Anyone else experiencing any EV hate after getting your Mach E?

DennisD

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Driving School Instructor
Country flag
I live in a state where we have political candidates make statements like this: 😄

It is pretty apparent that his followers will repeat this rhetoric when they weren't even thinking about it last week. It is just the country that we live in. 🤷‍♂️
I live in Nebraska (which is more red than our Football Team ;) ), and I feel your pain. I don't know why in many instances, this has become a right/left issue? If someone is driving a vehicle that makes no to very little sound and is saving gas (which in turn would make it lower in cost to buy for them), I can't for the life of me know why they would hate said person? Bullying 101. Hate because others said to hate. No need to think on your own, just hate and repeat the mantra.

Btw, we also have "stupid" candidates running in Nebraska but Walker was hit in the head playing Football maybe one too many times. o_O
Sponsored

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
I live in Nebraska (which is more red than our Football Team ;) ), and I feel your pain. I don't know why in many instances, this has become a right/left issue? If someone is driving a vehicle that makes no to very little sound and is saving gas (which in turn would make it lower in cost to buy for them), I can't for the life of me know why they would hate said person? Bullying 101. Hate because others said to hate. No need to think on your own, just hate and repeat the mantra.

Btw, we also have "stupid" candidates running in Nebraska but Walker was hit in the head playing Football maybe one too many times. o_O
I think people, unfortunately, conflate redneck with conservative. It's more coincidental than true. I'm no where near a redneck, and would never own a pickup or a gun but do consider myself leaning more to the right.

DennisD

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Driving School Instructor
Country flag
I think people, unfortunately, conflate redneck with conservative. It's more coincidental than true. I'm no where near a redneck, and would never own a pickup or a gun but do consider myself leaning more to the right.
I can see that point. Not all Conservatives are rednecks but I would guess that 99.99% of the rednecks are Conservative.

Some of my closest friends are Conservatives and in general, very nice people that don't hate on the EV owners.

I do however have some "redneck" relatives that are extremely stupid though. They tend to hate anything progressive and hate the EV vehicles as well. I need to get a DNA test to see if I am actually blood related. 😧

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I come from the redneck side of our family. My mom was the second Miss Chinatown in San Francisco. I’m a Poodle who hunts duck, pheasant, quail, dove, and the occasional goose. My daily driver is an MME. Talk about confused! 🤪🐩

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I live in a state where we have political candidates make statements like this: 😄

It is pretty apparent that his followers will repeat this rhetoric when they weren't even thinking about it last week. It is just the country that we live in. 🤷‍♂️
making fun of walker feels like punching down now, the dude is obviously not well, which makes sense why they are running him for Senate lol

OP
OP
Olds442

Olds442

First Name
Olds
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GT, '22 Premium Ex AWD
Occupation
sales
Country flag
I’m a Poodle who hunts duck, pheasant, quail, dove, and the occasional goose. 🤪🐩
my mutt has a scorecard:
3 squirrels
2 rabbits
1 chicken
1 hawk

the hawk was last week. she didn't kill it, but injured it i believe. it managed to fly off, which was a relief. but i had doubts it has/had much of a future after that.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone else experiencing any EV hate after getting your Mach E? IMG_4023 (1).JPG

managed a pic before it made it's way out.

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag
The top 5 crude oil exporters to the USA in 2021 were (in order, highest to lowest): Canada, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Columbia.

2022 will look quite different. In the meantime though, you need to blame those pesky Canadians. Or something. ;)
Trust me, the Canadians would rather keep and refine our own Petroleum products. But we keep shipping out our raw resources, and buying them back at an unreasonable price. Regular 87 Octane is $8.48 USD per Gallon here….

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
I've had a few people drive maliciously around me but nothing super noteworthy.

Mostly had folks come up pretending to be curious only to quickly shift to making accusations against EVs. Gotten worse lately as the right is pushing harder against EVs.

What worries me most is how combative some people are. They can act straight up rabid. I haven't had any issues yet myself, knock on wood, but I do fear the continued rhetoric making us targets.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I come from the redneck side of our family. My mom was the second Miss Chinatown in San Francisco. I’m a Poodle who hunts duck, pheasant, quail, dove, and the occasional goose. My daily driver is an MME. Talk about confused! 🤪🐩
Once upon a time I was in Anchorage for the ceremonial start of the Iditarod Race. I had worked all night the day before from Asia and was groggy when I looked out my window bright and way too early in the morning. I could’ve sworn I saw a sled across the street (near the start) and it had nothing but standard poodles. So, I threw my winter clothes on and trudge on over there because obviously I needed coffee. I got coffee on the way out of the hotel and nope, my eyes weren’t lying, it was a team of standard poodles. Poodles in the Iditarod! I ended up talking to some nice lady* in a full length fur coat for quite awhile about just this
thing we were seeing.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone else experiencing any EV hate after getting your Mach E? 1664917531833

* Dorthy Hamill as it turned out. I was too tired to notice it was her (at least until someone asked for her autograph). Besides, we were bundled up.

Last edited:

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
In over a year and a half of ownership, I've mostly gotten people approaching me in the parking lot to inform me that it's not a real Mustang.
The "original" comments are so played out, I now just eyeroll so hard that my eyeballs rotate completely 360 degrees around

Edit: I owned two "real" mustangs before this and drove them for 12 years. This is a real mustang, just the same -- because it's a brand that Ford owns.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
In over a year and a half of ownership, I've mostly gotten people approaching me in the parking lot to inform me that it's not a real Mustang.
The "original" comments are so played out, I now just eyeroll so hard that my eyeballs rotate completely 360 degrees around

Edit: I owned two "real" mustangs before this and drove them for 12 years. This is a real mustang, just the same -- because it's a brand that Ford owns.
Exactly. If they want something to complain that's not a real Mustang, I just had this come in the mail.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone else experiencing any EV hate after getting your Mach E? 1664919323173