Another one bites the dust: Premium AWD Extended Range HVBJB failure: 2021 Job 2

OP
OP

jbirdzee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro ER
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
sorry you are dealing with this. I am planning to drive my GT from Ohio to Syracuse in a few weeks. I hope that "hill" does not cause me the same issue
If you have the recall software, I wouldn't even give it a second thought. I am glad I had the recall software installed on mine. My service date isn't coming up until 9/19. The car is still drivable today and it maintained highway speed (with severely restricted throttle response) after the service vehicle soon warning
Sponsored

OP
OP

jbirdzee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro ER
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Wanted to give an update on mine.

On 9/6 I scheduled my service visit for 9/19 with Towne Ford of Orchard Park, NY. On 9/7 the tech from the dealership called me to say he read over the repair request - he asked for my VIN so he could read my codes remotely - and wanted to get the parts on order because he said they could take a while.

I didn't stop driving the car. It turned on every time I needed it to but just had the reduced power. I racked up about 200mi over the past two weeks with short trips here and there somewhat close to home. I didn't chance any expressway driving and most errands were on <=45mph roads just to be sure.

I had my appointment yesterday (9/19) - first visit to the dealership. They started working on my car when they opened, and called me at the end of the day to say the work was completed.

I would like to express my gratitude to @DevSecOps for all of hishelp, and general support/dedication to all of us in this forum pretty much all of the time.

Props to Towne Ford, Orchard Park NY for taking care of me - I hope this helps someone else in the Buffalo area if they need this work done.

FYI: I did call the BEV number at 1-800-392-3673 to get a case number assigned right after this happened. I did not have any correspondence with them after that initial call - so I have no idea if that helped.[/USER]

Last edited:

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Good to see you got your fix relatively quick @jbirdzee. My dealer was great about letting me stop by to read the code and get the process started but parts looks to be my limiting factor so far. I am continuing to drive the car but keeping it local. No I-81 or I-90 until it’s fixed. Hoping that keeps the car running until a new HVBJB shows up to Watertown.

pti

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD Extended
Occupation
attorney
Country flag
I had my appointment yesterday (9/19) - first visit to the dealership. They started working on my car when they opened, and called me at the end of the day to say the work was completed.
Did they do an HVBJB replacement then?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I just got a call from the dealer (Pacifico Marple) about my appointment scheduled for tomorrow. Thankfully, they appear to read what owners write in requests for service and wanted to get more info before I came in.

As wholly expected, they can't actually service it tomorrow since they don't have the parts, but also don't seem to want/need me to bring the car in until they are prepared, which is good. (I expected at least one wasted appointment.)

The service rep seemed to have no familiarity with the issue, but I did reiterate the information I provided in the service request about the TSB and the Ford BEV case, which seemed to put him on the right track to "discuss this with our service manager and our EV tech." ("EV tech" ominously singular.)
Keep us posted on the status of your repair with Pacifico Marple on this issue. They’re my dealer too. I’m hoping I don’t have this issue (but I do have an early build job 1 so 🤷‍♂️)

OP
OP

jbirdzee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro ER
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag