elements of the car image are positioned it's not possible to resize it. If it's still an issue after the update, I can look into making a larger layout.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Thanks for updating, it looks real nice. I do wish it could be sized but it's great.

lemmyslender

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Select AWD SR Comfort/Tech Rapid Red
Country flag
Looks great! props to @kennelh and @DevSecOps for great teamwork.

Oddly it seems my car doesn't update (phone home) often. For instance, the alarm rarely shows as on, unless i use FP toforce an update, then the widget shows the alarm as on when it updates.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Looks great! props to @kennelh and @DevSecOps for great teamwork.

Oddly it seems my car doesn't update (phone home) often. For instance, the alarm rarely shows as on, unless i use FP toforce an update, then the widget shows the alarm as on when it updates.
The car only reports back when events happen. I.e. door locking, alarm activation, start, stop etc. Window down and door open don't even report until a set time has gone by. Presumably because we always open and close doors and windows for short periods.

I'm doing a lot of testing on battery health by forcing refreshes. Until we know more and are confident that we won't kill LVB batteries that's just how it goes.

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
ChargePoint Home app (if you have it). Anyone who uses a different charging app, feel free to DM me with info about it
I can send a DM if you prefer, but any change of an electrify America button instead since I think that would be the next most popular aside from maybe plug share?

Astraea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMe Premium AWD ER
Country flag
This is how it looks on my S21+. Everything is very clear and crisp, not sure why N/A on doors though?
Edit: NVM that was for PSI and it just updated to show it! ?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Android Widget for Mach-E [Less Complex] Screenshot_20220125-233740_One UI Home

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
This is how it looks on my S21+. Everything is very clear and crisp, not sure why N/A on doors though?
Psssst... that's tire pressure not doors :)

Sometimes it just needs to be refreshed and it goes away

Astraea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMe Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Psssst... that's tire pressure not doors :)

Sometimes it just needs to be refreshed and it goes away
? Yep! It refreshed and showed up, I put an edit in my original post. I was impatient when I just updated the app and didn't give it time. My bad! ?

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
? Yep! It refreshed and showed up, I put an edit in my original post. I was impatient when I just updated the app and didn't give it time. My bad! ?
Just so everyone is aware, it takes about 5 minutes for the refresh to happen.

You request a refresh and it sends that refresh to the cloud, which then in turn queries the car, which takes a minute to respond, then it goes back to the phone. Even with FordPass it takes about the same amount of time.

The updates that are pushed by the car are actually really quick, so it's only when you query the refresh that it can take time.
Sponsored