Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag
I'm seriously looking at the I-Pace. Seeing some 2019s at a crazy price of just around $60,000 ($20,000 off of MSRP), it's now a very real contender for me. It's got an interior that just blows away my Tesla, the ME and anything else I've been considering. There's also been an 8% range increase that brings it to about 250 miles. Despite some cars having some early issues, owners truly love it. Teslas are the same way, many have had issues but still wouldn't consider anything else.

The I-Pace is a car I can actually buy today, which for me is a big plus. I've also been considering the Polestar and put a $1,000 deposit down on it. However I'm still plagued with guilt knowing it's made in China.

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
This might be worth considering, though not coming until 2021. If 45K is the starting price before incentives, this would be a fairly huge competitor. Personally I’d be interested, although the looks are kind of odd.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a32307536/audi-q4-e-tron-confirmed-2021/
One thing you see with "luxury" brands is that most features are options. The current base Audi Q5 has few features, but I guess it offers people a lower cost choice for a base unit. They do offer more choices for people willing to pay more though.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I'm seriously looking at the I-Pace. Seeing some 2019s at a crazy price of just around $60,000 ($20,000 off of MSRP), it's now a very real contender for me. It's got an interior that just blows away my Tesla, the ME and anything else I've been considering. There's also been an 8% range increase that brings it to about 250 miles. Despite some cars having some early issues, owners truly love it. Teslas are the same way, many have had issues but still wouldn't consider anything else.

The I-Pace is a car I can actually buy today, which for me is a big plus. I've also been considering the Polestar and put a $1,000 deposit down on it. However I'm still plagued with guilt knowing it's made in China.
I just looked at my local JLR dealer in Seattle and sure enough, $20,000 off MSRP for the I-PACE. They're also offering 0% financing for 72 months. You can therefore get a brand new 2019 I-PACE HSE for as low as $65k before the $7500 federal tax incentive.

The 8% range bump is a big deal and despite its lower 100kw max charging power, it takes the same 45 mins to go from 10% to 80% SoC with the added bonus of cheaper rates since the 100kW falls into the 0-125kW price tariff.

There's also a chance Jaguar will do a midcycle refresh for 2021 and boost the range up to 300 miles on the same 90kWh pack.

ccarpen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I Pace
Country flag
I just looked at my local JLR dealer in Seattle and sure enough, $20,000 off MSRP for the I-PACE. They're also offering 0% financing for 72 months. You can therefore get a brand new 2019 I-PACE HSE for as low as $65k before the $7500 federal tax incentive.

The 8% range bump is a big deal and despite its lower 100kw max charging power, it takes the same 45 mins to go from 10% to 80% SoC with the added bonus of cheaper rates since the 100kW falls into the 0-125kW price tariff.

There's also a chance Jaguar will do a midcycle refresh for 2021 and boost the range up to 300 miles on the same 90kWh pack.
For what it's worth, I had the software update on my I Pace in January, and range increase is more like 10% - 15%. In mild winter conditions, would typically look at 190 mile range, but now it's 210 - 220 miles. Was achieving 240 miles in ideal conditions, but now expect 270ish miles.

My lease expires in October, but extending it, or purchasing a used one, is definitely an option, as well as MME. Unfortunately (for me), demand in Europe remains quite strong, so no such deals on new I Paces here.

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
@Ken7 the I-Pace is a beauty. If MME wasn’t around, I was all set to lease it in Nov this year.

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

A refresh to 300 miles on the same 90kWh pack enters the ‘too good to be true’ realm. That one I‘d be skeptical of. Since the 8% increase applied to both 2019 & 2020 models, I wonder if that would be true of a 300 mile update. I’m not aware of any substantive changes in the 2020 model, but I’ve heard nothing of a midcycle refresh.

At any rate I’m scheduling a test drive.

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For what it's worth, I had the software update on my I Pace in January, and range increase is more like 10% - 15%. In mild winter conditions, would typically look at 190 mile range, but now it's 210 - 220 miles. Was achieving 240 miles in ideal conditions, but now expect 270ish miles.

My lease expires in October, but extending it, or purchasing a used one, is definitely an option, as well as MME. Unfortunately (for me), demand in Europe remains quite strong, so no such deals on new I Paces here.
Wow, a 10%-15% increase would be amazing. I do recall hearing stories of owners getting much more than the stated range.

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@Ken7 the I-Pace is a beauty. If MME wasn’t around, I was all set to lease it in Nov this year.
Certainly no bad choice here, just great ones! Since I’m the impatient type and I’m really wowed by the I-Pace’s interior, it has risen to the top after this $20,000 price break.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag

Be prepared to get used to squinting to look out the rear slit, I mean window...

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I find almost all modern cars to have unusable rear windows. I doubt the ME will be much better. Enter backup cameras. Enter rear cross-traffic alerts. :)

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I find almost all modern cars to have unusable rear windows. I doubt the ME will be much better. Enter backup cameras. Enter rear cross-traffic alerts. :)
And you really don't need to see that delivery truck driver reading his texts as he bearing down on you at a stoplight.

I like to see out the back window and really hope the Mach E has good visibility. That's one thing that annoyed me about not being able to sit in one, even briefly, at the Washington Auto Show. Looking forward to that test drive.
Sponsored