kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
They've realised they almost crashed their reputation by saying there wouldn't be an upgrade path for the sync 4 mache's to andriod.

Talk about making it up as they go along!
I think its a typical case of Management makes a decison, PR getting ahead of themselves and makes announcement, and everyone not thinking about the repercussions.
Sponsored

Last edited:

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I think its a typical case of Management makes a decison, PR getting ahead of themselves and makes announcement, and everyone not thinking about the repercussions.
Someone may have pointed someone at Ford to this thread on this forum . . . Just sayin’ - Ford is paying attention to what customers are saying at least and that is a good thing. Hopefully they will start thinking ahead more. ?

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Someone may have pointed someone at Ford to this thread on this forum . . . Just sayin’ - Ford is paying attention to what customers are saying at least and that is a good thing. Hopefully they will start thinking ahead more. ?
Youre probably right, seeing ppl not wanting to buy and lease or drop it completely may have attracted some attention

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
Does anyone know what processor Ford is using to power the infotainment system? Would like to know if it has enough headroom to support future upgrades, or if it is just enough to run the existing software.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Does anyone know what processor Ford is using to power the infotainment system? Would like to know if it has enough headroom to support future upgrades, or if it is just enough to run the existing software.
Id be very surprised if its not a tegra. Could be the newer intel or amd but majority use the nvidia tegra

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well ill be...its made in house. The previous gens were made by Continental, but they are now making them in house. Apparently this gem has double the computing power of Sync 3 cars. And just to confirm, heres a job posting I found
https://ford.gr8people.com/jobs/5069/ivi-system-architect

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I hope it's the 65C816. Lots of happy times with that CPU.

Well ill be...its made in house. The previous gens were made by Continental, but they are now making them in house. Apparently this gem has double the computing power of Sync 3 cars. And just to confirm, heres a job posting I found
https://ford.gr8people.com/jobs/5069/ivi-system-architect
What is it that you read on this job posting which lead you to the conclusion that the processor is made in house? I read it but don't see what you're seeing.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Knowing Ford, they'd still somehow manage to only give it like 2 MB of RAM instead of the full 16 MB it can actually address.

stroszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Saab 92x
Country flag
As long as they keep the system stable/secure and Apple carplay works well I'm not sure what OS updates that don't require new hardware I would want after 3 years.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Knowing Ford it they'd still somehow manage to only give it like 2 MB of RAM instead of the full 16 MB it can actually address.
My setup had 1.25 MB... It was plenty. Cooling was an issue. Need to get air flow moving to prevent from overheating. Shouldn't be any issue for Ford to deal with that, though.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

What is it that you read on this job posting which lead you to the conclusion that the processor is made in house? I read it but don't see what you're seeing.
It was in conjunction with another article that mentioned it was a proprietary system that was no longer from continental ag. Given also the fact that the MME is not suffering from the chip shortage, it seems that everything points to it being in house. Its probably still using an arm processor but the whole circuit seems to be in house. I may be wrong but there's no info about it anywhere.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

I know they are still using PowerPc processors for the ECU. But thats as much as I found

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
Youre probably right, seeing ppl not wanting to buy and lease or drop it completely may have attracted some attention
So they give a bit of a "maybe" now and then in a couple of years when it comes to making a decision they don't announce any upgrade path for existing mache cars. When someone asks they say they tried but it wasn't possible. Simple management of customer expectations.

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
Id be very surprised if its not a tegra. Could be the newer intel or amd but majority use the nvidia tegra
I believe they are using systems from Visteon, since the driver display in F-150, the regular Mustang, and Mach E are from them. The 2 choices of infotainment systems are what Ford has talked about, an HTML5 version, and Android future version.

https://www.visteon.com/products/infotainment/

Regular Mustang driver display.
https://www.visteon.com/newsroom/20...ter-with-class-leading-graphics-capabilities/
Sponsored