Audi Q4 revealed

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
I do know Audi is losing money on all etron sold in North America.

Audi paused production of the e-tron in February 2020 due to supply chain s problems including issues with an adequate supply of batteries for the e-tron. Production resumed in early May

The first customer in Germany received his e-tron in March 2019. In late April 2019 it was reported that prospective customers faced waiting lists of 6–7 months (putting the expected delivery date close to the end of 2019]The delays caused controversy in Norway, where customers were informed that their cars would be delivered up to 6 months later than originally promised unless they paid extra for a significantly more expensive "Fast Track" car. Further to this, some customers were also informed that were they to cancel their reservation they would be liable for a fine equal to 8% of the purchase price.

Subsequently, weekly production hours at the assembly plant were foreseen to be reduced from 30 to 24. Audi announced a recall of certain e-tron models. The recall relates to a water leak that could lead to the high voltage electronics shorting, potentially causing a fire in extreme cases.

How many e-tron did Audi sell in 2021?
Audi sold 4,324 e-tron in 2021. (From Jan - Mar 2021)

Year
Q1
Q2
Q3
Q4
2019-1,2321,7051,829
20214,324---
Total6,0352,3934,0013,863
Sponsored

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Better what is better? is using 70% of the ID4 parts. What's better about it some cosmetic items inside? Nothing is groundbreaking or leading the pack. Kia and Hyundai have made leaps. This is really just an id4 with audi on it. Just makeup and lipstick.
All manufacturers make and come up with new vehicles. That doesn't mean they will sell well. All have had flops. They didn't know it would sell as badly as it did. It's called taking a chance. It didn't take off as they thought.

I rest my case on it. Your main reviews of BEV on youtube have said its specs are already outdated and it's not even out yet. Not just my words. We will all find out the end of 2022.

Last edited:

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The original etron is 222 range.

45,000 to 65,000 for cost. 250 miles of range, but 125kw fast charging.

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
Now people are like "maybe I should get a Mach E" if they are ford people and "maybe I should check out the EV6 GT" if they are hot hatch people and "maybe I should get an XC40 Recharge" if they are NPR fans or Chevy Bolts if they are just old school hyper millers.
I'm an NPR fan. That was a compliment, right? ?

americanflannel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
I do not write menu descriptions for a living
Country flag
I'm an NPR fan. That was a compliment, right? ?
It is. I would say wolf trap crowd but if you aren’t from northern Virginia you wouldn’t get it.

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
It is. I would say wolf trap crowd but if you aren’t from northern Virginia you wouldn’t get it.
Actually I have heard of it, but have not been there. I lived in Columbia, MD for a while.....how about Merriweather Post Pavilion? ?

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
The top two selling points of a BEV are range and charging. Point blank. it's not speed. But it is being pushed more by the auto manufacturers than normal ice vehicles.
Because before Tesla, electric (in the form of hybrids) was known for mileage efficiency and a PUNY ICE engine to power it. So, electric became synonymous with poor acceleration, and drivers everywhere curse the Prius in the left lane. (What? just me? Okay then.)

Now EV drivers want quick. They want confidence that when they try to merge onto the highway, they won’t get rear-ended.

A 6 second 0-60 is fine. Acceptable. B-/C+. But I can’t disagree more with the idea that it is what EV drivers want.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Because before Tesla, electric (in the form of hybrids) was known for mileage efficiency and a PUNY ICE engine to power it. So, electric became synonymous with poor acceleration, and drivers everywhere curse the Prius in the left lane. (What? just me? Okay then.)

Now EV drivers want quick. They want confidence that when they try to merge onto the highway, they won’t get rear-ended.

A 6 second 0-60 is fine. Acceptable. B-/C+. But I can’t disagree more with the idea that it is what EV drivers want.
People that want fast purchased tesla. Where could you get a 3.1 second 0 to 60 time under 60,000? One of the selling points is the instant torque of a Bev. All the videos you see point out the speeds.

Now your average person that doesn't know much or anything about BEV will quickly go to what is the range and how does it charge and how fast. Those two factors are number 1 and 2 on questionnaires filled out by potential bev buyers.

The third most asked question is the cost of ownership compared to ice vechile.