TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Aha, do you think the driver profile needs to be saved again after the changes? Not sure I saved an SXM profile.
I don't think there is a "Save" button in for driver profile settings. As long as you're using your driver profile (i.e. enter the car with your fob or PAAK and your avatar appears at the top), it should just remember all settings the way you last left them. And 95% of the settings do.

I'll have to look at the SXM profile thing too. I remember seeing that in the menus but didn't do anything with it.
Sponsored

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I didn't see anyone mention SiriusXM while using the app vs. in-car radio. I hate the sound of the in-car radios for SiriusXM so I switched over to an app subscription years ago. The sound quality is much improved (similar to Spotify and Apple Music) and I don't have to worry about moving my subscription to my new car. I once left an old car active for over a year....

Switch to the app folks. It's superior in every single way (on-demand programming alone is reason enough). Control the app via CarPlay or Android Auto. I won't add a subscription to car radio ever again.
The SiriusXM tab in the vehicle can actually stream as well. Once while sitting in the garage connected to my wifi, the sirius screen had a new button "Switch to Streaming" and it then started using my wifi to steam and was better quality. Its possible this works if you enable the in-car hotspot as well. Or maybe if you just connect your sync to your phone's hotspot. I haven't messed with it too much because I also use Android Auto for most of my music. Especially now that its wireless.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
I don't think there is a "Save" button in for driver profile settings. As long as you're using your driver profile (i.e. enter the car with your fob or PAAK and your avatar appears at the top), it should just remember all settings the way you last left them. And 95% of the settings do.

I'll have to look at the SXM profile thing too. I remember seeing that in the menus but didn't do anything with it.
Just came from playing in the car AGAIN. My wife is so sick of it. LOL. There is not a separate save button for the driver profile. I had to make a small adjustment to the seat anyway, so I hit save on the door. Not sure if that will do anything with the radio though. I also saved an SXM profile which I wasn't aware of. Hopefully, one of the saves will work. Don't care which.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
The SiriusXM tab in the vehicle can actually stream as well. Once while sitting in the garage connected to my wifi, the sirius screen had a new button "Switch to Streaming" and it then started using my wifi to steam and was better quality. Its possible this works if you enable the in-car hotspot as well. Or maybe if you just connect your sync to your phone's hotspot. I haven't messed with it too much because I also use Android Auto for most of my music. Especially now that its wireless.
Do we only get 3 months of Hotspot access?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone underwhelmed by B&O system... Screenshot_20210304-092534_Chrome

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Yeah, 3 Month/3gb whichever you hit first.

After that its either $10 a month or $20 a month. I've seen it priced both ways.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Yeah, 3 Month/3gb whichever you hit first.

After that its either $10 a month or $20 a month. I've seen it priced both ways.
I'm showing for $20/mo. Fortunately, I have unlimited data and all of our phones can be used as hotspots already. Not sure we'll need it.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
On mine, it is the opposite, 95% of the settings don't stick. ok maybe I exaggerated a little.., ;)

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
What is the interface if you click the Sirius Stream button? Does it still have the same buttons on the radio, or does it switch to carplay or what?

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
What is the interface if you click the Sirius Stream button? Does it still have the same buttons on the radio, or does it switch to carplay or what?
It Looks exactly the same. Its still using the built in app, but getting the info over the internet instead of satellite.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I'm showing for $20/mo. Fortunately, I have unlimited data and all of our phones can be used as hotspots already. Not sure we'll need it.
Yeah I'm getting $20 now as well. My Edge occasionally drop to $10 or $15. But it also used to let me just add it to my current plan and I don't see a way to do that anymore.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Are you listening to a streaming channel or a satellite channel? I don’t know much about SiriusXM with 360L, but I suspect it’s a “hybrid” - a satellite receiver for the “traditional” channels, and integrated streaming over cellular for streaming only channels?
Interesting I didn't think about that. I just assumed it would choose to stream if possible - which is what I'd like it to do...

Reactions: ARK

BillK

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid Air GT, Zero SR/F
Occupation
Retired-ish
Country flag
By the same logic, my LG SoundBar, “tuned my Meridien” is tuned by the same people who built my washing machine since LG owns Meridien.
Yes, actually I do mean that. In very many cases the wave of corporate mergers and acquisitions that accelerated after 2008 has diluted the identity of the acquired companies. Look no further than the Jeep Renegade to see an example in the automotive world. From Craftsman tools to Whirlpool appliances many brands no longer mean what they once did.

Does this apply to MME's B&O system or your “tuned my Meridien”? Honestly I have no idea, but before this thread I have never heard a complaint about the sound quality of any B&O system. Time will tell whether the problems some have reported here is a quality issue or simply a integration error that can be fixed with an update.

darren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback, Mach-E
Country flag
For anyone using Apple Music, be aware that Apple Music uses low bit rate by default when streaming over cellular. You have to change the setting:

setting -> Music -> cellular data -> High Quality Streaming

Keyk4

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2001 Explorer Sport Trac
Country flag
Aha, do you think the driver profile needs to be saved again after the changes? Not sure I saved an SXM profile.
I didn't have to manually save anything for the radio settings, it just remembers. You might have to for the seat position.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
I didn't have to manually save anything for the radio settings, it just remembers. You might have to for the seat position.
Still didn't save the EQ or Fade.
Sponsored