Another competitor: Sony Vision-S

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
I remember some years ago when the pundits were saying “Why the hell does Apple want to make cell phones. It’s a commodity market with no money to be made.”
Lets see what Sony comes up with. I do agree that their first attempt seems a bit pedestrian.
The Taycan-esque sedan style is nicer than the SUV, in my opinion. Since the EV market is relatively new, it's no surprise many will enter to try for a piece of the market. Otherwise they may be left behind, at least Sony has a history of computer interface design, which is what many complain about from traditional car companies. Magna will do the car part.

https://www.sony.com/en/SonyInfo/vision-s/assets/entry/14/1.jpg?2
Sponsored

OP
OP
RedStallion

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
The Taycan-esque sedan style is nicer than the SUV, in my opinion. Since the EV market is relatively new, it's no surprise many will enter to try for a piece of the market. Otherwise they may be left behind, at least Sony has a history of computer interface design, which is what many complain about from traditional car companies. Magna will do the car part.

https://www.sony.com/en/SonyInfo/vision-s/assets/entry/14/1.jpg?2
What I find interesting, which nobody seems to notice, that the car has four Lidars. Those are expensive components and require high performance computing and complex software. None of the other EV manufacturers include that. Only companies developing autonomous vehicles use Lidars, because there is no way to achieve a reliable autonomy without them.
I'm not sure if Sony just casually advertising those sensors w/o any plans of including them or maybe they have plans for developing sophisticated autonomous driving.