Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 Infinite Blue
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
You sir are a hero. Great work. Easy setup, working perfect here.
Sponsored

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
Nice work. Works fine on a Note 20 Ultra.

chrisGT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-e GT
Country flag
Nice work. It worked fine on Samsung Galaxy s20.

I have a question about the pulled data. After I logged in the data I saw (HVB Soc, LVB SoC, etc) was not the latest. It was the data from when the car was on last time (i.e. when I parked it). I guess that is because that was the last time the car send data to Ford servers.

However, the data was outdated, and it did not show the latest SoC after charging the car even if I triggered an update. I am not sure if the pull request from the widget forces the Ford Servers to get latest data from the car like Fordpass app does.

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
J1 '21 Premium Ex RWD (Rapid Red)
Country flag
Nice work. It worked fine on Samsung Galaxy s20.

I have a question about the pulled data. After I logged in the data I saw (HVB Soc, LVB SoC, etc) was not the latest. It was the data from when the car was on last time (i.e. when I parked it). I guess that is because that was the last time the car send data to Ford servers.

However, the data was outdated, and it did not show the latest SoC after charging the car even if I triggered an update. I am not sure if the pull request from the widget forces the Ford Servers to get latest data from the car like Fordpass app does.
There is a bug where if a request from the servers fails it can get stuck not attempting to refresh the access token. If you can get a logcat and send to me in a PM, I can double-check if that's the case.

I also just pushed an update to GitHub which should fall back to always refreshing the token; let me know if that fixes your problem, too.

DJJeffT

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Grabber Blue (hers) & FE Carbonized Grey (his)
Country flag
Well done. Easy install on S20+ with Android 12.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
After tonesto7's posted his fantastic widget for iOS, I became interested in trying to do something similar for Android. It's been a few years since I did any coding for Android, and never anything involving widgets or network access. I only wanted something to let me see info on my car, and wanted to use graphics more than text where possible. I've decided to "release" the results on GitHub of a month's work for anyone who wants to use and/or expand.

Right now it’s only set up to access Ford’s US servers. If anyone outside the US is interested in using it I’ll try to expand that functionality when I can (I need to read tonesto7’s code more closely to see how that works).

At this time I don't want to hassle with putting the app on Google Play, so you need to be comfortable sideloading the APK on your phone. That means you need to trust that nothing nefarious is happening in it.

Two other stipulations:
  1. I'm open to suggestions for improvements, but since this just something to do in my spare time please don't expect any requests to be implemented immediately, if at all (for example, right now I have no interest in Ford vehicles other than my Mach-E). If anyone wants to actively join in on development, I'd be more than happy to give access to the project.
  2. My phone is a Pixel 5 running Android 12, so it's only being extensively tested there. I've created virtual devices running Android 10 and 11 for additional testing, but nothing earlier than that, so if you're using an older version of Android there are no guarantees.
Awesome! I'm actually working on an app myself, so we'll have some options for Android finally :)

RVAtom

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Very interesting that this morning when I installed this widget, the OTA update info was about the update that was installed a few weeks ago, and now it shows me as queued for 2.3.0, "requesst_delivery_queued".

SoriceConsulting

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sorice.com
Vehicles
2023 GTPE, Rapid Red
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
No luck for me :^(
Install went fine on my Samsung A52.

However, after Ford login (tried several times and use a password manager so I know login info is correct, just did a copy/paste), widget won't update. No errors, it is just stuck at what I assume is the stock initial screen? Thinks I'm in Dearborn Michigan and last refresh is stuck at 4 hours ago.

Range looks great though, as it is 14 degrees here in NJ... :^)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Android Widget for Mach-E [Less Complex] 1642801333801

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
J1 '21 Premium Ex RWD (Rapid Red)
Country flag
No luck for me :^(
Install went fine on my Samsung A52.

However, after Ford login (tried several times and use a password manager so I know login info is correct, just did a copy/paste), widget won't update. No errors, it is just stuck at what I assume is the stock initial screen? Thinks I'm in Dearborn Michigan and last refresh is stuck at 4 hours ago.

Range looks great though, as it is 14 degrees here in NJ... :^)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Android Widget for Mach-E [Less Complex] 1642801333801
The instructions have a screenshot of the widget; you actually have to install the widget on your phone's screen.

SoriceConsulting

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sorice.com
Vehicles
2023 GTPE, Rapid Red
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
Oooh. Sorry - I'm not a phone guy - thought I could just open the app. Installed the widget and it works - just hope my car is in the driveway and not at the address it says - that one is about an eighth of a mile away...

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag

chrisGT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-e GT
Country flag
There is a bug where if a request from the servers fails it can get stuck not attempting to refresh the access token. If you can get a logcat and send to me in a PM, I can double-check if that's the case.

I also just pushed an update to GitHub which should fall back to always refreshing the token; let me know if that fixes your problem, too.
It still does not forces the car to send the latest data. It just shows the last values the car sent to the Ford servers.
If I use Fordpass to pull latest info then the widget also gets it at next refresh. But the widget itself does not force the car to send up to date data.
I did not see any errors in logcat.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
It still does not forces the car to send the latest data. It just shows the last values the car sent to the Ford servers.
If I use Fordpass to pull latest info then the widget also gets it at next refresh. But the widget itself does not force the car to send up to date data.
I did not see any errors in logcat.
There's a couple of us trying to figure out how to force the car to report back data to the mother ship.

What we currently know for all MMEs is that they don't report data while being driven. A few people have managed to get their cars to report while driving but until we are confident on how that is triggered I'll stay quiet. Certain events like while charging report back on a timed basis (15 minutes). When a vehicle is locked or unlocked it reports.

So stay turned we are looking into ways to trigger updates more frequently from the car to the mother ship.

Djmc321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
For what it's worth, I appear to be getting more recent updates with this latest version. Before the 'last updated' text would display hours into the past and I'd have to re-enter the log in/manually force refresh. Thanks for the fix!