Any chance of a metal replacement (mod) for the volume knob?

alockbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
F150 lighting volume knob. Why ford made different textures?
Oh, crazy idea. If it possible to made knob kit done with this texture in Copper color to match rest of GT interior. I’m excited to hear a response from @AOSK.
457D8E9C-8B0B-4040-BCBA-4EEE2B241CAA.jpeg

gear
709AE722-2CB5-49C3-9561-8EC07BCFE5F7.jpeg

light
A6DC918C-83F4-4BB9-8D07-E88C05A9E9AB.jpeg
I love AOSK, but I don't think they'd end up doing a copper one. I submitted a request a long time ago to have the interior trim mats (with colored outline) available in copper outline to match the GT interior. I believe they have red, white, maybe even blue, but no copper. Red goes with the FE, white goes with a few models including GTPE, but nothing for the GT. I ended up just getting the all black set. That being said, I'd love these three dials in copper along with the interior trim.

OP
OP

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
A small update here, and we want to collect some opinions.
some owners mentioned that the one on Ford GT has more texture than our design, and we designed another version to do a comparison image.
let me know which one is the one to go!

And we might use zinc alloy on this product so that we can reduce the retail price of this item!

(sample below is 3d printed and paint)

original design

00ff0f54d918debf3d0ece6e7507c38.jpg

1ad5aa854296aaa45b9da55ac067889.jpg

add2866e2230aac62cef7a8f8583597.jpg

more texture
1e1d791dfc21ad4471c7a6421855522.jpg

aa5c436a2a6e41dadf670a0cea2182d.jpg

f3ee692f2fbe9582b0bba57bdb8c03a.jpg

The Volume Knob

Original Design
9e54a333ab909285af5f75c31cf9d92.jpg

7c3d811a68e7b2e79dcda09bb18a30c.jpg

More Texture
af82f0e1a25fdefdf14a77c21122260.jpg

3b30bec58afbe6d917b60758b9bf9cc.jpg
Both styles look amazing, but my vote is the less textured one. Thank you AOSK!

Engelbert

First Name
Engelbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium XR AWD
Country flag
My take: I'm definitely a fan of the more textured knob for the gear selector, and I'm pretty ambivalent about the volume knob, so I guess I would want it to match the gear selector (i.e., have more texture).

Both of the OEM knobs have a finer texture around their edges, and I guess I don't see a lot of reason to move too far away from that. In fact I like the physical dimensions of the existing knobs and their textures quite a bit.... just not the plastic feel of their surfaces and their light plastic weights.

It took me a few minutes to fully comprehend that while the photos above are of a 3D printed plastic-looking prototype material, the upgraded knob covers would (probably?) at least have a metallic surface, if not being metal throughout. Again, my experience only, but I find that metal controls don't need the larger-dimension texture that is sometimes helpful in plastic for both tactile and visual reasons. A finer grade in metal looks more refined and appropriate IMO. If the texture was even finer, I'd be good with that too!

My 2 cents, anyway.

Last edited:

hb45

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Ext AWD, Dark Mater Grey
Country flag
Less textured for me, I also wouldn’t want it in black and would only buy one in silver or copper…

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Less textured for me, I also wouldn’t want it in black and would only buy one in silver or copper…
What's the point of silver when the current one is silver? They've already said this will be a bit pricey for them to even do so I think they'd be sticking with one color.

OP
OP

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
What's the point of silver when the current one is silver? They've already said this will be a bit pricey for them to even do so I think they'd be sticking with one color.
Agreed. I'm personally a big fan of the satin black that Mark showed on page 1.

hb45

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Ext AWD, Dark Mater Grey
Country flag
Well it is about personal taste and I would prefer a silver one with a heavier and more quality feel. Why would you want a black one, it cheapen the interior.

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
I love AOSK, but I don't think they'd end up doing a copper one. I submitted a request a long time ago to have the interior trim mats (with colored outline) available in copper outline to match the GT interior. I believe they have red, white, maybe even blue, but no copper. Red goes with the FE, white goes with a few models including GTPE, but nothing for the GT. I ended up just getting the all black set. That being said, I'd love these three dials in copper along with the interior trim.
this sounds good, i will try to see if i could do that, and color code that i could refer to?

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
wow, this is a hard one, the vote for both designs is almost 50/50, I will go for my personal preference then.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
wow, this is a hard one, the vote for both designs is almost 50/50, I will go for my personal preference then.
Honestly, we’re not going to lose either way. Odds are high I’ll get a set regardless of your choice. What the worst that can happen? I decide to take the off. Not a big deal.

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
They both looked great, if they end up in black count me in.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I know AOSK is looking into making covers for our Mach-E's but I decided to reach out to Kevin at 5 SPURS too. He is open to making the Shifter and Volume Knob covers in Aluminum and Anodized in different colors like the GT500 covers he currently makes. He said pricing would be under $100 for the set if we can make the numbers work.

I have been very happy with the GT500 cover I've had for over 2 years. I ordered another one to use on my Mach-E gear shifter knob and received it last week. While the size is a bit large for the Mach-E knob, it looks great but above all feels much better. I know a custom sized knob will look even better and looking forward to a matching volume cover. I told Kevin to put me down for his first set.
Sponsored