Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Occupation
Energy Manager
Country flag
I just got a build date for the week of May 24th. My order date was Feb. 5th.

First Name
Sheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Explorer
Country flag
I had the opportunity to demo the MME for the weekend, and spent a LOT of time driving it around Cumming, Marietta and Roswell. I am in LOVE AND exhausted from talking up the car! I had so many pictures and videos taken of me driving around in it?. I cannot wait to order the car and get the ball rolling! This would be our first EV, and having it over the weekend really proved that it would be a great fit for our family. Now I’m just digging around on the forums to answer some of our random questions so I can make my husband feel comfortable about pulling the trigger!

OP
OP
horsiedad

horsiedad

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E GT PE, Mach-E Premium
Country flag
I had the opportunity to demo the MME for the weekend, and spent a LOT of time driving it around Cumming, Marietta and Roswell. I am in LOVE AND exhausted from talking up the car! I had so many pictures and videos taken of me driving around in it?. I cannot wait to order the car and get the ball rolling! This would be our first EV, and having it over the weekend really proved that it would be a great fit for our family. Now I’m just digging around on the forums to answer some of our random questions so I can make my husband feel comfortable about pulling the trigger!
Hope to see pictures of you in a new MME soon.

121gigawatts

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Not Soon Enough
Country flag
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that's hyped for their order.

I originally ordered at the start of April, but I picked up a cancelled ordered at a dealership near me. In signature below!

It was shipped on April 21st, so in transit for mid May.

Also, I know that I-85 gives free access to Alternative Fuel Vehicles. Just give PeachPass a call once you've got the AFV license plate/tag. You will need a new Peach Pass transmitter for your windshield regardless of if you have a new one or not. Would love to see a push to add more interstates giving free peach pass access to AFV's.

Looking forward to seeing some Mach E's on the road!

Duchess

First Name
Diane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Premium
Country flag

I originally ordered at the start of April, but I picked up a cancelled ordered at a dealership near me. In signature below!

Also, I know that I-85 gives free access to Alternative Fuel Vehicles. Just give PeachPass a call once you've got the AFV license plate/tag. You will need a new Peach Pass transmitter for your windshield regardless of if you have a new one or not. Would love to see a push to add more interstates giving free peach pass access to AFV's.

Thanks for the tip!

SkyWalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang, Mach-E
Occupation
Network Engineer
Country flag
Yeah, it's unfortunate that you have to buy their special plate/tag to do so. I think you also get unrestricted HOV access.

JBB_JD

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME FE, 22 Escape Hy, 20 Fusion Hy, 20 Escape
Country flag
Yeah, it's unfortunate that you have to buy their special plate/tag to do so. I think you also get unrestricted HOV access.
Just me venting to the PeachPass officials - I have had a Personalized plate for over 20 years and a PeachPass since that program began. I called and they said I would have to get that EV plate so NO deal. They also do not have the MME as a choice of auto. DISAPPOINTING. I am keeping my Personalized plate and paying to use Express Lane while hoping for enlightenment.

SkyWalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang, Mach-E
Occupation
Network Engineer
Country flag
Just me venting to the PeachPass officials - I have had a Personalized plate for over 20 years and a PeachPass since that program began. I called and they said I would have to get that EV plate so NO deal. They also do not have the MME as a choice of auto. DISAPPOINTING. I am keeping my Personalized plate and paying to use Express Lane while hoping for enlightenment.
Yeah, there are several disappointing approaches GA has taken towards EVs. I'm sure they force us to use the plate so they can collect more fees and also so the police know we can use unrestricted HOV, which isn't even applicable for all interstates in GA. Between that and the yearly flat rate Alternative Fuel Tax, some changes definitely need to be made. I came to the same conclusion as you and will just keep my regular peach pass and personalized plate. Might even use HOV as I see fit and push my luck lol.

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Mach E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
I am keeping my Personalized plate and paying to use Express Lane while hoping for enlightenment.
It will require a change in state law, so your local legislators are the place you need to be complaining, although you probably shouldn't hold your breath. I had the same complaint regarding my Tesla a year or so ago and my Democratic ITP senator didn't seem to care, so there's no where really to turn at that point

I travel up and down I-85 so little, and you still have to pay the tolls on 75, that it wasn't worth not getting the tag I wanted. I also don't drive in town enough by myself to need to use the HOV lanes (which GSP and APD don't seem to enforce anyway) by myself

First Name
Sheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Explorer
Country flag

This is great info, thank you! I know that they’re building out HOV lanes on 400, which I will definitely want to take full advantage of (if it ever comes to fruition :)).

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Mach E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
This is great info, thank you! I know that they’re building out HOV lanes on 400, which I will definitely want to take full advantage of (if it ever comes to fruition :)).
Those lanes will not have any special privileges for EV owners, and they won't be HOV lanes, they'll be HOT lanes (aka Express Lanes). They'll operate just like the ones on I-75, with no "no toll" for EV owners

The only special perks EV owners get is no tolls on I-85 Express Lanes and the ability to use HOV lanes in town if you're a single occupant

OP
OP
horsiedad

horsiedad

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E GT PE, Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Those lanes will not have any special privileges for EV owners, and they won't be HOV lanes, they'll be HOT lanes (aka Express Lanes). They'll operate just like the ones on I-75, with no "no toll" for EV owners

The only special perks EV owners get is no tolls on I-85 Express Lanes and the ability to use HOV lanes in town if you're a single occupant
Where is it stated that EV drivers can use the HOV downtown with a single occupant? I've been looking for that information, but haven't found it.
Sponsored