Mosworthy

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD SR
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Another One Bites the Dust - HVBJB Screenshot_20220916-102916_FordPass
Well, a few days ago on the way to work I got the dreaded wrench pop up...
Phoned the dealer for an appointment and was told today it's the HVBJB.
Dealer is keeping the car until fixed with absolutely no ETA on part delivery and repair.

I've had my Premium AWD SR since November.
I rarely push the car or throttle up. I have fun with it, but don't drag off every light.
I have DCFC a total of six times on a trip in May, and that's it.
I live in northern BC Canada, it's not hot up here, and it was about 10°C when it occurred.
I received the OTA software "fix" over a month ago.

It seems none of us are safe.

Looking for advice on what is the next step. The dealer is providing a rental, but am I on the hook for gas this whole time?
Any idea on length of waits, specifically in Canada?
What is my recourse?
Sponsored

Rich_Maine

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, Toyota Prius Prime
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This is just so awful! I have a job 1, no dcfc and drive it like grandmother, afraid to travel long distance. This isn't why I bought a mustang.

Needs to be a recall to correct before getting stranded.

Tyldum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
I'm in EU, but it took 4 weeks to get the parts and the work was 1.5 days. Completed today.

I got the wrench and SVS in mid July. Ford cleared the DTCs and I drove just as before for 2 months without problems.

Others are not so lucky.

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I do not know if there is a Canada version of the BEV team, but I believe they would be a separate team and separate phone number to contact from the USA numbers you see here a lot. I suspect parts are available in Canada, but you are probably anywhere from a few days to two weeks before the parts come in. As you have probably already seen here once the parts come in the next hurdle is getting time set aside at the dealer ship to get the parts installed. In my case (currently ongoing) it was two weeks to get the part in and then another two weeks before the dealer could schedule time to install the new part.

OP
OP
Mosworthy

Mosworthy

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD SR
Country flag
I'm in EU, but it took 4 weeks to get the parts and the work was 1.5 days. Completed today.

I got the wrench and SVS in mid July. Ford cleared the DTCs and I drove just as before for 2 months without problems.

Others are not so lucky.
I was hoping this would be me as well. The car was driving fine, but the dealer won't give it back.

Southern92

First Name
Jeffery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 BMW i3
Country flag
I have to admit this Russian-Roulette "when will my HVBJB fail" issue, & Ford's lacking response, has me concerned. I know many feel "drive it till it breaks & get the new part", but I feel more & more that this is a f*@ked up position for Ford to take. I haven't sold my GTPE yet because:
1. Budgetary constraints will not allow for the 2023 prices hikes
2. I actually like the car
3. Don't mind being an early adopter, pending manufacturer's response to issues
I'm also concerned the value of the current batch of MME will drop.

I know there is no real answer to many of my concerns (I.E. I'm just venting)
Sponsored