Replaced the HVBJB - yesterday HVBJB broke

Mache_Nor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE LR RWD
Country flag
As title mentions. In march 2022 I got delivery of a Mach e Extended Range RWD, produced summer / autumn of 2021 (according to dealer). Some time later, around end of summer I believe (2022) I had to take the car in for a replacement of the HVBJB module (here in Norway everyone got recall).

Yesterday after a trip to the shop: “stop safely”, and could not even move the car what so ever (we did try to charge the 12V battery to see if that helped, alas no help).

My use pattern is to drive the car like a granny, keeping it between 20-80%, always connected to charger, almost never fast charging and daily drive of about 140 km (it’s been driven 73 000km).

So, what can we do about it? Is it just to be expected that sooner or later everyone’s car will get this error? As mentioned the HVBJB was replaced, thus I am not confident in the fix. Troublesome too is that the warranty runs out at 100 000 km, which means it will be an huge repair bill when you have to pay for it yourself :/
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mache_Nor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE LR RWD
Country flag
Ah, thanks for insight! Will wait until dealer can confirm it 100%. If it’s not the HVBJB then that is good, but at same time worrisome if something else broke hehe. Got no warning prior - went into shop and came back to a fanfare / salute of new sounds and a bricked car.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Unfortunately it does appear that the replacement HVBJB ‘s also fail but at a significantly lowered rate. There have been many reported on the forum. Ford should at least warranty the replacement for some realistic period of time.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I wonder if your dealer didn't do the software required after replacing the HVBJB, that is more likely the case than an immediate failure

OP
OP

Mache_Nor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE LR RWD
Country flag
Wouldn’t be surprised, they know less than me about the car hehe!

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
I just had mine replaced at 27k. The best thing I did was contact the BEV team and have them open a case. They will then contact your dealer and grease all the wheels. I had mine done along with a bunch of other things like replacing both mirror motors and th brake wire harness. Took 1 wk to get everything done. BEV team was great.

OP
OP

Mache_Nor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE LR RWD
Country flag
Good tip thanks! Who is this BEV team? And are they operational in places such as Norway?

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
Good tip thanks! Who is this BEV team? And are they operational in places such as Norway?
I don't know if ford has a BEV team in Norway. I would hope so. Call Ford's main Norway customer service number and ask for the BEV (battery EV) team.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
If I recall correctly, I think there was a forum member that made it all the way to 50k miles before getting the HVBJB fault.

gordonf238

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD, Ext. range
Country flag
Does the current fix actually work or is it just a temporary band aid? I know they just sent out another recall notice stating that the previous fix of this issue may not fully mitigate it.

Addos

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach E AWD
Country flag
Such a joke that you have to involve the "BEV team" to get the work done properly. The dealership should be proactively contacting the BEV team on the customer's behalf. Instead of having to have a customer do it because the dealership is lost or confused.

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
If I recall correctly, I think there was a forum member that made it all the way to 50k miles before getting the HVBJB fault.
Wow. So you think there’s only one known member who made 50k miles on an old HVBJB? Never knew it was impacting the vast majority of vehicles. Are you sure about that?
Sponsored