Any bounciness on NJ Tpk (from 78E) to GWB to Cross Bronx to Throgs Neck?

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
Don't have my MME yet but I had occasion to take this route the other day in my Audi and noticed a bunch of sections with expansion joints (couldn't tell they were concrete or whitish asphalt) and remembered the various posts about the bouncy ride on such roads. My Audi seemed OK--I felt the bumps but they were well damped with no oscillations. Just curious if any folks in this group have noticed excessive bounce on that route.
Sponsored

figmentsas

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang Eco Vert, 2021 MachE Premium ER-AWD
Country flag
I sometimes drive Sprain Brook to west CrossBronx to cross GWB into NJ or Sprain Brook to east Cross Bronx to the WhitestoneBridge. Yes, ride quality is bumpy. Though being the driver or having a front passenger, we notice the bumpiness, but it isn't too bad. However, rear seat passengers (at least in my car), they feel jostled and the bumpiness is bad up to the point of feeling a bit car sick.

MachEUser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
The roads in our area are awful so can't blame the vehicle fully. I find that Mach E does have some bumpiness but it is better than other Fords but maybe not quite up to par with a luxury vehicle which you might expect given the price. Don't know but the weight may also be an issue in all this.
Sponsored